Page 32 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit Begins

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

There are two things that really stink about all this:

1. The EU's 2019 Tax Avoidance Directive. It cannot, simply cannot be a coincidence that we are leaving the EU at the same time of this directive being implemented.
    2. Russia - and their master propaganda plan to divide and break up western civilization as we currently know it.

It stinks. STINKS. Somebody get my tinfoil hat because I'm going full conspiracy on this one.

Hey, an actual ultimatum for the UK; show the money before the 29th of this month or we're not talking trade deals this year.

As for Brexit being a plan only to benefit the ultra-rich; nothing new about that. Which makes it extra sad that peeps like Randy are putting themselves over the barrel.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    There are two things that really stink about all this:

1. The EU's 2019 Tax Avoidance Directive. It cannot, simply cannot be a coincidence that we are leaving the EU at the same time of this directive being implemented.
    2. Russia - and their master propaganda plan to divide and break up western civilization as we currently know it.

It stinks. STINKS. Somebody get my tinfoil hat because I'm going full conspiracy on this one.
    I've heard mutterings that Brexit was basically a trial run for Trump, but seen no compelling evidence. If it was, they played it way more low-key than they did in the US election.

But then again, who knows what the hell goes on Facebook, etc?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    But then again, who knows what the hell goes on Facebook, etc?
    Indeed. You only have to look at the comments on a politically related BBC article to realise something fishy is going on.

It's incredibly clever. Sinister, but clever.

Indeed. You only have to look at the comments on a politically related BBC article to realise something fishy is going on.

It's also to simplistic; the breximaniac creep started long before there was a facebook, or internet for that matter.
    Congratulations America

Don't agree whatsoever. On all news sites "comments" have long been the home of the most extreme and absurd losers. Why anyone would read them is beyond me. It is clickbait for the news sites so they get more page views, no more and no less than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Hey, an actual ultimatum for the UK; show the money before the 29th of this month or we're not talking trade deals this year.
    Hardly a surprise to anyone. The timing has long been clear and this is just formally stating it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    What on earth has that got to do with this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Actually it would be illegal for us to deliver them to you.
    Bullshit. Does every country or trade bloc have their own development of these isotopes or are they exported?
    Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    He doesn't realize that there aren't that many sources of the proper isotopes.

For instance, for (99)Molybdenum (which yields (99m)Technetium, an important isotope for scintigraphy) there are only a handful of production sites in the world. Two of them in Europe, NONE of them in the UK. And these production sites are prohibitively expensive. Oh, and the reactors which irradiate the targets for the production sites? Four of them are in Europe. None in the UK. Again, those aren't bog-standard reactors.
    Proves my point nicely. Why would you not want to export them to us? Its a load of crap.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Bullshit. Does every country or trade bloc have their own development of these isotopes or are they exported?
    Proves my point nicely. Why would you not want to export them to us? Its a load of crap.
    It's not a question of not wanting to export them, it's a question of the export of it being so heavily regulated that you don't qualify as a buyer.

That means; before you could buy them you'd have to create a regulatory system. And then we'd have to establish that that system is satisfactory. So, have fun getting all that done as you crash off the cliff.
    Congratulations America

Again absolute claptrap. We will be leaving with effectively the same regulatory system as you have.

You are setting the floor and expectations so low that Brexit can only be a success by your metrics. Do you want to make a bet that on 30 March 2019 that the UK is no longer able to import these goods? It isn't going to happen!

Again absolute claptrap. We will be leaving with effectively the same regulatory system as you have.
    No. You'll be leaving EURATOM. There will also be uncertainty about future regulatory compliance.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar

You are setting the floor and expectations so low that Brexit can only be a success by your metrics. Do you want to make a bet that on 30 March 2019 that the UK is no longer able to import these goods? It isn't going to happen!
    Yes, I will make a bet to that effect. Because that is currently what you're steering towards.

By the way, I also made a bet with Loki way back that there were no WMDs in Iraq.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

No Randy, we have the regularory system. And what you will have is some national arrangement which may or may not be compliant. There is no automatic recognition in the absence of a deal.

And that is what you lot don't understand; you think we have this great repeal law so basically we're leaving from the same point. But the problem is that you are going to diverge and we can't sit on our hands while you make up your minds. We do laws, not custom. if our law says that compliance has to be established we can't just waive it and assume compliance has been established. And you want to consider entering in that stage without a deal. Hoping that after you've shafted us again, we're gonna give you all kinds of things you want just because you want it
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Yes, I will make a bet to that effect. Because that is currently what you're steering towards.

By the way, I also made a bet with Loki way back that there were no WMDs in Iraq.
    How about €50 that on 30 March 2019 the UK is able to import those goods? I win if we are able to, you win if not. I'm sure the news will report somewhere online if we're not able to.

You will eventually be able to import those because you will either make all the necessary concessions, reverse the decision to leave EURATOM, or reverse brexit.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    How about €50 that on 30 March 2019 the UK is able to import those goods? I win if we are able to, you win if not. I'm sure the news will report somewhere online if we're not able to.
    If you have an uncontrolled Brexit, Rand. THAT is what we're trying to get into your thick head - if you get a deal then that might work out fine. It also might not. And currently it's looking increasingly likely that you're headed for a trainwreck of epic proportions and getting access to medical isotopes will be the least of your problems.

It's also ironic that a Brexidiot wants to bet in Euro...
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

It's also to simplistic; the breximaniac creep started long before there was a facebook, or internet for that matter.
    Right, and so the did the populism, anti-intellectualism and cultural resentment that brought us Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States. Doesn't mean Russia wasn't also ​involved.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

More exceptions to karma urgently needed: http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news...to_government/

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    More exceptions to karma urgently needed: http://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news...to_government/
    Sane policies needed. We had farming before we had free movement and that included migrant labour.

Sane policies needed. We had farming before we had free movement and that included migrant labour.
    Given that your insanity makes it utterly unattractive even for poor EU citizens to work in agriculture in the UK that is rich coming from you.
    Congratulations America

They'll come, but not in sufficient numbers. But that's okay because Brits will be forced to do it and the demand for migrant labour will decrease to match the decrease in demand for British agricultural products (due to tariffs and other barriers). The market is wise.

Given that your insanity makes it utterly unattractive even for poor EU citizens to work in agriculture in the UK that is rich coming from you.
    Why? Are they getting lower wages? Has our minimum wage suddenly stopped being dramatically higher than the wages available in other nations?

If so, it may be time to increase wages, but I don't think that is so.

Why? Are they getting lower wages? Has our minimum wage suddenly stopped being dramatically higher than the wages available in other nations?

Bizarre argument given that the UK has seen a significant & sustained decrease in the availability of seasonal farm laborers from the EU after the referendum, just as it has seen a sharp drop in applications for NHS positions, applications for jobs in finance, tech, academia, research etc. The UK's minimum wage is just one of several important variables workers consider.

Your currency dropped and the rest of the EU is doing better than you. Why would one jump on a sinking ship where the crew also has a bad attitude.
    Congratulations America

Oh Barnier also said it now: no British planes in the EU.
    Congratulations America

*thought bubble* I wonder if there's going to be a market for 'don't blame me, I voted remain' t-shirts in the next couple of years.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

No. Helmets & body armor.

Your currency dropped and the rest of the EU is doing better than you. Why would one jump on a sinking ship where the crew also has a bad attitude.
    Our currency dropped marginally within the realm of normal fluctuations in recent years, the rest of the EU is not doing better than us and our crew has a good attitude.
    Oh Barnier also said it now: no British planes in the EU.
    He said that is his preferred and likely outcome did he? Or did he say the exact opposite?

He did not call it a desirable outcome, but he stated it as a real life effect of your no-deal fantasy. That makes it pretty darn certain it will happen if you don’t come to reason pronto.

As for your currency; there was nothing regular about the drop after the Brexit vote and with the rest of Europe offering better options than jobs significantly below your level of education in the UK which pay 10% less than before the choice not to come is easily made.

I suggest you plow up your garden and start growing your own food.

I must say I really enjoy seeing your eurosceptic bullshit blowing up right in your face.
    Congratulations America