Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Greatest nation on Earth' afraid to own up to a bunch of ignorant, religious yokels

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Cainistan. Be careful about the island size, you could get the fever (trapped, going in circles) and go mad.

And did you hear that if too many people are on an island it could flip over and capsize?
    Right, because the island is about 12 miles between the shores at its widest point, and uhh, ehhh, umm, 5 miles at its uhh, least widest location between the shores.

Nope! But it was briefly up for auction... starting at 21 million GBP. One of these days, it will be mine, and once I own my very own sovereign nation, ... muahahaha!
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Hmmm.... this is a conundrum. Well, the only sensible thing to do would be to make the AI a learning machine with base-line thinking modeled from my own brain. The programmers would have to be hand picked by me and sequestered from the rest of the world, and perhaps from each other, until the work is complete. Then the AI should be given complete control of the world's nuclear arsenals with the ability to launch on any target it chooses. That would probably fix everything.
    The moment it's switched on, should we expect to hear the din of klaxons in the distance? It's the only way to be sure (of global peace).
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    The moment it's switched on, should we expect to hear the din of klaxons in the distance? It's the only way to be sure (of global peace).
    All the telephones in the world will ring simultaneously. (2 points if you can name the reference)
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Dial F for Frankenstein?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I think it's Lawnmower Man, actually.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Aww 2 points for you, then
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    I think it's Lawnmower Man, actually.
    Yep. A bit of a rip from Flowers For Algernon - where it should have gone I guess instead of the depressing slide back into mental challenge
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)