Page 171 of 206 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,130 of 6159

Thread: Brexit Begins

That's not related to the Japan agreement.

And if the EU are operating in bad faith then it takes two to tango.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    That's not related to the Japan agreement.

And if the EU are operating in bad faith then it takes two to tango.
    I think you still don't realize what arguments can be used by which party. Your bad faith is something that deserves punishment. If we were negotiating in bad faith, that still wouldn't matter too much. In international relations nobody is equal untill having proven himself equal.
    Congratulations America

LOL you're funny.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

LOL you're funny.
    That's what we call masochism. Given that these days your proper place is on the menu.
    Congratulations America

No it not what the FT says. They're nothing like what the EU is demanding. They're marginally more strict than what the UK is offering in the negotiations but that's because its a negotiating position whereas this is an actual deal. I'm sure the UK side would be happy to compromise and end up here but if they started here then they'd be expected to compromise and end up further.

From the FT's article:

But some lawyers also stressed that the subsidy rules in the Japan bilateral deal were still weak compared with the detailed and invasive EU state aid regime.

James Webber, a partner at the law firm Shearman & Sterling, said: “It’s a concession of sorts by the UK, but if this is where the negotiations end up, it will be much closer to the UK’s view of the world than the EU’s.”
    Thanks, wasn't clear to me from the title and i didn't read the quote well enough, makes sense that a deal is indeed a bit more than your starting position.

Although i am curious what the other lawyers say, considering the way this starts.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Thanks, wasn't clear to me from the title and i didn't read the quote well enough, makes sense that a deal is indeed a bit more than your starting position.

Although i am curious what the other lawyers say, considering the way this starts.
    I think 'other lawyers have said things that make MP's who are lawyers think very carefully if they can vote for this law and save their carreers once they're back in the market to work as lawyers.
    Congratulations America

I guess the government sees a real risk of losing this tonight already. They're hinting at removing the whip from conservatives who don't vote for it.
    Congratulations America

The EU told the Brits that they'll have to comply with regulations in 6 weeks or lots of British foods will no longer be admissable in the EU+Northern Ireland. Are we actually trolling them a bit now?
    Congratulations America

To which the Brits said "ok, we already do comply with the regulations and have told you that already"

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    To which the Brits said "ok, we already do comply with the regulations and have told you that already"
    You do know that we won't take you at your word for that now, don't you?

What with your attitude towards international laws and such.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    The EU told the Brits that they'll have to comply with regulations in 6 weeks or lots of British foods will no longer be admissable in the EU+Northern Ireland.
    Do you have an article with more detailed info?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Do you have an article with more detailed info?
    I'm afraid I don't. I wrote that on the basis of an article in the Telegraph, which upon closer reading isn't enough basis. It seems like the article was written as a cover for the illegal acts of the De Pfeffel government. However the exchange of tweets between Frost and Barnier last weekend pretty much confirms the reality of the risk.
    Congratulations America

I like how Von der Leyen addressed Brexit today in her State of the Union. Unlike in previous announcements she stressed that time for a deal is running out. And she put in a firm defense of Barnier.
    Congratulations America

Absolutely time is running out. Tik tok, tik tok.

Time for you to either come up with some new concessions, or a new solution to the Irish border. I'm happy either way.

Absolutely time is running out. Tik tok, tik tok.
    This is so incredibly MAGA that I can't decide whether it's pathetic or hilarious RB you're too young to be so Boomer.

Time for you to either come up with some new concessions, or a new solution to the Irish border.
    These Leavers, such a funny bunch.

First they sign a deal, they say it's a great deal.
    Then they break that deal, because it's a bad deal.
    Then they go: come up with a new deal.

How about: no.

And you watch, when this excrement hits the airconditioner, it's all going to be the EU's fault. Because the EU made Boris break the deal remember? The EU gone and did weaponize the deal. No don't ask how they did, they did! They just did ok? Boris said so.

@Aimless, go for hilarious. Have some fun
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    And you watch, when this excrement hits the airconditioner, it's all going to be the EU's fault. Because the EU made Boris break the deal remember? The EU gone and did weaponize the deal. No don't ask how they did, they did! They just did ok? Boris said so.
    The one single silver lining there is that that asshattery will primarily be a domestic concern after the end of the negotiations and the transition period, when the EU will no longer be expected to play chess with these pigeons. But I genuinely feel for those who have had their EU-derived rights taken from them against their will by a bunch of confused, resentful Little Englanders.

This is so incredibly MAGA that I can't decide whether it's pathetic or hilarious RB you're too young to be so Boomer.
    He thinks that the ultimatum is the fake one that de Pfeffel set.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    These Leavers, such a funny bunch.

First they sign a deal, they say it's a great deal.
    Then they break that deal, because it's a bad deal.
    Then they go: come up with a new deal.

How about: no.

@Aimless, go for hilarious. Have some fun
    The blame game isn't very relevant for us any longer. Your internal politics no longer are our concern. Deal or no deal you're not going to be a rule maker.

@Aimless : I'm a bit afraid we're going to lose a lot of time over disciplining them in the years ahead.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    We call this: the Brits are back to negotiating with themselves.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    You really have to see the video to fully appreciate how Trumpian he is:

Does anyone in government have any idea what any other person in government is actually doing? The handling of the pandemic and Brexit strongly suggest that the answer is no.

Also Boris is giving off serious "Called on in class and hasn't done the reading" energy these days.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Does anyone in government have any idea what any other person in government is actually doing? The handling of the pandemic and Brexit strongly suggest that the answer is no.

Also Boris is giving off serious "Called on in class and hasn't done the reading" energy these days.
    Has it been any different since Cameron got his majority?
    Congratulations America

I mean, yeah? By comparison Cameron/Osborne ran a pretty tight ship they would generally be able to find time between cutting benefits for the poorest people in the country and decimating public services to at least make sure everyone in the cabinet was on the same page about the major issues of the day. Cameron's political style was very inspired by Tony Blair, whereas Boris is more along the lines of Billy Bunter.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I mean, yeah? By comparison Cameron/Osborne ran a pretty tight ship they would generally be able to find time between cutting benefits for the poorest people in the country and decimating public services to at least make sure everyone in the cabinet was on the same page about the major issues of the day. Cameron's political style was very inspired by Tony Blair, whereas Boris is more along the lines of Billy Bunter.
    Cameron got his majority 7 may 2015. Despite research ordered by the government showing that the vertical dision of powers was about right for the UK, Cameron started negotiations he didn’t really believe in, threatening a referendum he didn’t want. And then he had the referendum.

You may not have noticed, but from that time on we’ve been dealing with a UK at war with itself.
    Congratulations America

Nothing to do with the point I was making.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You really have to see the video to fully appreciate how Trumpian he is:

Nothing Trump-like about that, very reasoned and considered and reasonable - and I can't remember the last time that Trump was self aware enough to say "perhaps I am wrong" or anything along those lines, he does the polar opposite than that! If you care to share a video of Trump saying that I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    We call this: the Brits are back to negotiating with themselves.
    We call this: taking back control.

You haven't grasped this yet but the UK is a sovereign state now deciding its own laws. Our MPs are more important than you. Negotiations with you are subordinate to negotiations with ourselves.

We call this: taking back control.

You haven't grasped this yet but the UK is a sovereign state now deciding its own laws. Our MPs are more important than you. Negotiations with you are subordinate to negotiations with ourselves.
    You could call it a bag of cocaïne for all I care.

You haven't grasped that deal or no deal we've got you by the balls. You can make as many domestic laws as you want, it doesn't mean you're a rule maker.
    Congratulations America