Thread: Twitter tags

Default Twitter tags

Are there twitter tags on here that are not showing correctly?

I just quoted a post of Aimless', http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...l=1#post185892 and noticed there were three strings there which just did not display in her post for me at all. Is there supposed to be something there? Is something there for other people?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I've noticed if I quote or edit the twitter content doesn't show up until I refresh. I can see the twitter quotes in your quote. (but your reply is also within the quote).
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Continuing on the subject of your out-of-control fantasies, I'm a boy, you frickin' dingdong
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I've noticed if I quote or edit the twitter content doesn't show up until I refresh. I can see the twitter quotes in your quote. (but your reply is also within the quote).
    Huh. The material doesn't show up for me at all, no matter what I do. The only reason I realized something was amiss is that when I quoted Aimnless I see some numeric strings inside [/twitter] vbb code.

I may owe you an apology OG, if a bunch of the sources you've been referring to in your posts were twitter-tagged than they've just been completely invisible to me and making it look like you never provide sources or provide sources about something else.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

damn, that would explain a lot. A good portion of my posts lately have had twitter sources since Trump loves it so much. They look like this

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

damn, that would explain a lot. A good portion of my posts lately have had twitter sources since Trump loves it so much. They look like this

Click to view the full version
    That post was actually an example from yesterday that had me feeling exasperated with you again because of it. I say the pdf but nothing indicating what you were talking about and was wondering "why does he keep expecting telepathy?" So something on my end is keeping me from seeing material in tweet tags (unless it's some glitch with the Dark Vision theme).

edit: Nope, not the theme. Probably my script blocker, I won't mark Twitter as a trusted source and it looks like the way the tags work, that means material in them doesn't even show up as something getting blocked, the way it would if I used a link.

I've noticed in the past if I post a Tweet that it doesn't show at first but then does if I refresh. Sometimes when others post a Tweet I see it and other times I don't.

One suggestion Wraith, is it possible to amend the way Tweets are shown show it shows the Tweet and a link to the Tweet directly under/above it? That way if a Tweet isn't shown, the link is still shown to the source [and if it is shown people won't have reason to click the link].
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I do see that.

The tweet, or just the link?

Those links should now appear below all tweets retroactively, so even if they don't load you'll at least get an indication that you're missing out. Any objections?

The tweet, or just the link?

Those links should now appear below all tweets retroactively, so even if they don't load you'll at least get an indication that you're missing out. Any objections?
    Just the link. But that's all I need, right?

Nicely done Wraith
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Ok, so the links it displays don't actually work, but it A) lets me know that something is actually there and B) provided something which my script-blocker recognized so I can grant temporary permissions and that will get the tweet displayed. I'm content with that.

The links work for me - could you give me an example post where it doesn't work for you?

The most recent post by Aimless.
    http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...l=1#post186080

link location shows as http://twitter.com/statuses/%20839792503750602752 which directs to a "that page does not exist" on Twitter, even though the tweet displays just fine when I unblock the scripts.

The links work for me - could you give me an example post where it doesn't work for you?
    The embedded tweet and the text link do not point to the same URL

Thanks, Fuzzy. This one is because of the space Aimless left in his tag. I might see if I can add something to clean up the input before turning it into a link for when people do stuff like this, but in general the tweet links should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    The embedded tweet and the text link do not point to the same URL
    They can't. For the javascript tweet, the input gets partially resolved to determine the poster of the tweet, but for the non-javascript link I added, I need to go through the generic address and let it get resolved entirely on Twitter's side - I can't give it the same address without running some script calling Twitter's API or requiring additional inputs in order to use the tag.

Okay I'm not admitting to doing that deliberately but the other tweet links aren't working for me either, on Chrome for Android

So.....

The tweet tag placed before an /indent tag appears to break the /indent tag

Yeah....

Looking at his Twitter handle I just want to say that I have not become the new Fuhrer.

Ok, so something is going screwy for me again and I'm not sure if it's just something on my end or something related to the site or what so I'm going to post here. I know Twitter links are working for other people but they're not working for me.

What I see when someone posts a twitter link is something like the following
    http://twitter.com/statuses/1224360647850450945
    And that always leads to a "that page doesn't exist" entry on Twitter.
    It used to be that I had a script blocker that was causing some issues on my end but if I allowed scripts from twitter that stopped. But even with Twitter on the trust list that isn't working now. And I'm having this issue with both Firefox and Chrome, the two browsers I use.

Odd that link doesn't work for me either.

But when I see a Twitter embed its got normally a frame with the Tweet and underneath a hyperlink that says Twitter Link that links to the URL of the Tweet. Are you getting the Twitter Link URL and does that link work?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Odd that link doesn't work for me either.

But when I see a Twitter embed its got normally a frame with the Tweet and underneath a hyperlink that says Twitter Link that links to the URL of the Tweet. Are you getting the Twitter Link URL and does that link work?
    What I see is a hyperlink titled "Twitter Link" and the URL contained in that hyperlink is the one I pasted above (each with a unique* number. That's it. I never see the embed, there's no frame at all.

If I quote a post with a linked tweet, what shows up in the quote is
    [tweet ]1224360647850450945[/ tweet] (spaces added for display purposes)

Are you using the Atari theme or the white vbulletin theme?

I saw this before on one of my own machines. I can't remember exactly the setting, but it was a security or privacy setting that was preventing the tweets from loading. It was probably either cross-site trackers or one of the script settings. Nothing has changed from the website's end any time recently.

edit: The link below the tweet for people who don't want to lower security settings is something I can fix, though. Looks like there was a twitter redesign at some point (I don't really use it), and that changed the format of the tweet addresses. I've updated our code for the new version.
    Last edited by Wraith; 02-04-2020 at 03:56 AM.

I saw this before on one of my own machines. I can't remember exactly the setting, but it was a security or privacy setting that was preventing the tweets from loading. It was probably either cross-site trackers or one of the script settings. Nothing has changed from the website's end any time recently.

edit: The link below the tweet for people who don't want to lower security settings is something I can fix, though. Looks like there was a twitter redesign at some point (I don't really use it), and that changed the format of the tweet addresses. I've updated our code for the new version.
    That tweak worked. I don't care about the embed but it used to be that I could still use the links and do things like "temporarily allow" through my script-blockers and that wasn't working anymore. But your update means I get directed correctly again.

Let me know if it happens again. It doesn't seem like Twitter cares much about backwards compatibility given that this is the third break, so this probably won't be the last time things break either.