Thread: Getting started in X3AP with an X52 Pro

Default Getting started in X3AP with an X52 Pro

Merry Christmas!

I got an X52 Pro today in order to play X3AP with. Figured out already from reading threads found from Google that you need to disable the throttle in order to allow the throttle to work (!) but now can't figure out how to actually do anything other than move. EG communicating with other ships, selecting other ships even, trade, loading the map etc - can't figure out what the controls are or how to map them.

Found this thread with a file to download in the opening post and I've downloaded that file but not sure where to save it or how to load it: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=2633491

Any advice please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You configure everything in Saitek's provided software. I think that file should be the configuration that you load into Saitek's utility thing.

Thanks! That helps a bit. The provided software didn't load .pr0 files but downloading modern files from their website does.

However while the profile has been loaded nothing mapped seems to be working.
    Turning one rotary on the thruttle one way should load the sector map and another way should load the universe map. Does nothing.
    Turning one rotary on the thruttle one way should activate docking to the target. Does nothing.
    Pressing left one one POV on the Joystick should activate SETA. Does nothing.

Any idea?

EDIT: Had to download latest drivers too!
    Last edited by RandBlade; 12-25-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

When I restart my PC* the X52 forgets that its got a profile loaded and I need to reload it. Considering that for now this is the only game I'm using it with I'd rather the profile be loaded automatically. Do you know how to do that?

* typically only whenever stupid 10 Windows forces me to do so or it will restart itself grrr ...