Thread: Grab your popcorn

Default Grab your popcorn

http://www.sfchronicle.com/nation/ar...h-11069636.php

"Coulter has had numerous books on the New York Times best-seller list, including last year’s “In Trump We Trust” (No. 17, four spots below the counterpoint “Trump Revealed”), and her 2006 “Godless,” which spawned rival best-sellers “Soulless” and “Brainless: The Lies and Lunacy of Ann Coulter.”

All of which leaves college students wrestling with how to deal with the free flow of ideas — and their accompanying emotions — in an era of extremism.

After the collapse of the Yiannopoulos talk, for example, the Berkeley College Republicans declared that “the Free Speech Movement is dead” on campus.

“Ms. Coulter’s visit is a crucial second test of whether or not UC Berkeley really is the home of the Free Speech Movement,” said the Republican group’s Tahmas."

I wonder if the angry left riots again.

Well that didn't take long for Berkeley to go full on chicken shit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...r_breakingnews

"On Wednesday, though, the San Francisco Chronicle reported that the powers that be at Berkeley ordered that Coulter's speech be canceled, citing riots that erupted when Milo Yiannopoulos and other conservatives have visited the university.

Coulter told THR that before they canceled her, Berkeley administrators insisted that she agree to a list of demands prior to her engagement, and that she accepted their terms.

"I've acceded to all their silly demands, which they thought would end it. When I said, 'yes, yes, yes,' they canceled anyway. No more clear-cut proof that taxpayer-supported universities will not allow conservative speakers," Coulter told THR.

"We have been unable to find a safe and suitable venue for your planned April 27 event featuring Ann Coulter," Berkeley's vice chancellors told the two groups who were set to co-host the event.

"I'm giving a speech," countered Coulter. "Speech will go on.""

Will be interesting to see what Ann has in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

If that gets hit by a car it won't be able to sue the driver
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    If that gets hit by a car it won't be able to sue the driver
    This is technically correct.