Page 78 of 206 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 6159

Thread: Brexit Begins

Remain outspent Leave considerably so Leave will have had to got a bargain for their funding to make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I note you're not denying my point. Telling.

My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that there are spending limits based in time. Remain spent 34p per household, about £9m, before the last set of limits came into play. So far as we can tell they didn't break the law.

It matters. It should matter to you.

Brexit means Brexit. For the UK as a whole not a part of it. At last May is being sensible this Irish Backstop nonsense has to go.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

A no deal Brexit is starting to feel like the build up to WWI. It's not that people want it, but rather more that people aren't willing to compromise to prevent it.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    In the country of a convicted criminal being behind bars the rule of law is outmoded? Despite what you may believe Tommy Robinson 100% deserves to be behind bars as he is for breaking the law.
    in the country where thousands of Leavers marched in support of Tommy Robinson and against his imprisonment, yes.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Indeed. Bring it on if you guys won't negotiate in good faith. We have compromised enough from our initial position without any corresponding movement. Enough is enough.
    Compromise isn't particularly impressive when your starting point was so far removed from reality.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    A no deal Brexit is starting to feel like the build up to WWI. It's not that people want it, but rather more that people aren't willing to compromise to prevent it.
    Dude, the four freedoms are literally the basis upon which the EU has been built. Can't you understand that this is the ONE rule we won't change?

You are the guys leaving.

Seriously, this is absurd. You leave the EU because of their rules. But then you want in again, but just a bit. What the hell do you expect? That we'll change our rules for someone who is on its way out and particularly one who seems to think that the tail wags the dog?

Also: Hard border to Ireland? I think I'll postpone any travels into the UK for the next decades. The air might become a bit ... explosive. On your side of the border, mind.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-brexit-border

Bravo. There goes your deal. You can bet your ass that Ireland will now veto any proposal you bring to the table.

"Firm rules"
    "No cherry picking"

This is a pretty dumb illustration. Like, Fox-watching grandpa dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Vote Leave overspent by 10%. All of that overspend went to Aggregate IQ. Aggregate IQ and Cambridge Analytica are one of the same thing, and if you don't think that extra funding helped influence a huge proportion of people by tapping into their ignorance, their fears and reinforcing the decades of lies told about the EU by portions of the British press then, well, you're wrong.

There is more evidence to show that it did ​matter than that showing it didn't.
    You'll find that Vote Leave has been found to have broken the law. Remain has not been found guilty of equally egregious violations of the law, if at all. RB hasn't been paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post

Bravo. There goes your deal. You can bet your ass that Ireland will now veto any proposal you bring to the table.
    RB doesn't realize that the EU proposal is intended to push the UK into presenting a workable proposal that isn't completely delusional. The UK is, however, still busy fighting with itself.

Well, Randblade hasn't been able to understand the EU despite talking about it for near two decades. We should tip our hats for the achievement. Not many people manage to stay this desinformed with that much effort.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    in the country where thousands of Leavers marched in support of Tommy Robinson and against his imprisonment, yes.
    Rule of law has won over those protesting it. What are you talking about Willis?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post

Bravo May. Finally standing up for Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    I note you're not denying my point. Telling.

My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that there are spending limits based in time. Remain spent 34p per household, about £9m, before the last set of limits came into play. So far as we can tell they didn't break the law.

It matters. It should matter to you.
    I'm not talking about including the expenditure before the limits came in. Remain flouted the limits during the campaign too despite supposedly having the one campaign. It set up multiple related campaigns like what happened with Vote Leave but it's not been investigated to the same extent.

Remain's £19mn doesn't include Remain's bonus £9mn that the government spent cynically days before the limits started.

bye bye.
    Congratulations America

Adios.

I'm not talking about including the expenditure before the limits came in. Remain flouted the limits during the campaign too despite supposedly having the one campaign. It set up multiple related campaigns like what happened with Vote Leave but it's not been investigated to the same extent.

Remain's £19mn doesn't include Remain's bonus £9mn that the government spent cynically days before the limits started.
    Just to clarify what your argument is here, because it isn't very clear: you're perfectly comfortable that one side broke the law because the other side spent more in accordance with electoral law? So it all evens out in the end?

If so - you're happy for that to continue in our democracy going forward?

How would you feel if Labour got into power but were later charged with breaking spending laws; especially on demonstrably underhand lies and exaggerations praying on the fears and ignorance of a large sway of the British public?

While I entirely agree that remains entire campaign was based on "demonstrably underhand lies and exaggerations praying on the fears and ignorance of a large sway of the British public" I'm not sure how that is relevant. The British saw through and rejected your Project Fear.

I voted for us to take control full of hope for us to negotiate better deals for our future against the fears and ignorance of those predicting catastrophe and ruin if we dared be an independent nation. You may think our hopes, dreams and sunny optimism are misguided but those peddling fear were your official side (and Leave.EU I agree).

I think if Vote Leave broke a technicality while spending considerably less than their opposition who haven't been investigated then they should be punished accordingly.

Well, Rand, there will be a lot of "We told you so" from our side come March.

Just like there were a lot of 'I told you so's after the referendum.

No wait I mean after Article 50.

Keep shifting the goal posts. I call it now there will be none worthy of the name in March and not only that but after March you will be picking s new date, e.g. after the transition if there is one as when it will happen.

I hope you didn't buy a flight ticket for anything after March.

And we always told you that there would not be an immediate effect. You're lying if you now say anything else.

There will be immediate effects after a Hard Brexit, though. Stocked up on non-perishables yet?

No.

Gogo, there's no talking to Kellyanne when she's like this.

Well at least amongst years worth of Chicken Licken's here crying that our sky is falling Khen has committed to an actual date it will fall by.

This time next year he'll be claiming another date and denying he ever claimed March 2019 but that's some progress.

Maybe one day you guys can face reality and admit Brexit wasn't an unmitigated disaster afterall. It will take you a while but I don't give up hope for you.

No.
    it's what your own government advises you what to do.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    it's what your own government advises you what to do.
    Well, that's because his government doesn't know what it's doing (at least that was his argument the last few times). Said inept government, however, is suddenly magically capable from preventing the sky from falling when it comes to Brexit-related issues.

That's because they're a Schrödinger's Government: Capable and incapable at the same time.

Then again, us guys in the rest of the EU have already collapsed the wave function and are really glad that we're not the ones sinking on that ship of fools.

I can't stop laughing at this ridiculous self-own and his ridiculous tweet:

Well the whole mythology about the EU 'demanding re-runs' of referenda is well entrenched. Like all the other lies about the EU morons like Randblade were spoonfed by their jingoistic media.
    Congratulations America

I'm pretty sure whenever Labour has won a general election, a new election has indeed been held, typically after approximately 4 years.