Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: That's all?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38480296 Anyone taking bets on how long this Trump-loving Republican will serve in prison?
    Not sure but anything less than the maximum (15 years) is a tragedy. Hell 15 years not being 15 years is a tragedy. (Out in half the time these days in most states).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2a9c3860e98a

Hope they arrest him and make him pay for both the trial and the cost of cleaning up the blood.

Or that United gets taken to the cleaners.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2a9c3860e98a

Hope they arrest him and make him pay for both the trial and the cost of cleaning up the blood.

Or that United gets taken to the cleaners.
    I saw this too - wtf??? The video is totally fucked.

As far as I can tell, the flight was full and already loaded with passengers, when four United employees showed up and, for whatever reason, the company decided they needed to be on that flight. When the airline couldn't buy four passengers off for 800 bucks (they first offered 400), they randomly kicked 4 passengers off - one of whom said no fucking way and got his ass kicked by police for it. What the hell? IMHO, the company should have raised the buy-off amount until 4 passengers found it worthwhile, not have police beat up some doctor and drag him off the flight. This was the airline's fuck up, they need to eat the cost, not take a fucking customer and kick his ass.

Given the videos, this is a PR cluster-fuck for United. Holy shit. Unbelievably stupid.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

United is fucked in the public eye thats for sure. They did so much wrong here, including allow the passengers on the plane before having the seating ironed out.

but the plane is private property, and when they tell you to leave you leave. when the police tell you to leave you fucking leave. Not leaving is a trespass, not listening to the police is fucking stupid.

then again if this doctor, who apparently very seriously needed to see his patients the next day, had gone meekly he wouldn't have nearly this much publicly.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    United is fucked in the public eye thats for sure. They did so much wrong here, including allow the passengers on the plane before having the seating ironed out.
    Apparently it was because the "overbooking" was due to employees needing travel and arriving late. They weren't overbooked until after the passengers were on board.

Not saying this makes it any better; actually I think it makes it worse.

Utterly disgusting.

Fully agreed with Eyekhan, surely at a price point someone would have agreed. If you say we will give a thousand dollars and a hotel room if you come back tomorrow someone would have volunteered. Would have been costly but so it deserves to be for mucking people around who've prepaid for prebooked tickets.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Just for fun I checked what a one way ticket from O'hare to Louisville would be, for a flight today. On the United site that came up with a fare of $250,- for a one way economy ticket. Seems to me that people were holding out for a price point which was no longer reasonable. What I don't understand is the whole 'I/they have to be on this flight' angle. Seems like there are a whole bunch of flights between those airport every day. By the way, I have little to no sympathy for the passenger in the video; as far as I am concerned it was fairly obvious he was milking the situation. Too bad that kind of behaviour appearantly is effective.
    Congratulations America

I'm honestly not sure what to expect. In some ways United seems to have violated its own policies, in addition to acting like idiots. An airline may deny service to anyone they like but customers are not entirely without rights. Their use of security guards or police officers may be found to be questionable. On the other hand it may be easy for them to portray the passenger as being disruptive and dangerous and the cops' accounts will no doubt make it more difficult for the victim to get restitution, even if one of the clowns has been suspended.

At first I was certain this would be settled out of court but now I'm not so sure.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

The optics of going after the only 2 (or close to it) Asian-Americans on board isn't great either.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The airline royally fucked up but you don't get to decide to disregard the operators of the aircraft/airline willy nilly. If you go into a subway and pay for food and they don't give it to you, you aren't allowed to sit at the subway and refuse to leave until you get food. Society doesn't operate like that. Civil courts exist for a reason.

A lot of people get very anxious planes. This might have been a panic attack.

Best one I've seen so far...

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Just for fun I checked what a one way ticket from O'hare to Louisville would be, for a flight today. On the United site that came up with a fare of $250,- for a one way economy ticket. Seems to me that people were holding out for a price point which was no longer reasonable. What I don't understand is the whole 'I/they have to be on this flight' angle. Seems like there are a whole bunch of flights between those airport every day. By the way, I have little to no sympathy for the passenger in the video; as far as I am concerned it was fairly obvious he was milking the situation. Too bad that kind of behaviour appearantly is effective.
    I agree he was milking the situation, but the results were still . . . excessive.

As to the other points: scheduling matters. Size of group matters (the article mentions a group of kids on a school trip; can't exactly break that group up, nor families, etc). And there's just the plain fact that the airline's failures should not the passengers' responsibilities to fix.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

LOL incidentally I actually enjoy flying Southwest.

I do too. Which is why it's so unfortunate that they don't have many flights out of my local hub, and none going to the two airports I do most of my flying to.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I personally am breaking every rule on board of a plane I can get away with. Right up till the moment I get a flight attendant telling me that I should not do that. I comply immediately and without questions. If I would be told that I should get of the plane I would get off.
    Congratulations America

Guess United is thinking they should have rented a car for the 6 hour drive for those employees?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Looking back 8 years, seems they've moved from guitars to people.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I don't know much about markets or shares or whatever, but this looks bad:

Can any one who knows about finance and stuff confirm?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Great time to invest. 4 weeks after guitar guy caused a dip the stock was up 81%. People have short memories.

NY Post wrote a hit piece against the doctor. Curious what they gain from this.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-...drugs-for-sex/

same bottom feeding audience that TMZ serves.
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/11/united...ted-drugs-sex/

I'm shocked that he actually is a doctor. I figured him for someone lying to make himself appear more important/indispensable and protect his seat thereby.
    As for what the NYP gains from this A) it's the Post, Loki. B) the American public does love to see people torn down. The NYP maybe jumped the gun a bit, because it's even better to tear down someone on a pedestal, but it's a competitive media market out there and they don't want to get scooped.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I don't know much about markets or shares or whatever, but this looks bad:

Can any one who knows about finance and stuff confirm?
    I don't see a scale on that graph. Never trust a graph out of context without a scale.

Though in finance graphs like this are very common. Breaking news causes a vertical adjustment followed by a gradual readjustment as cooler heads absorb the news. Sometimes the vertical adjustment goes the wrong way even.

As for a hitjob on the doctor, the Daily Fail has also done one.

Do you think it will get clicks? Do you think it will make money? If the answer is yes - there you go. There is a lot of interest regarding the case, this makes absolute sense to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't see a scale on that graph. Never trust a graph out of context without a scale.

Though in finance graphs like this are very common. Breaking news causes a vertical adjustment followed by a gradual readjustment as cooler heads absorb the news. Sometimes the vertical adjustment goes the wrong way even.

As for a hitjob on the doctor, the Daily Fail has also done one.
    People should just look up the stock itself (UAL) 1 Month, 3 month, 1 year all show the original graph is highly misleading.

Wow. Or even longer.

After the United Breaks Guitars song went viral UAL stock hit a floor of $3.26 a share. Today it's $70.71 a share. That is incredible!