Thread: Has the Trump Administration Been Infiltrated by the British Labour Party?

Default Has the Trump Administration Been Infiltrated by the British Labour Party?

Aka. the Muslim Brotherhood aka. young liberal arts students aka. Trollface.

Consider the damning evidence:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/2...rance-day.html

How else would an American president get the idea to not mention Jewish people in a speech about the fucking Holocaust?

Has it happened before? By which I mean, "Has the Labour Party infiltrated any previous presidential adminstrations?"

Is this insignificant or portentous?

Also, #alllivesmatter
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Good comment Aimless they are both bloody insane at the moment. Hopefully the mother of the madness will never get near power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You realize of course that the administration is pandering to the alt-right which has probably made a nice cushy home for itself in the Whitest House.

Alt-right is a bullshit term and I have always said there is nothing right-wing about the far right. You can't put a fag paper between the far right and far left a lot of the time.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I'm actually going to go ahead and agree with the Trump administration on this one. But then I think the entire idea of these "remembrance days" is mostly a crock. Even if it weren't, though, the US is not actually a Jordanian middle school. We're well aware that the Holocaust targeted Jews. People aren't so well aware of the other targeted groups. As someone who fits one of those groups, I think the need to make that SPECIAL mention (and continue to ignore the rest of us) is what's out of line.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

That's a very optimistic and trusting take on why Trump said what he did.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That's a very optimistic and trusting take on why Trump said what he did.
    Believe it or not, I think what is actually said/done matters more than intent, particularly when intent is COMPLETELY UNKNOWABLE. I'm supposed to say Trump is wrong for doing the right thing because it's possible he or his advisors had less savory motives? That would kind of require saying that every politician is wrong in everything they do, every time, wouldn't it?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Believe it or not, I think what is actually said/done matters more than intent, particularly when intent is COMPLETELY UNKNOWABLE. I'm supposed to say Trump is wrong for doing the right thing because it's possible he or his advisors had less savory motives? That would kind of require saying that every politician is wrong in everything they do, every time, wouldn't it?
    It's a signal to his white supremacist base (have a look at the white supremacist forums). And I can assure you that this base won't listen to the message and realize how unfortunate it was that homosexuals or anyone else were killed during the Holocaust. What it will tell them is that the president is with them and therefore that racist behavior is now acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    It's a signal to his white supremacist base (have a look at the white supremacist forums). And I can assure you that this base won't listen to the message and realize how unfortunate it was that homosexuals or anyone else were killed during the Holocaust. What it will tell them is that the president is with them and therefore that racist behavior is now acceptable.
    Lewki, it's a formal statement recognizing the Holocaust. IThe white supremacist base had already tuned out and was busy creating their own narrative before the first word.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Lewki, it's a formal statement recognizing the Holocaust. IThe white supremacist base had already tuned out and was busy creating their own narrative before the first word.
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1...e-by-neo-Nazis

Hey look, whadayaknow, I was exactly right. They tuned out and created their own narrative. Quelle surprise.

I'm kinda with LF on this.
    Congratulations America

Is this a departure from the norm, for an American president?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It is, dare I say, unpresidented.

I expect so. But since "International Holocaust Remembrance Day" only started in 2006, I think the sample size for establishing the "norm" may be a bit small.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15R0OL

Stay tuned for chortling RBkowski

Never understood why the Germans didn't just change the anthem rather than drop a stanza? Especially when the offending one was the first stanza. These sort of mistakes happen surprisingly often.

Though to me the German national anthem makes me think of something completely different. From watching Formula 1 when Ferrari/Schumacher won growing up, my dad would occasionally sing this to the tune of the German National Anthem:

Coughs and sneezes
    spread diseases
    trap them in your handkerchief

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yes, Rand, God Shave The Queen.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Why not

As a republican atheist I'm not particularly enamored with our anthem either. I prefer Land of Hope and Glory followed by Jerusalem - though they still have religious implications.

Ours is pretty weird, talking about our founding father's German blood and being faithful to the Spanish crown

I remember this happening with the German anthem at least once in the past couple of years so it's not that rare.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Exactly. If you can't laugh about it when it happens maybe consider changing the thing.

While amusing it is a serious mistake for a national sports body to fail like this, it's not like it's organised by some local amateurs.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The number of times I've seen boy scout groups get vehemently bent out of shape because a visiting troop did the morning flags and couldn't tell which side was which when raising the state flag.

At least Nebraska is trying to redesign theirs after they caught themselves flying their own flag upside down for ~10 days.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Ours is pretty weird, talking about our founding father's German blood and being faithful to the Spanish crown

I remember this happening with the German anthem at least once in the past couple of years so it's not that rare.
    It is regrettable, certainly cause for much apology, so sorry, etc. But they kept their anthem as the same song but simply being selective and singing one verse from a song that's only three verses to begin with? Yeah, this is a mistake that's going to happen. Repeatedly.

Incompetent, ignorant or an unsportsmanlike attempt to psych out opponents through trolling. Either way, just another day in the new great US of A

Precisely [EDIT - to Fuzzy not Aimless]

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15R0OL

Stay tuned for chortling RBkowski
    Kinda crybabyish honestly. It doesn't appear to have been done deliberately.