Thread: UK Election 8th of June

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I liked Cameron, I voted for Cameron three times (leadership election, two general elections). I also liked most of Cameron's cabinet including Leave leaders Michael Gove (sacked by May when she took over) and Boris Johnson, as well as Remain Chancellor George Osborne (also sacked by May when she took over).

However Cameron was a lame duck. He had already announced his intention to retire before the next General Election. Changing your vote on a constitutional matter the consequences of which will change this nation's trajectory forever based on whether you like or dislike a soon to be retired transient head of government is just plain moronic.

Besides this shows why it was more important to vote for Brexit not less. Brexit wasn't about "hating on foreigners and preventing immigrants from coming into the country", it was about taking "control". If we don't like the way the government is acting then Steely and I and anyone else can vote accordingly. Inside the EU if we didn't like the way the Commission was acting we had no control and our elections changed nothing consequential about the EU.

Steely and I, and all other Brits, now face a very stark choice at the next election like the American's faced last time: like Hillary vote for May's Tories, unpleasant but competent. Or like Trump we have Corbyn's Labour, absolutely insane. Or like Stein/Johnson we can abdicate all responsibility because "they're both bad" and go for a meaningless third party and pass on the decision making to everyone else because its clearly safe to virtue signal like this because the insane choice won't win surely (!)

Not the ideal set of choices but we have a choice at least and next time the choice may be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I liked Cameron, I voted for Cameron three times (leadership election, two general elections). I also liked most of Cameron's cabinet including Leave leaders Michael Gove (sacked by May when she took over) and Boris Johnson, as well as Remain Chancellor George Osborne (also sacked by May when she took over).

However Cameron was a lame duck. He had already announced his intention to retire before the next General Election. Changing your vote on a constitutional matter the consequences of which will change this nation's trajectory forever based on whether you like or dislike a soon to be retired transient head of government is just plain moronic.

Besides this shows why it was more important to vote for Brexit not less. Brexit wasn't about "hating on foreigners and preventing immigrants from coming into the country", it was about taking "control". If we don't like the way the government is acting then Steely and I and anyone else can vote accordingly. Inside the EU if we didn't like the way the Commission was acting we had no control and our elections changed nothing consequential about the EU.

Steely and I, and all other Brits, now face a very stark choice at the next election like the American's faced last time: like Hillary vote for May's Tories, unpleasant but competent. Or like Trump we have Corbyn's Labour, absolutely insane. Or like Stein/Johnson we can abdicate all responsibility because "they're both bad" and go for a meaningless third party and pass on the decision making to everyone else because its clearly safe to virtue signal like this because the insane choice won't win surely (!)

Not the ideal set of choices but we have a choice at least and next time the choice may be different.
    Laughing out Loud. Seriously dude. Just admit you made monumental mistake. And no, I am not taking any responsibility for pointing out the obvious to you all those years..
    Congratulations America