Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Election 8th of June

So he likes boobs, does that counteract the fact that he's an expert in his field, who has for years been leading an education charity and has personally been involved with setting up four schools and driving up education standards? All that doesn't count for anything because he occassionally writes about boobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

He's not an expert in "his" field or any other field, unless you consider being a tosser a field of expertise.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10517380.html
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That book was 30 years ago. In recent years he has set up 4 different free schools in deprived areas dramatically improving the opportunities of deprived students.

So you have boobs and a quote from 30 years ago. Anything else?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Well he's deleted nearly 50,000 of his tweets today so it's all sorted

Strange times we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    setting up and improving schools.
    he's an expert in his field
    [...]
    driving up education standards
    dramatically improving the opportunities of deprived students.
    I don't know this guy, or pretty much anything concerning opportunities or educational standards on your island, but do you have any actual research concerning this? Simply opening a school doesn't drive up educational standards. It might not even improve opportunities for those you think are being deprived. Especially if he is so personally involved and sees half the human race as objects rather than <insert professional field>.

EDIT:
    The first school is still so young that its original enrollees haven't yet graduated. Its also accused of not representing its community.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-03-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    Well he's deleted nearly 50,000 of his tweets today so it's all sorted

Strange times we live in.
    Considering people who don't like his politics are trawling through them looking to see if he ever used the word boobs or something like that it's probably the right thing to do.

Yeah, what a blow; he won't be able to boast to the world about about having his dick up her arse anymore.

Poor him.

Looking back it seems the UK Election 8th of June may have been a mistake.

[/understatement]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...gainst-nazism/

Once again, the UK demonstrates that it is a country wholly lacking in class, decency and self-awareness. Of all western countries, Germany probably has THE most clear-sighted view of its past. The UK, in contrast, is everyone's drunk uncle.

Agreed entirely.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Once again, the UK demonstrates that it is a country wholly lacking in class, decency and self-awareness. Of all western countries, Germany probably has THE most clear-sighted view of its past. The UK, in contrast, is everyone's drunk uncle.
    That article's behing a paywall. Germany has such a clear-sighted view of its past that it censors games like Hearts Of Iron, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty etc because what's really needed to move on is to whitewash that portion of history and never reference it again.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    That article's behing a paywall. Germany has such a clear-sighted view of its past that it censors games like Hearts Of Iron, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty etc because what's really needed to move on is to whitewash that portion of history and never reference it again.
    Jesus Christ, Dude, that's so wrong and full of lies that it makes you look even stupider than before.

And this just two days after our own parliament held its annual remembrance day of the holocaust.

Idiot.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I'm confused - are we conflating Leo McKinstry with the whole of the UK? If so, is there a compelling reason to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Jesus Christ, Dude, that's so wrong and full of lies that it makes you look even stupider than before.

And this just two days after our own parliament held its annual remembrance day of the holocaust.

Idiot.
    Hearts of Iron, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty etc don't get censored in Germany?

I'm guessing this is what you must call "fake news": https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/29/1...-germany-video

Idiot.

Hearts of Iron, Wolfenstein, Call of Duty etc don't get censored in Germany?

I'm guessing this is what you must call "fake news": https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/29/1...-germany-video

Idiot.
    I don't dispute that those games got censored. I dispute your idiotic conclusions.

It's also based on a law you guys passed, by the way.

Great we passed a law. How long ago? You've been responsible for that law for how long now?

And its your choice to maintain the moronic interpretation of the law that you have. As far as I know Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with all its Nazi references can be shown uncensored yet Wolfenstein can't. I don't think when we wrote the law that we were thinking about video games now where we? And they should surely be treated the same as other art forms like films.

I believe you'll find, once you manage to get your head out of your ass, that Germany can't be accused of whitewashing the part of its history that includes WW2, and certainly not accused of never referencing it again. Germany takes its past seriously and therefore doesn't allow Nazi tropes to be commodified and their significance diluted by video-game producers who need a cheap prop to stand in for "bad guy". It is precisely because Germany has a clear-sighted view of its past that it goes to such great lengths to ensure that people don't learn of that past from video games. Khen's assessment that your post was full of lies is fairly accurate--of three significant statements, two were lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I'm confused - are we conflating Leo McKinstry with the whole of the UK? If so, is there a compelling reason to do so?
    I believe the views expressed in that article--and especially in the headline--are representative of a large segment of the British public. While all Brits aren't clueless assholes with no class, it's possible that the British public--in the aggregate--is. Those who are very classy and very decent are neutralized by those who are the exact opposite.

Great we passed a law. How long ago? You've been responsible for that law for how long now?

And its your choice to maintain the moronic interpretation of the law that you have. As far as I know Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade with all its Nazi references can be shown uncensored yet Wolfenstein can't. I don't think when we wrote the law that we were thinking about video games now where we? And they should surely be treated the same as other art forms like films.
    Maybe you should read up about the law in question why there's a difference and only then try to talk about it. Because currently you're only displaying your ignorance. You probably got all your info about it from the DailyFail or something.

And maybe also think about for at least a nanosecond why this law isn't something we will, nay, can change on a whim.

I believe the views expressed in that article--and especially in the headline--are representative of a large segment of the British public. While all Brits aren't clueless assholes with no class, it's possible that the British public--in the aggregate--is. Those who are very classy and very decent are neutralized by those who are the exact opposite.
    I trust your tongue is firmly in your cheek.

Sadly I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I trust your tongue is firmly in your cheek.
    My tongue is in a wide variety of positions over the course of a day, but, in the aggregate it's somewhere near the middle of my mouth. I have no doubt, however, that the article-writer's attitudes are representative of a large segment of the British public.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/...ory-id-trials/

4k would-be voters turned away. Sad and disgraceful.

I call bullshit.

I call bullshit.
    Good to know.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Remember this guy?

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/05/...s-a-sex-robot/

Model citizen.

Requires a subscription to read the article.

Requires a subscription to read the article.
    Google cache copy

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/...ory-id-trials/

4k would-be voters turned away. Sad and disgraceful.
    I call bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    Good to know.
    It was bullshit. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44197338

340 would be voters turned away. Sad and disgraceful.