Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
First of all, I don't believe I can change Khen's posting style.
Yet Lewk is assuredly even less flexible and likely to change than Khend and you'll go after him the same way you just went after me and for the same stated reasons. Bullshit excuse.

Secondly--and more importantly--I don't actually know what RB's position is on the matter of whether or not it should be illegal for him to say, for example, "All Jews should be killed," or even, "Kill all the Jews."
You don't actually know the limits Khend is willing to tolerate either. More bullshit.

Believing in the complete freedom--legally speaking--to say such things is a legitimate and not-uncommon position to take on freedom of speech. Not everyone shares the same views on the legal aspects of incitement to do illegal things.
They don't. There's somewhat more consensus about the meaning of incitement though. It involves persuading people, or threatening them, encouraging them, instigating them, etc. You know what it doesn't include? Highlighting something that they'll make use of for their own purposes. Which is why, for instance, incitement is NOT what Le Pen is being investigated for.

Your position may differ from theirs, sure, but, at the end of the day, I don't believe your assertion that some people on this forum "really do believe that only the things they like should fall under free speech" is accurate.
I don't believe your assertions either, they're clearly full of shit and for some clearly forum-partisanship reasons. But not believing them doesn't make them a straw man.

If you were to ask Khen and Lewk, I believe each would say something along the lines of, "No, I don't believe that," with varying levels of vitriol. Of course you're free to interpret their posts and their behavior in any way you please irrespective of what they may claim about their own beliefs. That's often a necessary part of this sort of discussion. I just think that the interpretation may not hold up to scrutiny.
Lewk, at least, has actually sometimes acknowledged specific that he might not like something but that doesn't make it illegal. He weakens that by caviling enough to get it disregarded but it's there. Khend has never posted even that much. Khend has always supported any legal action against those people and causes he does not like on here, and he has always attacked any against those he does like. He has provided ample material demonstrating these patterns.