Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Election 8th of June

Trump at least stands for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Trump at least stands for something.
    Yep, and tomorrow he will stand for the opposite.

Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Assuming standing doesn't use up too much of his finite energy supply.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Assuming standing doesn't use up too much of his finite energy supply.
    Golfcarts can make u-turns too.
    Congratulations America

Typical Leadsom spaz comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Wasn't she in the running to be Tory leader after Cameron?

She'd have been much better than May, though not as good as Gove.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You support someone who wants a "patriotic press"?

Gove is the worst. The man is a frickin' snake for God's sake.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

You support someone who wants a "patriotic press"?
    Over May? Yes.

I don't see anything wrong with a politician. Saying the press could be more patriotic. I DO see something wrong with a politician compelling the press to be so. As far as I know she's not talking compulsion though.

Michael Gove can fuck right off.

Seriously, he needs to consider his position: where does he serve his country better, in government, or in the sea? Going by his past 'contributions'; attempting to fuck of education with his ideologically driven nonsense reforms and helping to bring about Brext, I think 'the sea' is probably the best bet.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Over May? Yes.

I don't see anything wrong with a politician. Saying the press could be more patriotic. I DO see something wrong with a politician compelling the press to be so. As far as I know she's not talking compulsion though.
    Are you still pretending to be a liberal? Serious question. Just about everything you've said post-Brexit makes you look like a nationalist plain and simple.

It's worth making a note of what she actually meant by 'patriotic' in this case: do not question the cluster fuck we, the delusional Europhobe ideologues and bargain basement leavings of the previous Tory government, are making of the incredibly serious and important Brexit negotiations, because we're fucking idiots who think we can make the world behave as we want by wishing really hard.

By doing so, the news media is being more patriotic than she could ever hope to be.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Are you still pretending to be a liberal? Serious question. Just about everything you've said post-Brexit makes you look like a nationalist plain and simple.
    Again acting as if nationalism is a dirty word. Nationalist and liberal are not antonyms. Authoritarian and liberal are. What did I say that was authoritarian? Oh yes, nothing.

In Australia the press is far more patriotic than it is in the UK. Though I would more say that the press here is very pessimistic.

So you see nothing wrong with demanding an end to an independent press as long as no concrete measures are forced upon the press?

Who demanded that?

Is it just me or has someone discovered a magic money tree somewhere in England?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Indeed, thankfully under our voting system such outcomes are less common than could be.

Brits Seek "Frictionless" Solution to "The Muslim Problem"

Reports of "boinnnggg" and excited, heavy breathing detected in Lancashire and Texas.

The authors of the study thoroughly discredited the sensationalist interpretation. Not that it will keep the Sun from spreading fake news.

Oh God, it would be the perfect final act to he whole farce. I positively am for him as PM. Bring it on.
    Congratulations America

Yet lefties like you want to give ever more power to the always incompetent state. Funny that.

What, so, you don't want the state to regulate immigration? Interesting new position.

I want the state to have as few powers and regulate as minimally, clearly and simply as possible.

Do you think the state is incompetent over immigration but miraculously competent in other arenas? This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Do you or do you not want the state to regulate immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Do you or do you not want the state to regulate immigration?
    Let me try this one; he's in favor of free migration, but also is a staunch supporter of the present Tory government that seriously wants to kill of migration alltogether. So he doesn't want government to not regulate immigration. And now, don't be a smartypants by pointing out that that is a double negation.
    Congratulations America