Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Korea, again

At this point, North Korea has a much better case about the US being ruled by a madman than vice versa.
    Hope is the denial of reality

and common sense picks "DUH" for $200

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...234449710.html
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    US attacks them first and the US gets condemned on the international stage, especially if we do it without the blessing of SK, which they won't give.
    Speaking of which
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...dent-moon-says
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Fucking hell.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Its like a nuclear game of chicken.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Of course if Pyongyang actually comes to believe Trump wants war then they could capitulate pre-emptively removing the "need" for war.

Unlikely.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

If North Korea actually believes this, there's a higher chance it launches a preemptive attack in the hope of doing enough damage to scare the US away.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Of course if Pyongyang actually comes to believe Trump wants war then they could capitulate pre-emptively removing the "need" for war.

Unlikely.
    If anything this is a stupid attempt to either provide NK into giving US an excuse or pressuring them to back down and start listening more to China. It's a ridiculous gamble. I believe China has said that it would defend NK against an aggressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If North Korea actually believes this, there's a higher chance it launches a preemptive attack in the hope of doing enough damage to scare the US away.
    Perhaps but that would be suicide. NK can cause a lot of destruction but not MAD.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Perhaps but that would be suicide. NK can cause a lot of destruction but not MAD.
    It doesn't need MAD. It's fighting for its homeland. Neither Trump nor most Americans are going to sacrifice their lives for Korea.

North Korea can't do enough damage to us to scare Trump off. It can do enough damage, to us or to our allies (or cause us to spend enough money to count as damage) that we might finally impeach the bastard but I'm sure he doesn't think that could really happen.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    North Korea can't do enough damage to us to scare Trump off. It can do enough damage, to us or to our allies (or cause us to spend enough money to count as damage) that we might finally impeach the bastard but I'm sure he doesn't think that could really happen.
    Probably not. But you keep on inflaming tensions and raising the stakes and someone's going to overreact. Wars don't start in a day.

Have you heard about this Nelson Report before? I can't find anything negative.

Yesterday Trump also amended Executive Order 13223, allowing the recall of all retired Military.

Nothing like a war to distract from your approval rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Probably not. But you keep on inflaming tensions and raising the stakes and someone's going to overreact. Wars don't start in a day.
    Oh, I didn't say what I did to provide a reassurance that war won't happen. Quite the opposite. I think Trump is almost completely unconcerned by the prospect of a war and is convinced he can get everything he wants from NK without significant cost even if it does lead to hostilities. I think, I hope the rest of the country wouldn't let him get away with doing so unpunished but. . .

And no, I'm not really familiar with it. I think I've seen it referenced once regarding one of the many little tiffs over the Spratlys, but can't recall what it said.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

It's late at night on a weekend, but no one's confirming this. I'm starting to wonder the veracity of this thing (not necessarily the report, but the first person reporting it).