Thread: Requesting Linux assistance

Default Requesting Linux assistance

So I'd like to export my tabs from Chrome Beta for Android to a list of URLs I can use on my computer, to open the tabs in one go for bookmarking or just import them automatically to a browser of my choice.

Chrome's built-in sync-feature only syncs about 25 tabs from my phone and I have an embarrassingly large number of tabs that need to be exported. I can't find a good way to automatically bookmark all tabs, nor does there seem to be any simple effective tool for exporting all open chrome tabs to a list of URLs in a human-readable file.

I've managed to get 80% of the way thanks to stackexchange:

http://android.stackexchange.com/que...me-tabs/104153

The file in question is called tab_state0 on my system and the first answer makes the file more manageable. However, there remains a large number of unprintable characters appended to the URLs that make it difficult to use the list for opening/importing tabs all in one go. Because the sequences of unprintable and weird characters vary I can't figure out how to just find-and-replace them.

In the second answer there is a script that may result in a more manageable list of URLs by removing unprintable characters but I can't figure out how to apply that script to my tab_state0 file because, frankly, I have no experience with these tools.

Is there any easy way to use the script in the second answer on the tab_state0 file I've copied to my windows system? Or do I have to do it all in android?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Nevermind, I managed to use it as a script file in android and write to a text file
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."