Thread: LOL What the actual hell?

Default LOL What the actual hell?

https://pagesix.com/2022/02/09/adele...neutral-event/

"Adele is being accused of transphobia for declaring at a woke gender-neutral awards show that she loves “being a woman.”

The “Rolling in the Deep” singer made the remark at Tuesday’s Brit Awards as she collected the prize for Artist of the Year, a newly created category merging the old Best Male and Best Female Artist awards."

Of course this "horrific remark" has led to the usual crowd going ape shit.

"“Who’d have thought Adele was a transphobe and would use her platform to call for the destruction of the trans community. Especially the confused teenagers,” another long-time Twitter user posted.

Others complained that they had “lost a lot of respect for Adele” and would no longer “spend a cent on her music,” the Times of London noted."

Modern society is ridiculous and nonsensical but at least it has its funny bits. The idea that people are hyperventilating about Adele's remarks and actually getting upset... fuck lol the world is so easily triggered these days. Its almost too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    The idea that people are hyperventilating about Adele's remarks and actually getting upset... fuck lol the world is so easily triggered these days.
    Irony
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Lewk, accused by whom? At least one of the links in the story is to some nobody who got 8 retweets. Maybe use your brain and think about why this is being presented as a widescale outrage when the outrage is limited to a handful of no-names on Twitter.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Lewk, accused by whom? At least one of the links in the story is to some nobody who got 8 retweets. Maybe use your brain and think about why this is being presented as a widescale outrage when the outrage is limited to a handful of no-names on Twitter.
    So to clarify any and all outrage about her comments by any group would be ridiculous, yes?

Yes, it would. I just looked through several stories on this and every one relies on no-name Twitter account as their evidence of outrage.
    Hope is the denial of reality