Thread: The things I don't understand

Default The things I don't understand

http://fox61.com/2016/11/12/meriden-...gn-2-arrested/

MERIDEN — A police lieutenant intervened in an assault on a man standing in the street outside the police station waving a Trump sign and arrested two suspects, and one of the suspects had over 50 bags of heroin on him.

At noontime on Saturday, Meriden Police Lieutenant Lawrence Guidobono was parked on Hanover Street at the rear of the police station and saw a man standing on the traffic island at the corner nearby waving the US flag and holding a Trump sign.

Guidobono saw a silver car stop at the location and two men got out. Police said the men began punching and kicking the victim holding the sign, knocking him to the street. Guidobono immediately stopping the assault and arrested the two suspects. Other officers came to the scene and in the arrest. The victim stated to police that the two men made an obscene gesture and he responded “Same to you,” which precipitated the assault according to police.

The victim, approximately 45 years old, complained of pain in his ear and head, but refused medical attention.

One of the suspects, Anthony Hobdy, 36, of Meriden, was in possession of 54 bags of heroin packaged for sale which was found at the time of arrest.He was also wanted on four warrants.

He was charged with assault third degree, possession of narcotics and four counts of failure to appear. he was held on $540,000 bond.

Wilson Eschevarria, 32 of Meriden was charged with third degree assault. His bond was set at $500.

A court date was not released.

Another act of violence by the oh so tolerant left. That I fully understand. What I don't understand is this:

"He was charged with assault third degree, possession of narcotics and four counts of failure to appear. he was held on $540,000 bond."

Why even allow any amount for bond? If he failed to appear FOUR times you don't get to have bond. This isn't a hard concept, there is no constitutional right to bail. It just states that you can't charge excessive bail, if someone is a flight risk... don't let them out. Now I grant you, this guy probably won't be able to come up with money to get out but the point remains. A guy that acts violently over a political sign, with a prior conviction record, while carrying bags of highly illegal substance is something you don't want out on the streets. Period.

And the dudes buddy gets out with $500? Gee - and people wonder why we have a crime problem in this country.

I don't believe the story. I don't believe someone stopped to assault a guy, just outside a police station, while carrying 54 bags of heroin. Lewk, it's amazing how credulous you are of some media reporting and skeptical of others.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I don't believe the story. I don't believe someone stopped to assault a guy, just outside a police station, while carrying 54 bags of heroin. Lewk, it's amazing how credulous you are of some media reporting and skeptical of others.
    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...400947415.html

Really fuzzy?

Given the problems with Meriden's vile and corrupt police department it's more likely this is an attempt to clear the stage for their own official heroin dealing business.

The OP is of course kinda retarded, take that bullshit to reddit.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I was really expecting an extensive list of things Lewk doesn't understand. Talk about disappointment.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    I was really expecting an extensive list of things Lewk doesn't understand. Talk about disappointment.
    I genuinely believe that's something he rarely gives any thought to.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Dunning-Kruger. He doesn't understand that he doesn't understand.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Dunning-Kruger. He doesn't understand that he doesn't understand.
    Nor does he care.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Although I agree in principle I feel the same way about invoking Dunning-Kruger as I do about godwinning. I think it detracts from any discussion that isn't actually about research on relevant cognitive biases.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    This time it fits perfectly, though.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

You had some pretty strange expectations going into this thread.