Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Election 8th of June

Labour MP and solicitor charged with two counts of perverting the course of justice.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...tice-1-8579707

But yeah, why do Tory non-MPs put their foot in their mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Bullshit. He was elected due to the dubious, ridiculous electoral system Europe has that is going away. Please show me any evidence at all that even a tiny minority of voters let alone everyone knew who he was.
    So let me get this straight, even after his dalliance with the UKIP, conservative voters and the Conservatives did not know who he was? Even after the things he has said, they still don't know who he is and so continues to let him represent the Conservatives? And that sustained ignorance is somehow the EU's fault? Gimme a fucking break. I see you've gone all in on the Brexiter motto "Everything is Always Everyone Else's Fault".
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

No I'd estimate over 95% of Conservative voters had never heard of him. They would have voted based simply on the party name and then the closed list comes into effect - and furthermore since his election was in 2014 where the Tories came behind UKIP in the European Parliamentary Elections then it wasn't due to Kippers voting Tory for him to get elected.

The party hierarchy on the other hand who allowed him to be on our list is a different matter, but the party is a broad church. The voting system is the EU's fault absolutely. I'll be glad to see the back of closed list PR, the worst of all voting systems ever created.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Labour MP and solicitor charged with two counts of perverting the course of justice.

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...tice-1-8579707

But yeah, why do Tory non-MPs put their foot in their mouth.
    She was utterly useless as a county councillor. I was amazed she was selected for the seat, let alone actually got elected.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

To be honest I'd never heard of her before yesterday.

To be honest I'd never heard of her before yesterday.
    I'm shocked and saddened that you don't take more interest in Cambridgeshire politics.
    Last edited by Unheard Of; 07-27-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

They tried to take credit for the end of credit card charges as well.

Wait, the EU is behind the Plastic Bag Crisis? Can I go back and change my vote?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Why are you lying Aimless?

England bag charges: Announced 2013, in force 2015
    EU Directive: Passed 2015 to be in force by end of 2018.

As your looking back article mentions in a throwaway line at the end we already had our plastic bag charges coming into effect prior to the Directive.

Anyone who claims that the 2013 announcement on plastic bags is thanks to the 2015 EU Directive needs to learn how to count. Of maybe they're just so fucking lame.

If anyone deserved credit it isn't the EU it is the Lib Dems. But the Lib Dems seem to have abdicated responsibility for any of the Coalition years allowing the Tories to claim it as their own.

https://deframedia.blog.gov.uk/2018/...ge-correction/

What are the odds of Verhofstadt, Aimless and the FBPE morons on Twitter acknowledging they were wrong let alone apologising for it after labelling others falsely as dishonest etc? I'm not holding my breath.

Why are you lying Aimless?

England bag charges: Announced 2013, in force 2015
    EU Directive: Passed 2015 to be in force by end of 2018.

As your looking back article mentions in a throwaway line at the end we already had our plastic bag charges coming into effect prior to the Directive.

Anyone who claims that the 2013 announcement on plastic bags is thanks to the 2015 EU Directive needs to learn how to count. Of maybe they're just so fucking lame.

If anyone deserved credit it isn't the EU it is the Lib Dems. But the Lib Dems seem to have abdicated responsibility for any of the Coalition years allowing the Tories to claim it as their own.
    The Tory proposal included massive exemptions, eg. limiting the requirement to sellers with at least 250 full-time employees, an exemption that was removed in order to comply with the EU directive. It was also preceded by similar legislation in Wales, NI and Scotland. Labour was in power in Wales, at the time and both the English proposal as well as those preceding it were made under Labour's Climate Change Act 2008, which was fiercely opposed by Tories. So no, you don't get much credit for this.

Being a jackass is a prerequisite for that post these days. Hunt was singularly well-qualified after his incompetent run as health secretary.

A slip of the tongue is hardly being a jackass. I accidentally referred to my daughter using our puppy's name the other day. Just a silly mix up I immediately corrected. My wife laughed at me for it but no cameras and would soon be forgotten.

Best friend called me her hubby's pet name, in front of my wife. I've run through all 3 names of my girls before I got the right one, and I've called the baby the dog's name and the dog the baby's name.

And thats just in the past 7 days.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 07-30-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

LOL I can definitely relate! Not sure which is worse but possibly the pet name.

A slip of the tongue is hardly being a jackass. I accidentally referred to my daughter using our puppy's name the other day. Just a silly mix up I immediately corrected. My wife laughed at me for it but no cameras and would soon be forgotten.
    Yes, but Hunt is a jackass.

Meanwhile, these shady fuckers are still at it:

Absolutely nothing shady about it! You're betraying your ignorance and bias once again there. British seats are not gerrymandered like Stateside and are drawn up by an independent Boundary Commission. The reason that Labour gets less seats is due to their wipeout in Scotland (almost all SNP seats are ex-Labour) dividing the parties on the left.

Using those results Parliament is about as evenly divided as imaginable:
    Right wing parties (Tory): 285
    Left wing parties (Labour, SNP, Plaid Cymru, Green): 284
    Centre Parties (Lib Dems): 18
    Northern Ireland: 17

Of course its based on Labour and Tories being on same share of the vote so you can't just add on the SNP etc without adding on their share too, that roughly equates to 5%. But then on the right you have roughly 5% going to UKIP without gaining a single seat. For the independent boundary commission to have come back with boundaries that on the same share of the vote for left and right leave the left on 284 and right on 285 is an incredibly well done job. It's the Scottish voters on the left who've chosen to go to the SNP instead of Labour that leaves Labour behind, but since the SNP have said they will never work with the Tories that doesn't change Parliamentary arithmetic. The SNP are in the Labour column when it comes to who becomes PM.

Agreed. Those MEPs who backed Orban should lose their jobs, they shouldn't stand for the party at the next MEP elections

Though considering the sanction ultimately requires unanimity, stripping the Hungarians of their right to shape European laws seems inevitably doomed to failure anyway. Better for us to ensure we aren't in a political union with Orban instead.

It was about sending a message and the message conservative MEPs wanted to send was a wink and a thumbs up to Orban.

Not a good message. Get rid of the MEPs.

Technological solutions being demonstrated at Tory conference:

https://news.sky.com/story/senior-to...-flaw-11512323

Pretty bad.

Idiots. May's last Conference is beginning as smoothly as her last one ended.

May didn't create this app. You can joke all you like, but this is a fairly serious breach that exposed not only politicians but also journalists and, indeed, almost all other attendees.

Yes it was a joke. Agreed its a terrible breach, someone has fucked up royally and while it will be the developer most likely it's going to overshadow the first day of Conference completely and potentially the rest of it. Morons, why didn't they do any form of QA testing?

Encourage all Brits to have a look at these two threads:

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterjuke...51402442149888

https://mobile.twitter.com/PrivacyMa...72602844966912

Steely in particular

Never download the app.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Yes it was a joke. Agreed its a terrible breach, someone has fucked up royally and while it will be the developer most likely it's going to overshadow the first day of Conference completely and potentially the rest of it. Morons, why didn't they do any form of QA testing?
    And you want to trust these jokers to successfully write the requirements for a technological border solution?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?