Thread: Just got an email from a subscription I'm not subscribed to

Default Just got an email from a subscription I'm not subscribed to

Just got an email from Pandora.com (a music service apparently, never heard of it) entitled "The songs you loved in February". I'm actually signed up to a few music services for the business to stream music with, but this isn't one of them.

The email lists the music I apparently gave a "thumbs up" too as:

Stevie Wonder - All I do
    Stevie Wonder - Love's in need of love today
    Brian McKnight - Anytime
    Musiq Soulchild - Love

Never even heard of the last two artists and not exactly a big Stevie Wonder fan so this is definitely someone else.

If I try to Pandora.com all I see is a message that its not available in my country.

Weird though that my email is getting used in a subscription for someone else, normally subscription services require you to click a confirmation link to validate an email don't they? Weird that this hasn't. Searched for Pandora on my emails and its brought up weekly emails from these guys (not that I'd noticed them until now) since November and an email 20/11/16 saying "Welcome to Pandora" but no request for confirmation or anything else.

This is not the first time I've received emails meant for someone else though it's the first time repeatedly on a subscription, normally its one someone has typed wrong. There must be someone out there with two L's in their name that gets a lot of my emails too so I understand that these things can happen but normally from other people and not normally if you're typing your own email in to register for a service.

Anyone know if these guys are legit or dodgy? Tempted to email them to say someone else is using my email address, possibly by a typo. On the other hand if these guys are dodgy I'll just avoid altogether and blacklist their emails instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Pandora was the largest streaming service until recently unseated by Spotify.

It's been a while but I don't think Pandora requires a confirmation to begin using its free service, pretty sure I used a bogus email when I created an account for my after school teens.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

So someone could have entered my email by accident and/or as a bogus one then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    So someone could have entered my email by accident and/or as a bogus one then.
    It just seems odd that someone would have accidentally typed in Thatcher4EVA@gmail.com, though.

"When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I have some lady in the UK who has signed up for PAID SERVICES with her CREDIT CARD using my e-mail as the registration. Our names are nothing alike. Some of the services have a phone number in the profile, so I once tried leaving a voicemail saying she needed to change her registration e-mail. Though I'm not confident it's even her number, and of course I have no way to e-mail her. It kept happening, so I reset the passwords on her Pandora and Netflix. Then it stopped...

That's
    Hope is the denial of reality