Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Election 8th of June

Voters or fraudsters successfully turned away?

Considering that 99.27% of voters were able to vote I have little sympathy for anyone trying to commit fraud or too thick to vote properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Voters.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

How do you know when they didn't bring ID (including free ID) like over 99% of other people managed to?

No humility either about your prior source being out by a factor of over 1000%?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    In the US, the presidency is checked by Congress and the courts
    This turned out to be bollocks.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Several (or all) branches might also be assholes independently of one another.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Several (or all) branches might also be assholes independently of one another.
    Except they're not acting independently of each other.

The Senate branch of assholes refused to permit a non-asshole (Gorsuch) to be appointed to fill the vacancy until another asshole could take over the Presidential branch. Then asshole President and asshole Senate combined to stuff the SCOTUS to be full of like minded assholes.

Interesting to see who made Brexit possible. Hint: Russia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/w...ron-banks.html

Didn't read past the first sentence of that article which is an outright lie.

Banks' campaign Leave.EU spent £700k
    Vote Leave spent £7 million.

But Banks bankrolled the campaign to leave? No, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Didn't read past the first sentence of that article which is an outright lie.

Banks' campaign Leave.EU spent £700k
    Vote Leave spent £7 million.

But Banks bankrolled the campaign to leave? No, I don't think so.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I love you. This is what happens when you only read the first sentence.

But it's in the New York Times so it must be fake news.
    Congratulations America

No need to worry. Trump is nothing if reliable and a great supporter of trade.

It is a little worrying to see this departure from decades of US foreign policy wrt the EU. I have no doubt the politicians in question are very tempted however. They'll always put their personal gain before their country.

It looks like lying to parliament is the hottest new thing in the UK.

The cheating continues.

It can no longer be stopped.

Breaking pairs is as old as time but this is just outright dumb and terrible politics. Can I repeat my assertion that May is a dreadful PM and party leader and needs to be replaced ASAP?

Breaking pairs is as old as time but this is just outright dumb and terrible politics. Can I repeat my assertion that May is a dreadful PM and party leader and needs to be replaced ASAP?
    Stop trying to shift blame. The people responsible for this are the people who actually did it and are now lying about what they did.

The people responsible are the Chief Whip and MP concerned. Plus the Party Leader who set the policies and has the choice to fire the Whip or keep him on. Buck stops at the top though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Chief Whip thrown under the bus and lose his job over this while she keeps hers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chunkymar...27733671669761

These people are just as despicable as most of their Tory peers.

The present and future of UK conservatism:

Nah, a loon in the past who isn't even an MP and will be unemployed within 12 months.

I know you're attracted to loons and oddballs in the same way Lewk is attracted to people who invent rapes but really this is scraping the barrel.

Nah, a loon in the past who isn't even an MP and will be unemployed within 12 months.

I know you're attracted to loons and oddballs in the same way Lewk is attracted to people who invent rapes but really this is scraping the barrel.
    And MEP who gets a headline in a newspaper, it's not a random dude who writes his own blog.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    And MEP who gets a headline in a newspaper, it's not a random dude who writes his own blog.
    And an MEP who loses his seat in March next year is the "present and future of UK conservatism" how precisely?

And an MEP who loses his seat in March next year is the "present and future of UK conservatism" how precisely?
    Oh no that part I agree with you. But it's not just a random loon either.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Everyone knew who and what he was, and yet he was elected by British voters. Do you imagine those voters will magically cease to exist in a years' time? Do you imagine this rhetoric of treason will magically have been silenced by then? UKIP and its rhetoric successfully hijacked the Conservatives and their voters, not because they're exceptionally cunning but because they recognized what was happening to a large segment of the British public.

Bullshit. He was elected due to the dubious, ridiculous electoral system Europe has that is going away. Please show me any evidence at all that even a tiny minority of voters let alone everyone knew who he was.