Page 160 of 206 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 6159

Thread: Brexit Begins

Fantastic news, David Frost is going to publish a draft FTA within the week. Who said that a year wasn't long enough for negotiations?

Britain approaching these negotiations much smarter than it did during the WA negotiations under Theresa May.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

... I'm not sure whether you're being thick or deliberately obtuse. I can write you a draft FTA within ten seconds including proofreading. Our negotiations would still take far longer than that.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

So, we can already predict what will happen next week: Frost like a proud schoolboy presents his homework, and gets it rewarded with a big red F. After which we realize we never left square 1.
    Congratulations America

No, he's learnt from May's mistakes and is playing the EU at its own game. For ages the EU kept asking May's government to make decisions and she wouldn't so eventually they created their own proposals which then shaped it irreversibly.

Frost's doing the opposite now. Come out of the gates running with proposals and decisions and a draft that will be published. Once published these will form the starting block of negotiations going forwards.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Shorter RB: "Ha, that's how you wave a towel!"

If you wish to wave a towel and adopt our proposals that's fine with me. I don't think it suits anyone to go back to the awful chaos and indecision of May.

Do you... do you know the story I'm referring to with that quote

Logic tells me that the only British proposal we would sign up to is a proposal that's unacceptable to the Brits when they realize what they just ratified. Like the withdrawal agreement.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Shorter RB: "Ha, that's how you wave a towel!"
    LOL
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Logic tells me that the only British proposal we would sign up to is a proposal that's unacceptable to the Brits when they realize what they just ratified. Like the withdrawal agreement.
    The original WA was unacceptable but that's why it was never ratified. Logic dictates that we would sign up to one that is acceptable now that we have a sane and stable majority.

Aimless, no I didn't think of the reference when you wrote that. Got it now.

In a parallel universe where Cameron had won the Referendum for Remain tomorrow would have been the day for the next election after 2015 under the Fixed Term Parliament Act.

Remarkable to think how much has happened in the past five years.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politics...ts-us-or-china

Stay tuned for swiftly moving goal-posts

That's a reasonably fair article and selection of quotes from the Guardian. You can probably guess what I think on the matter.

Crunch time is coming.

We're in no particular hurry. Brexit is Brexit and no deal is better than a bad deal.
    Congratulations America

We finally agree.

God, you're easy to fool. Even if I use the exact same words as you I would never agree with you.
    Congratulations America

Oh that's been obvious for a long time. Even if I say you're own thoughts back to you, you still won't agree with me.

That trend has been rising since 2012. Is it really a big surprise? What difference would Brexit make anyway before the new immigration system kicks in?

Also, I'm fairly confident that the general public (bless them) wanted immigration (from anywhere) to fall, so I don't this'll be seen as good news.

Oh and we've always been "global Britain". Read a history book about our empire. It was pretty big.

Two massive u-turns in two days for the government. Pretty embarrassing. Johnson completely at odds with what he said yesterday, not to mention the figures he lied about. He's all over the place.

Big victory for Starmer.

Not Brexit related but couldn't find another thread, sorry!

Dont we have a "Boris's idiotic lying bastard Tory Government" thread? We should start one if not.

Yes Starmer is looking quite the calm, collected, considered, intelligent, articulate counterpart to Boris the buffoon and his bumbling bullshit.

About time the opposition had someone who wasnt a drooling Commie at the helm that the public can actually vote for to oust Boris and his Brexit cronies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Yesterday's PMQs was very interesting. Boris was clearly more prepared than the previous week and responded with more vigour and confidence.

As expected, Starmer asked good questions and poised them well. I imagine he'll be quite intimidating over time; however he faltered a little when required to think on his feet and stray away from the script. Boris should use that to his advantage. In a battle of wit and charm, Starmer doesn't stand a chance. In a battle of preparedness, intelligence and critical thinking, Boris is doomed.

Starmer is cool blue. Boris is fiery red.

Polar opposites in terms of approach.

Hopefully the public will begin to see Boris for what he really is and we can put this sorry moment in our history behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    That trend has been rising since 2012. Is it really a big surprise? What difference would Brexit make anyway before the new immigration system kicks in?

Also, I'm fairly confident that the general public (bless them) wanted immigration (from anywhere) to fall, so I don't this'll be seen as good news.

Oh and we've always been "global Britain". Read a history book about our empire. It was pretty big.
    You're wrong though. Public approval of immigration has gone up dramatically in opinion polls since the referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Oh that's been obvious for a long time. Even if I say you're own thoughts back to you, you still won't agree with me.
    Sounds interesting, what do I think? According to you.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    You're wrong though. Public approval of immigration has gone up dramatically in opinion polls since the referendum.
    Cool, that's good. Glad to see public opinion change.

Probably not a huge surprise though given the tactics of leave campaigns back in 2016. I'd still wager the 2016/Brexit public wanted immigration down significantly.
    Last edited by gogobongopop; 05-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Priti Patel makes me question whether Diane Abbott would make a better Home Secretary.

Nissan has announced the closure of its Sunderland plant as predicted by Remainers because of Brexit.

Nissan has announced the closure of its Barcelona plant and is expanding production in Sunderland.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Rand, just due to possibly morbid curiosity - are you acquainted with the saying: "Don't count your chickens before they hatch"?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

RB knew all along that a once-in-a-century pandemic was coming along that would make Nissan announce a change of plans, and factored that into his Brexit calculus.