Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: French election

The analyses are sprouting like mushrooms all over the internet:

https://www.ft.com/content/62d782d6-...5-23ef563ecf9a
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I doubt it.

I've not seen any evidence of shady interference by the Kremlin or Canada but if there was any then that would most likely be a diplomatic issue rather than a legal one I would imagine.
    How convenient.
    Congratulations America

How do you expect our courts to police the Kremlin? That would always be a diplomatic matter.

If you have any evidence of Kremlin involvement in British democracy then please feel free to share rather than just making silly insinuations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    None of that answers my questions.

But just for the heck of it ; do these people also take into account funds spent outside your borders? Because I do know for a fact that your PM is awfully worried about interference from the EU, but I don't get the idea she's very worried about Kremlin interference or the role of shady companies in Canada.
    It will be swept under the rug just like the question of Cambridge Analytica's undeclared assistance:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...rexit-campaign

May has a great teacher in Trump
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I never said spending = popularity, I said that Vote Leave was the leave leadership and by all reasonable metrics it was. It was legally, it was by expenditure, it was by airtime. I can not think of a single reasonable metric where it wasn't - and no a social media echo chamber is not a reasonable metric.
    Yes, and I never said that social media presence translates directed into votes, but it is a reasonable metric to use to determine how much of a voice some group has.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I'm pretty sure all the major players in the referendum (Vote Leave, Britain Sronger in Europe and Leave.EU) are being investigated for how they spent money during the campaign?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Standard fare nowadays, trivial complaints and nitpickings over anything by an opponent - or by a journalist seeking to score points. Being investigated and being guilty are two very different things.

I think if someone was out by a magnitude of 2400% (which Leave.EU would have to be close to Vote Leave even without taking into account the vastly greater media exposure) then I think it would be major news.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    She was polling at 38%. She currently has 38.7%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio...election,_2017
    33.9% in the final tally though. 4% shift is not insignificant is it? Though not 10% as suggested.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Indeed 4% is out of the so-called margin of error. Once again polls show themselves to be wrong. Opinion polling is one part statistics, one part analysis and one part astrology.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    33.9% in the final tally though. 4% shift is not insignificant is it? Though not 10% as suggested.
    Also : with a low voter turnout.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    A mistake that I'm sure will be dissected at length. Though I wonder if this was an anti-Le Pen/Russia backlash after the last-second release of hacked material.
    Hope is the denial of reality