Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ah the tolerant left

Funny how you attack the left for not denouncing left-wing violence and proceed to engage in verbal gymnastics instead of denouncing right-wing violence.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Milo supporter shoots a guy at a protest:

Anarchists set fire to some bins at Milo protest:

Last edited by Steely Glint; 02-04-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Funny how you attack the left for not denouncing left-wing violence and proceed to engage in verbal gymnastics instead of denouncing right-wing violence.
    Even Trump is smarter than this.
    Absolute silence when it was discovered the terrorist who killed 6 in the Quebec shooting was a White supremacist. But he jumped on the Louvre attack, where no one died, almost immediately.

Lewk just doesn't know when to shut up.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Do you think police action is right wing violence? Do you think riots should be allowed to occur?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Do you think police action is right wing violence? Do you think riots should be allowed to occur?
    A right-winger said the police should start shooting protesters to put some fear into them. Do you agree?

Riots are bad. Killing people is worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Milo supporter shoots a guy at a protest:

Anarchists set fire to some bins at Milo protest:

Wasn't it found to be self defense?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    No charges filed, so nothing was found, just that the police don't believe there was enough evidence to bother moving forward with charges. Last I heard about the victim he was still in the ICU.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

A right-winger said the police should start shooting protesters to put some fear into them. Do you agree?

Riots are bad. Killing people is worse.
    I disagree (and thought I made it clear) that protesters shouldn't be shot. Rioters should be shot.

And I completely disagree with the idea that killing *criminals* is worse than riots. Public order has value, you should be able to walk the streets in safety in America and not be randomly assaulted for wearing a red cap.

You think killing a bunch of protesting students contributes to public order? Is that what happened after Kent State?

You think killing a bunch of protesting students contributes to public order? Is that what happened after Kent State?
    We aren't talking about Kent state - it was clearly an analogy and one that I did say needed to be modified (that mentioned protesters, I said rioters a VERY important distinction) Do you think rioters should be allowed to riot or do you think they should be stopped? I'm not suggesting that the police go in shooting right away, escalating levels of force should be used however in the end if it requires lethal means I'm all for it because no one should ever have the right to riot. It is affront to anyone who values law and order.

I don't think you know what the word "analogy" means.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I don't think you know what the word "analogy" means.
    What else is new?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    We aren't talking about Kent state - it was clearly an analogy
    No it was not clearly an analogy. The man flatly declared we should shoot student protestors to teach them a lesson.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Milo apparently wants to try to give a speech there again. Should be fun.

Welcome, one and all, to yet another new and exciting episode of "Who Wants to be a Fascist?"

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017/...n-on-protests/

You'll find your shovels by the door.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Love the name of the district of one of the Rs. Very appropriate.

Rofl, I completely missed that somehow
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I am so fed up already of the phrase "fake news". Politics is all about disagreements but now anything someone disagrees with is "fake news" rather than addressing the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Welcome, one and all, to yet another new and exciting episode of "Who Wants to be a Fascist?"

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017/...n-on-protests/

You'll find your shovels by the door.
    There are tons of problems with the proposed law as written.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Turns out the assholes went to the event with established plans to shoot someone, with several witnesses describing the husband as trying to stir up trouble. The wife (shooter) has been charged with first degree and the husband third degree assault.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-29-2017 at 03:42 AM.