Page 59 of 206 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 6159

Thread: Brexit Begins

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    I'm not the one who voted for the xenophobic bitch.

In other news, your government continues to be stupid:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...aked-eu-report

Plus, they don't know what "border" means.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...anada-says-may
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Seems like you don't understand how our voting system works. I didn't vote for a xenophobic bitch either. I voted for a local Tory candidate to be an MP and he is a very nice man (not a female dog) that I've personally met. He lost. I'm represented by a Labour MP for what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Ah, you didn't know that the leader of the majority party in Parliament becomes the PM? You were totally unaware of the fact that Ms May was the designated PM for the Conservative Party? The fact that you voted for a candidate for the Conservative Party who wasn't elected doesn't mean you now can absolve yourself from the very fact that your vote was a vote in order to make Ms May the Prime Minister. Your claim that you didn't vote for her is FALSE.
    Congratulations America

And we're back to December 2017.
    Congratulations America

Blah blah storm in a teacup blah blah eleventh hour blah blah reasonable blah blah
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Brexiteers actually meant to say that taking back control really is no controls at all

source Careful, clicking the source will expose you to BBC propaganda
    Congratulations America

Not sure why Remainiacs like yourself equate in or out with inspections.

Only 3% of non-EU imports are actually inspected today at the border. There's no reason at all why a deal can't be reached to not have checks at the border.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

My biggest fear is that you lot don't bugger off. I'm Brexit's biggest fan; it's highly entertaining.
    Congratulations America

So you claim yet you last out like a scorned lover ...

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    So you claim yet you last out like a scorned lover ...
    378 days.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Not sure why Remainiacs like yourself equate in or out with inspections.

Only 3% of non-EU imports are actually inspected today at the border. There's no reason at all why a deal can't be reached to not have checks at the border.
    The WTO would like to have a word with you.

Reality is depressing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/faisalisl...87573149585409

Would be nice to have a source for the 3% number to see whether it applies to "non-EU" or to non-EEA countries. Regardless, with the UK outside the SM and CU, you'll need to inspect a greater share of imports and even a few percent more will be disruptive, especially since you don't have the infrastructure for it.

Well, there is this little matter of the EU already wanting to fine you lot for not enforcing border controls enough as we speak. That means we're not going to let whatever you plan to ship uncontrolled. But by all means, keep your borders open as you plan.
    Congratulations America

I guess he still thinks that the percentage of inspections is in any way a meaningful number. I mean, just look at his posts demonstrating his ignorance as to what the difference between an "open" and a "hard" border actually is.

JBCE doesn't realize drunk Gammon-Santa isn't giving out presents to good kids: https://www.jbce.org/get-attachment/3564/

So, the Brits have negotiated very hard and the result is that they give in on every single item. In return for that they get the right to negotiate trade deals with third countries. Interestingly enough, those third countries will not be very interested in general to talk trade with the Brits until they know if talks will lead to something at all, AND they will have the Brits over a barrel as they can deny them the rights the Brits had as EU members, but those third countries themselves will still be able to treat the UK as a part of the EU.

So, in Moggerstyle; a vassal state and a joke of a country.

Congratulations Randblade, you must be proud of what your vote has achieved so far.
    Congratulations America

You're right I'm pleased. This phase was negotiated swiftly and amicably, lessons learnt from the first phase. The fact we can negotiate trade deals with third countries is significant. Also pleased any concept of dicking around with Gibraltar etc has been dropped. Now we can move on to the real negotiations for what really matters - the future.

Nothing about Gibraltar has been dropped It's not in the agreement, but that doesn't mean it's gone away. Otherwise I will admit it's pleasant to negotiate with an opposite party that gives in on every relevant issue.

And here's my new prediction; on january 1st, 2021 you will not have a single ratified trade agreement.
    Congratulations America

Actually Gibraltar has explicitly been covered.

We will see.

It seems you have failed to notice that the agreement refers to the negotiation guidelines of april 2017, article 24. That means Spain has the final say on whether or not this agreement is applicable in Gibraltar.
    Congratulations America

And Spain seems to be saying that they don't think so.
    Congratulations America

You can't make it up; a Dutch company is going to produce the new blue passports for Brexit Britain.
    Congratulations America

The reaction to that is genuinely fascinating. For some leavers, it's a paradox they simply can't comprehend.

While for some Remainers it is too. I'm seeing lots of Remainers pointing it and laughing despite being entirely oblivious to the fact that EU rules* mean we had no choice over the matter.

Either you think the best tender should get the job in which case this is a moot story.
    Or you believe we should be protectionist and only give British firms this style of job in which case we need to leave the EU.

Neither way is this an argument for Remaining.

* In this case a rule I entirely agree with and wouldn't scrap and would be happy to see agreed in the final deal.

Hopefully it shows just how much sovereignty we actually have, and that the 'problems' (i.e. frustration people are feeling) we face as a country are not caused by the EU, but by the decisions made by our Governments.

The front page of the Daily Mail today is pure gold. I just feel sorry for its readers who must be scratching their heads trying to work this one out. Do they want free trade or do we want protectionism? No doubt it'll just come down to us being the victims again. Always the victims; moan, moan, moan.

Didn't the Daily Mail try to relocate to some other EU country for tax purposes?

That's my understanding. Thankfully for them, Brexit is happening just before the new EU Tax avoidance/evasion initiative comes into play.

Phew.

Thankfully too the Daily Mail is a stupid rag and doesn't represent 52% of the nation.

Just the 3rd highest selling newspaper in the land; behind the Sun and the free Metro.

You're right at about 1.3 million copies.

Not that all 1.3 million will agree with everything necessarily that the paper says.

Nor that 1.3 million make up 52% of our voting population.