Page 177 of 206 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 6159

Thread: Brexit Begins

He said we are going for an Australian style arrangement, just as he said he would say.

If the EU want to beg us for a better deal why would we ever rule out listening to what they have to offer? The move has to come from them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It's also a Somalian and Afghan type arrangement i.e. sweet bugger all. It's a complete failure of statecraft and it's nothing to be happy or proud about.

I'm confident a deal will still be found though. He's just playing it down so he can make a bigger song and dance when it happens.

His bullshit is so transparent my 7 year old can see through it.

Brexitards believe any label de Pfeffel slaps on his failure of the day. You’d think that nobody would buying this Australian deal crap, given there never has been an ‘Australian deal’, not even for Australia. But here we are; a Brexitard calling no deal an Australia type arrangement like it is something.
    Congratulations America

Kinda hilarious seeing someone crow about the terms of their shooting their own dicks off being set by their enemy, but sure. Meanwhile, As brexit negotiations collapse, Number 10 releases powerful photo of HMG's elite stylist team hard at work on an #AustralianStyle hairdo:

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

As I said, if the EU come begging with a new proposal we have no reason to reject it out of hand. But otherwise don't bother coming over until you do.

It is genuinely hilarious to see the fervor with which you're trying to reframe being bitchslapped as if it's a sign of your strength. Your own govt's comment on this predictable development shows that the appropriate framing is that the EU has set the terms, and has no interest in having its time wasted—but will obviously consider any offer the next time the UK comes begging. Like Lewk, you're desperately trying to frame shooting yourself in the dick out of sheer incompetence as a glorious victory over the libs. I mean, I get why you're doing it, but, outside the comments section of third rate British tabloids, it's just transparent and sad. Have some dignity man

oh no official statement from no. 10 press office:

The fact that you still use such puerile and immature terms like shooting yourself in the dick shows why you are the one more truly like Lewkowski that anyone else.

You may think you are "owning the libs Brits" but we are with high hearts just moving on.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The fact that you still use such puerile and immature terms like shooting yourself in the dick shows why you are the one more truly like Lewkowski that anyone else.

You may think you are "owning the libs Brits" but we are with high hearts just moving on.
    Here's the thing: He tried to sound like a strong man - "The talks are over!" - but immediately walked it back by saying: "But if you have a new proposal, we're all ears!"

That's not what "over" means.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I have to translate the childish rhetoric and behavior of the English into the appropriate terminology shooting oneself in the dick is generally an adult activity.

No you are just a Eurolewk who is obsessed with Britain to an unhealthy degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Here's the thing: He tried to sound like a strong man - "The talks are over!" - but immediately walked it back by saying: "But if you have a new proposal, we're all ears!"

That's not what "over" means.
    It's not even that. The govt is desperately trying to make it look like they haven't been humiliated due to their own stupidity. They keep trying to cast their failures as signs of strength—in literally every single situation where there's a risk of looking weak. But frantically running around trying to play up your own strength while breaking international law and one's own promises in desperate bids to be taken seriously really just does not scream "strength".

I think most people have at least one friend or acquaintance like this—some immature and incompetent serial self-owner who just can't seem to be able to get their shit together, constantly trying to play up their own importance and skill even as they fuck up every venture and every relationship in a dogged quest to shoot their own dicks off in increasingly creative ways. But, the thing is, people who're watching these self-owners tend to have a functional dumbass detector. Outside the comically delusional English press, these incessant faceplants are recognized as such. Even inside England, much of the public is aware of what utter fucking incompetence these unforced errors signify; it doesn't really matter what the English say to the biggest suckers among them, in their attempts to assuage that crushing sense of shame.

No you are just a Eurolewk who is obsessed with Britain to an unhealthy degree.
    Haha you didn't tell me you were a YouTube star!

Funny how you lot have been fanatically claiming the UK will just sign on the dotted line for whatever the EU offers then when that doesn't happen you segue into claiming that not doing so is a faceplant.

You can't admit to being wrong can you?

Funny how you lot have been fanatically claiming the UK will just sign on the dotted line for whatever the EU offers then when that doesn't happen you segue into claiming that not doing so is a faceplant.
    I don't have any delusions about the UK's willingness to shoot itself in the dick; I know very well how stupid dudes can get when they're humiliated as a consequence of their own incompetence—it's practically a literary genre.

You haven't shown any way how the UK is getting "humiliated" though.

An Australian style Brexit was one of our scenarios we were happy with from the start. If that's what we end with then we are happy.

I wonder how happy the French fishermen will be. If anyone is shooting their own dick off it is surely Macron but you keep throwing your projections around.

In other news, rather than admitting they were wrong, Hazir and Khen have made Moody's downgrade the UK's credit rating once again:

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    In other news, rather than admitting they were wrong, Hazir and Khen have made Moody's downgrade the UK's credit rating once again:

I had no idea that Brexit had caused the pandemic but I would like to apologise to the world for the fact that my voting for Brexit led to a bat's coronavirus jumping species to people.

I had no idea that Brexit had caused the pandemic but I would like to apologise to the world for the fact that my voting for Brexit led to a bat's coronavirus jumping species to people.
    Please read the post you're replying to before replying.

I did. The bulk of the issue is the pandemic.

Growth will also be damaged by the scarring that is likely to be the legacy of the coronavirus pandemic, which has severely impacted the UK economy.

Second, the UK's fiscal strength has eroded [due to the pandemic]. General government debt, already high and sticky prior to the crisis, has risen further as a result of the pandemic.

Debt to GDP was going down pre pandemic. The deficit now causing debt to go up now is entirely due to the pandemic. Just because you're ignorant of the big picture doesn't mean others are as ignorant as you so maybe rather than accusing others of not reading you should read more yourself.

Growth will also be damaged by the scarring that is likely to be the legacy of the coronavirus pandemic, which has severely impacted the UK economy.

Second, the UK's fiscal strength has eroded [due to the pandemic]. General government debt, already high and sticky prior to the crisis, has risen further as a result of the pandemic.

Debt to GDP was going down pre pandemic. The deficit now causing debt to go up now is entirely due to the pandemic. Just because you're ignorant of the big picture doesn't mean others are as ignorant as you so maybe rather than accusing others of not reading you should read more yourself.
    RB, if you—a lazy and possibly barely semi-literate reader—want to accuse someone else of not reading or seeing the big picture, I recommend you not do so by showing that you haven't read more than just a few sentences and haven't thought about the big picture.

Moody's downgrading of the UK's credit rating began before the pandemic, and the downward trend has been fairly consistent ever since the referendum, over several electoral cycles. It's not the downgrading itself that's the interesting bit of news—it's the reasons they have given for the new rating. The present decision specifically highlights the UK's Brexit-related failures as well as its endemic political and institutional dysfunction as the primary causes, with the shock stemming from the pandemic being a modifier. Crucially, the Brexit-related failures and the political dysfunction are expected to exacerbate and possibly entrench the impact of the pandemic, making recovery more difficult; were it not for ongoing and worsening failures & dysfunction, the UK's ability to recover relatively swiftly from the pandemic would be less in doubt. The most damning remarks in the report concern obstacles stemming from governance issues, illustrated by—among other things—the failures wrt the negotiations with the EU. Specifically, they are concerned that the failure to meaningfully replicate the benefits of EU membership will "continue to put downward pressure on private investment and economic growth"—even if a deal were to be concluded before the end of the transition period. The pandemic is a challenge, but the reduced faith in the UK's creditworthiness does not stem from that—it stems from concerns about British politics, governance and competence.

Like an idiot, you focused on the least important aspect of the report, and pretended the other issues had not been separately accounted for as being more important. I suspect the reason is that you did not read the post before replying, let alone the report to which I linked—and quoted from. That being said, I have noticed you have an unerring ability to focus on literally the least important part of any analytical text—even ones you have purportedly read. It's almost uncanny, but mostly it just inspires fremdschämen.

You're right Moody's began downgrading the UKs rating before the pandemic. It began downgrading the UKs rating in 2012 following the shocking amount of debt that had to be borrowed following Gordon Brown's trashing the economy. Now I know you have a special hatred for all things Brexit and British lately that warps your judgement and clouds your mind but in my universe 2012 was before the Referendum. So yes there have been multiple electoral cycles and multiple referenda since 2012.

You may be locking on to the bits that suit your warped agenda but the pandemic and how it has exploded the deficit is the most important element of the story.

You're right Moody's began downgrading the UKs rating before the pandemic. It began downgrading the UKs rating in 2012 following the shocking amount of debt that had to be borrowed following Gordon Brown's trashing the economy. Now I know you have a special hatred for all things Brexit and British lately that warps your judgement and clouds your mind but in my universe 2012 was before the Referendum. So yes there have been multiple electoral cycles and multiple referenda since 2012.

You may be locking on to the bits that suit your warped agenda but the pandemic and how it has exploded the deficit is the most important element of the story.
    Please read the post you're replying to before replying, RB.

I did. Please read and learn to count. Don't mask your embarrassing failure to address the points and your inability to count by pretending other people are the problem.

I'll give you a primer to start: 2012 < 2016

I honestly don't know how you have the gall to misquote a source like that when the goddamn thing is still on the same page.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I did. Please read and learn to count. Don't mask your embarrassing failure to address the points and your inability to count by pretending other people are the problem.

I'll give you a primer to start: 2012 < 2016
    Please read posts you reply to before replying to them, in this case this part:

Moody's downgrading of the UK's credit rating began before the pandemic, and the downward trend has been fairly consistent ever since the referendum, over several electoral cycles. It's not the downgrading itself that's the interesting bit of news—it's the reasons they have given for the new rating. The present decision specifically highlights the UK's Brexit-related failures as well as its endemic political and institutional dysfunction as the primary causes, with the shock stemming from the pandemic being a modifier. Crucially, the Brexit-related failures and the political dysfunction are expected to exacerbate and possibly entrench the impact of the pandemic, making recovery more difficult; were it not for ongoing and worsening failures & dysfunction, the UK's ability to recover relatively swiftly from the pandemic would be less in doubt. The most damning remarks in the report concern obstacles stemming from governance issues, illustrated by—among other things—the failures wrt the negotiations with the EU. Specifically, they are concerned that the failure to meaningfully replicate the benefits of EU membership will "continue to put downward pressure on private investment and economic growth"—even if a deal were to be concluded before the end of the transition period. The pandemic is a challenge, but the reduced faith in the UK's creditworthiness does not stem from that—it stems from concerns about British politics, governance and competence.
    It's obvious you did not read that, or you wouldn't have raised a stupid objection that barely addresses the least important part of the post you had purportedly read before replying. Allow me to reiterate:

Like an idiot, you focused on the least important aspect of the report, and pretended the other issues had not been separately accounted for as being more important. I suspect the reason is that you did not read the post before replying, let alone the report to which I linked—and quoted from. That being said, I have noticed you have an unerring ability to focus on literally the least important part of any analytical text—even ones you have purportedly read. It's almost uncanny, but mostly it just inspires fremdschämen.
    Let me explain why you're being stupid: Moody's has actually given a thorough account of their rationale for the UK's present (downgraded) rating—just as it has done in previous reports—and that account explicitly highlights Brexit-related failures and political-institutional dysfunction as the most important reasons. You first tried to blame the pandemic, and now you're trying to blame Gordon Brown—but all your frantic scrabbling for purchase is in vain, because the report considers other factors to be more important. The spin you're trying to peddle here—like a moron—is only interesting to someone who hasn't read the report. Eg. someone who goes by the alias RandBlade right here on this very forum.

What you're showing here is a pattern of behavior characterized by laziness, sloppiness—and stupidity. Please just read things properly before responding to them. It would save me a lot of time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I honestly don't know how you have the gall to misquote a source like that when the goddamn thing is still on the same page.
    Functional illiteracy.

Nope. Just a liar.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come