Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Election 8th of June

First two seats have seen Labour underperform the exit poll by 7%. Fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Labour got 30.4% in 2015. They're up 9.3% in those 3 constituencies. How are they underperforming the exit poll?

My hypothesis: a lot of Labourites joined UKIP for nationalist reasons. After Brexit, most shifted to the Tories, because they were most in favor of Brexit. Then they saw May's manifesto, and most returned to the Labour fold.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The story of the NE constituencies is UKIP voters abandoning ship for the two mains and mostly going to the Tories.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Things not looking good for the Lib Dems.

Bit early for that Loki
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

They need to be doubling their vote share, not losing a fifth. Most of the seats already called weren't close either; no need for tactical voting.

Everything to play for right now, swings are all over the place.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Tories doing well in the North, but not actually winning and seem to be having trouble further south. Rumours of ministers seats being under threat.
    Last edited by Steely Glint; 06-09-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Anti second indie-ref vote, all three UK parties set to make gains in Scotland. Also SNP result from 2015 a major anomaly and not sustainable.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Tories getting hammered in London
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

SNP losing 10-15% across the board.

Everyone singing Corbyn's praises, forgetting that a more centrist Labour leader could well having been looking at an outright victory.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

So who's replacing Sturgeon? Haddock? Trout? Tuna?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    Everyone singing Corbyn's praises, forgetting that a more centrist Labour leader could well having been looking at an outright victory.
    Turnout is dramatically up. Corbyn is selling Bullshit but he's sold it well.

Tories were selling a turd sandwich and expecting you to be grateful. A terrible awful manifesto and May should go in shame.

We could have PM Corbyn in a few hours. I did say that I was worried ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

As opposed to selling vicious bullshit badly, Theresa
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Scotland might well have saved the Tories ass. On the current forecast they might be able to govern with the DUP.

Weird as fuck.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Which of the unionist parties is really pro-Tory?

Edit: UUP, who just lost a seat.

The DUP
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Tories lost 6 seats so far. That was their majority.

One could argue that Corbyn is actually brilliant. By being so obviously unfit to run the country, he lulled May into (a) calling for the elections and (b) putting out a cray-cray manifesto in the assumption that he was unelectable. So a more centrist Labour leader wouldn't even be contesting an election right now, amiright?
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

No Tory majority. Kinda expected.

My borough of Twickenham and neighbouring borough of Kingston both overturned Tories to go back to LD.

Ruth Davidson had an excellent campaign in Scotland it seems. Salmond lost his seat
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Corbyn's called on May to resign.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Is he trying to get her to stay? It's not his role to tell the Tories who should lead them.

Could be the best result all round really.

• Hung parliament
    • May resigns
    • New PM more competent than May
    • Coalition with DUP so that Tories retain power, keeping Comrade Corbyn away from fucking the country back to the dark ages
    • Soft Brexit
    • No indyref#2
    • UKIP assigned to history
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 06-09-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    One could argue that Corbyn is actually brilliant. By being so obviously unfit to run the country, he lulled May into (a) calling for the elections and (b) putting out a cray-cray manifesto in the assumption that he was unelectable. So a more centrist Labour leader wouldn't even be contesting an election right now, amiright?
    Framed as a joke, but not entirely without merit.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Eurgh. I feel like I'm completely, utterly done with the Conservatives.

Am I happy with the outcome of Brexit? Hell no.

Am I happy with the outcome of this election? Hell no.

From my POV: reckless, incompetent and complacent over the last 18 months.

Goddammit, buck up your game. You're up against Jeremy *&^%ing Corbyn.

Seems May is gonna stick it out and cuddle up with DUP for their 10 seats to get the majority

So much for the mandate.

Hail Eris!
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame