Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    The Brits are tits again?

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

As I have said all along Parliament can do what it pleases.

The elegance of this clause here . . . there is no dissembling or disguising what it is doing, it is there in black and white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

The elegance of this clause here . . . there is no dissembling or disguising what it is doing, it is there in black and white.
    Bag of cocaine.

That's called sovereignty. Something we've always had.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    That's called sovereignty. Something we've always had.
    Indeed but until now we couldn't exercise it because we were under the jurisdiction of the ECJ. Hazir mistakenly yesterday thought we still were when he said What is fun here, is that it is under the jurisdiction of the ECJ. which is why I responded with What is fun, is that no it is not.

Because I realised as soon as Brandon Lewis said what he said what was coming, the only reason not to dissemble is because you were going to do a "notwithstanding" clause in the law. Without a notwithstanding clause the WA would take precedence and strike down this new Act. Because of the notwithstanding clause I just quoted though it doesn't . . . and the UK is now a third party outside the jurisdiction of the ECJ.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Indeed but until now we couldn't exercise it because we were under the jurisdiction of the ECJ.
    I'm sorry, you're now saying we -have always- had sovereignty but the ECJ was preventing us from exercising it?

I do try and make an effort to understand your position on this but you exaggerate, generalise and twist things so much that I just can't take you seriously. I find that your style of discourse is becoming more and more like Nigel Farage with each passing day.

It is difference between de jure and de facto.

De jure we always had sovereignty as we could leave the EU and leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

De facto we couldn't exercise our sovereignty as we were within the EU and within the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

Today is a de facto exercise of sovereignty.

It's the difference between lying and telling the truth.

Indeed but until now we couldn't exercise it because we were under the jurisdiction of the ECJ. Hazir mistakenly yesterday thought we still were when he said What is fun here, is that it is under the jurisdiction of the ECJ. which is why I responded with What is fun, is that no it is not.

Because I realised as soon as Brandon Lewis said what he said what was coming, the only reason not to dissemble is because you were going to do a "notwithstanding" clause in the law. Without a notwithstanding clause the WA would take precedence and strike down this new Act. Because of the notwithstanding clause I just quoted though it doesn't . . . and the UK is now a third party outside the jurisdiction of the ECJ.
    The governance and enforcement of the WA is, by your own agreement, largely under the jurisdiction of the CJEU. The opinions of criminals are largely irrelevant. Writing "this is not cocaine" on a bag of cocaine doesn't transform its contents—it just shows guilty intent more clearly. Your argument that your parliament is allowed—under domestic law—to breach a treaty in violation of international law is not relevant; it only serves to disgrace your parliament. Lawbreakers have no credit.

It certainly can, but it should not assume it comes without consequences. Which can include arbitration resulting in hefty fines/ tariffs in worst case, plus you'd appear to be an unreliable partner which can hamper your future deals.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

What are the rules of joining such a trade area? Will we be giving up our sovereignty?

What are the rules of joining such a trade area? Will we be giving up our sovereignty?
    Not remotely comparable to the EU, there's no TPP Parliament, it is an actual trade area unlike the EU.

That didn't answer my questions at all.

How much sovereignty do we give up? Is it an amount you're happy with?

Not much and yes.

It's nice to see that you finally recognise that sovereignty exists on a spectrum.

I appreciate it's early days but I expect you and other Brexit voters to scrutinise the CPTPP incredibly closely. It seems to be run by a commission for which the details of membership and selection are hard to find. If it doesn't comprise of people democratically elected by us, I imagine you would be very uneasy in the way it operated.

Of course it can do that, you nitwit.

Just like you can choose to go into the next store and shoplift.

Doesn't mean that everything you can you should do.

How on Earth is that a too difficult concept for you? Yes, you can do that. Is it a clever idea? No. We can see what you're doing, just like the rest of the world can see it.

Of course it can do that, you nitwit.

Just like you can choose to go into the next store and shoplift.

Doesn't mean that everything you can you should do.

How on Earth is that a too difficult concept for you? Yes, you can do that. Is it a clever idea? No. We can see what you're doing, just like the rest of the world can see it.
    I'm glad you can see it, not trying to keep it a secret. We're doing the right thing for this country.

Now we'll see how the negotiations go, whether Barnier decides to compromise or whether we get a clean Brexit in January.

It's nice to see that you finally recognise that sovereignty exists on a spectrum.

I appreciate it's early days but I expect you and other Brexit voters to scrutinise the CPTPP incredibly closely. It seems to be run by a commission for which the details of membership and selection are hard to find. If it doesn't comprise of people democratically elected by us, I imagine you would be very uneasy in the way it operated.
    Also I would think that entering into an agreement with a party that feels it's entitled to unilaterally change international treaties is not very appealing.
    Congratulations America

https://www.cer.eu/in-the-press/cptp...-one-two-three

I'm glad you can see it, not trying to keep it a secret. We're doing the right thing for this country.

Now we'll see how the negotiations go, whether Barnier decides to compromise or whether we get a clean Brexit in January.
    If you pass that law, I can tell you what the result will be: A resounding "Fuck off!" from the EU. And there will be nothing "clean" about that. Burning bridges is NOT a good thing, you island apes.

And you can forget getting any kind of trade agreement from either the EU or the US for the foreseeable future. Remember, the US were cosignatory to the GFA. They've already warned you that you can forget an agreement if you endanger that. And if you try to whaffle that it's all us. No. Fuck that noise. It's your cumrag of a prime minister who's lying through his teeth. Just that you're too dumb to see it. You've bought his lies line, hook and sinker and now you're so invested in the myths he's spinning that you've become the English equivalent of a Trumptard.

It's always the same with your ilk: You believe those lies about a bright future and as soon as the lies become apparent and undeniable even for you, you'll blame anyone but yourself. We've seen that same kind of thinking after '45 where suddenly seemingly everyone had rescued a Jew and there were no Nazis in sight.

Clean Brexit then.

Funny I thought you guys were going to be writing what we should do? I'm guessing you don't believe that still or do you?

Surely the "right thing" for us would be to adhere to international law and abide by the treaty that we were told was a "great deal" by our PM. You know, the one we were told parliament didn't need to scrutinise.

I want the best for this country too. I want Brexit to be a huge success. But the manner in which Johnson is going about things cannot fill you with any confidence. It's perfectly obvious he had no long term plan or vision. He's making it up as we go along.

Our reputation matters and Johnson is destroying it.

He needs to go now and we need a competent, credible and trustworthy Tory government leading us through this.

Clean Brexit then.

Funny I thought you guys were going to be writing what we should do? I'm guessing you don't believe that still or do you?
    If you want to be left on the wayside, with only pity for the delusions of grandeur you're espousing here: Carry on.

You'll reap what you sow.

Yes. Definitely no substitute to EU trade, and the logistics do worry me. I've begun to become more conscious about climate change and carbon footprint over the last couple of years, and ultimately just how important trading with your closest neighbours is both now and in the future.

Ultimately we should be aiming to trade less with those furthest away.

My theory is that RB knows perfectly well that Johnson is incompetent and unfit to lead our nation; but because Johnson and Brexit are so intertwined, he cannot admit the truth about him because it might in some way invalidate his position on the EU.

It's fascinating.

My theory is that RB knows perfectly well that Johnson is incompetent and unfit to lead our nation; but because Johnson and Brexit are so intertwined, he cannot admit the truth about him because it might in some way invalidate his position on the EU.

It's fascinating.
    Of course. It's the same thing which makes the Evangelicals support Trump come what may.