Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181
Results 5,401 to 5,411 of 5411

Thread: Brexit Begins

  1. #5401
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yet under his leadership of negotiations the UK hasn't given in. Funny that.
    Are you certain?
    Congratulations America

  2. #5402
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    According to politico there's a little bit of a split showing in the EU over Brexit. Some capitals are seeing Barnier as a bit too eager to close a deal. In general the members are in favor of a deal, but only if that deal is good for the EU, and it's not certain such a deal is still possible at this time. The Council of this week may pressure the Commission into publishing the no deal plans.
    Congratulations America

  3. #5403
    As time runs out the EU's bluffs still keep getting called.

    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1123/11...brexit-latest/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  4. #5404
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    As time runs out the EU's bluffs still keep getting called.

    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/1123/11...brexit-latest/
    Except for the tiny fact that you don't have the capacity to do what you say.
    Congratulations America

  5. #5405
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    It was funny to see how holding a British passport would disqualify an actor for the role of prince William.

    More interesting was to see that Esma is quite willing to hurt London in its attempts to repatriate business to the Union.

    The UK grants equivalence to EU financial entities, where the EU only reprocicates where that's in the interest of the Union.
    Congratulations America

  6. #5406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    I guess the best way to describe this month is the last month of Brexit. Things are looking up for no deal. It's gonna be fun to see British sovereignty trying to deal with the real world.
    Congratulations America

  7. #5407
    Agreed it will be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  8. #5408
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    Seems that Barnier was told by EU members that there is no need to rush into a deal just because the transition is coming to an end.

    Appears Great Britain is not going anywhere any time soon.
    Congratulations America

  9. #5409
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    11,318
    Looks like we're in the last hours of negotiations on the basis of the political declaration that accompanied the WA. I hope it ends in a no deal conclusion.

    Wipes the slate clean so we can start talking again some time later when the British side understands we owe them nothing.
    Congratulations America

  10. #5410
    We owe you nothing either, but thankfully we hold all the cards so you're probably going to negotiate and agree a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

  11. #5411
    Senior Member Flixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    6,074
    I'm still confused how you think the UK holds all the cards. You're more dependent on the EU for trade than vice versa after all (not to say no deal wouldn't hurt us, but it'd hurt you more).

    I do expect negotiations and a deal, but compromise comes from both sides, but from your posts it seems you expect the EU to cave in on all fronts for some reason.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •