Page 119 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 6159

Thread: Brexit Begins

I still don't understand why many Brexiteers reject May's deal. If the border issue is so easy to solve; just accept it with the backstop and solve it.

We're out of the SM. We're out of the CM. We're out of the ECJ. We stop freedom of movement. We stop payments. That's Brexit.

We've been told the border issue can be solved easily; so stop playing the victim card, looking for excuses and step up.

They do not actually believe the border issue is easy to solve, nor are they really that bothered about the issue. As a result, they aren't too keen on being weighed down by a difficult problem that they aren't really interested in solving.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Well yes, and it means what it's always meant: the people who are to blame for this cluster fuck are those that orchestrated it.

May is the perfect scapegoat, but she's the only one really trying to make Brexit happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    They do not actually believe the border issue is easy to solve, nor are they really that bothered about the issue. As a result, they aren't too keen on being weighed down by a difficult problem that they aren't really interested in solving.
    No we do think that the border issue will be easy to solve, so long as both parties want to solve it and are willing to compromise. If one party is totally unwilling to compromise and doesn't care if it gets solved or not, it won't be.

The fact is before Varadkar took over both the UK and the Republic were progressing on smart solutions to the border. Then Varadkar arrived and scrapped all work on it. Why should we trust Varadkar when he's acted like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Eh?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No we do think that the border issue will be easy to solve, so long as both parties want to solve it and are willing to compromise.
    I see. And what "compromise" do you have in mind?

This will be good.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Eh?
    I'm making crude, sweeping generalisations that Brexiteers like your good-self feel most comfortable when you feel like the victim; when there's someone else to blame for your misfortunes; when it couldn't possibly be your fault; when life just isn't fair. Much easier than taking responsibility for your actions.

This is certainly my anecdotal perception of leavers and remainers. My conclusion is that leavers are typically of a fixed mindset, whereas remainers are of a growth mindset. Feeling like the victim is part and parcel of a fixed mindset.

I have no evidence to back this up. I'm just getting a frustrated and decided to try a minor insult, to see if I felt better.

I did, so thanks for being there when I needed you.

I don't know what May's been offering Arlene Foster in exchange for DUP support, but Northern Ireland has a space program now.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Brilliant.

The Speaker has ruled MV3 as out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I'm making crude, sweeping generalisations that Brexiteers like your good-self feel most comfortable when you feel like the victim; when there's someone else to blame for your misfortunes; when it couldn't possibly be your fault; when life just isn't fair. Much easier than taking responsibility for your actions.

This is certainly my anecdotal perception of leavers and remainers. My conclusion is that leavers are typically of a fixed mindset, whereas remainers are of a growth mindset. Feeling like the victim is part and parcel of a fixed mindset.

I have no evidence to back this up. I'm just getting a frustrated and decided to try a minor insult, to see if I felt better.

I did, so thanks for being there when I needed you.
    Except that's completely untrue and backwards. I haven't played the victim card. Not like others here blaming 'dumb racists'/'little Englanders'/the Russians/the media etc for causing their misfortunes.

I'm a sunny optimist. I voted with optimism to take responsibility for our actions. That was the whole mantra of taking back control.

The fact that you got frustrated is part of your fixed mindset

Britain really thinking big now.

Hope is the denial of reality

Yes, we know it. Brexit is ridiculous and the people talking it up are ridiculous. But if you have any workable solution not leaving half of the British people thinking they were robbed of their democratic right not containing brexit you are welcome to submit it.
    Congratulations America

This is what's become of the pro-Brexit press: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...brexit-advice/

Hosting opinion pieces? That's an opinion piece from the President of the United States son, who is executive vice president of his organisation.

Says more about USA than the British press.

He is a known imbecile. I suppose that's not a disqualifying characteristic on the pro-Brexit side.

Known imbeciles post opinion pieces on all papers. That's why they're called the opinion pages. He's a known imbecile you guys have put in a position of authority regrettably.

He has no authority. He is a dumber version of his dad, but with none of the political acumen or power. His own father thinks he's an idiot (there's a reason Kushner is the one running around doing Trump's bidding). So what do you get from him? Someone who supports Brexit. For reasons dumber than those held by most Tories. And yet he gets published. Clearly no one with a saner argument was available.

Give over. Papers host opinion pages from all sorts of people, including yes those close to the President of the United States.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    While we're on the topic of opinions in a paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-liechtenstein
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Regarding TM's speech: Is she completely unhinged?
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Appalling speech.

A sad, solitary figure desperate to try and persuade the public that she's the only one on our side. She had a fantastic opportunity to try and inspire the country; to tell us everything will be better. But instead she attacks MP and parliament, making it even more unlikely that her deal will ever pass, taking no responsibility for any of the problems we've got, and ends by falling into exactly the same mistake she did at the general election, by making it all about her: "I will do it". Not "we". "I".

Yes.

So is Corbyn. 9 days from Brexit he calls at PMQs for May to speak to opposition leaders. She arranges a cross party meeting and invites all party leaders. He comes, sees Chuka there (Tiggers unofficial leader) and walks out.

He will speak to his friends literal terrorists but won't even be in the same room as Chuka 9 days before Brexit.

Surely he could have been present, but not involved.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

So that petition is going fairly well. It's crashed the website several times this morning.

When I signed it at 7am this morning it was at 150K signatures.

It's now 12:56 and we're at 864k

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Keep it coming!

With many signatures coming from as far afield as Luxembourg, Vatican City and North Korea you might actually have a chance of reaching 17.4 million at which point it might be half worth talking about

OK, tinfoil hat time: The Russian's helped you win the leave vote. I'm happy if the rest of the world want to help stop that.

199 hours to go.

For the first time I think we might get a clean Brexit.