Thread: Ban Cain

Default Ban Cain

Yup, I went there. Does a community have any standards of decency? If so, tolerating abhorrent behavior is complicity. No condemnation for ugliness, brutality or cruelty is a form of tacit approval. You either own up to your beliefs through your actions, or you cower and pretend it didn't happen.

If no standards of decency, then OK, that's what it is. But you can't have it both ways. You are one or the other. Y'all have made excuses for Cain's behavior for years, in CC. In fact, his excesses and the failure of Dread and Rand to do anything about it is a large part of CC's reputation, and probably a large part of CC's fate. Here, you set a standard of decency, one which is applied equally to all members, or not at all.

Is there such a standard? What is it? What goes beyond it? Dread lectured Silverlink the second he showed up. OK. But really Cain is the only one who has ever matched Silver's viciousness. Show me a single thing that Silver ever posted that was more evil than what Cain posted to me. They are both rabid dogs, and neither has a role here.

Either you stand for something, or you don't. If not, then anything goes. But let's recognize it as such, OK? No hypocritical sanctimony. Does TWF have standards of behavior, or not? Decide. Now.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Decide. Now.
    Now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I don't have a problem with either of you, but the whole feud thing is a bit old, and it pops up in like every other thread.
    He baits, you take the bait, repeat. ad nauseum.

Couldn't you two tell each other to fuck off one last time and just ignore each other's existence?
    All this anger over some random internet chatter seems...silly.

What exactly has he done other than insulting your royal majesty?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    What exactly has he done other than insulting your royal majesty?
    You know Loki, fuck you. This:
    "Oh, you weren't around for that? Apparently our dear ][ear was drafted to fight in Nicaragua. Well, so he claimed, anyway. I guess "believe what I say about the military because I was a Contra" was more convincing than "believe what I say about the military because I'm a cum-guzzling coward whose closest experience to combat was getting renal failure from an untreated STD I picked up being gay-for-pay near the local military base."

is not an insult. It's mockery of a horrific experience I had. To boot, it's grotesque and disgusting homophobia. Just like Silverlink did. I know you have an ax to grind, but I'd keep quiet and not endorse this kind of stuff.

You drown out any merit your argument had over your disease by the ludicrous claim about homophobia. Hint: claiming to be gay for comedic effect is not homophobic.
    Hope is the denial of reality

We'll ban Cain, and right after that we'll ban you, Tear.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Hey, that would be fine, if you could point to a bannable offense. At least it would show that somebody here had a spine.

At this point, there are no bannable offenses since we haven't managed to codify any rules yet. So, sadly, we're stuck with the both of you cluttering the forum with your useless shit until either one or the other grows up or gets bored.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

This is disruptive and pointless.

edit: I vote for a "ban for stupid."
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Really? I vote for a ban for "cum-guzzling coward whose closest experience to combat was getting renal failure from an untreated STD I picked up being gay-for-pay near the local military base."

Show me something I've done that is within orders of magnitude of that. I'm sickened that you'll tolerate anything as long as it ain't directed at you.

Really? I vote for a ban for "cum-guzzling coward whose closest experience to combat was getting renal failure from an untreated STD I picked up being gay-for-pay near the local military base."

Show me something I've done that is within orders of magnitude of that. I'm sickened that you'll tolerate anything as long as it ain't directed at you.
    Are you sickened enough that you'll shut up? If not, how much more sickened do you have to be for that to happen, and how can we help you get there?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Such callousness isn't very Christian, Fuzzy.

" I'm a cum-guzzling coward whose closest experience to combat was getting renal failure from an untreated STD I picked up being gay-for-pay near the local military base."

You comfortable with that? If so, you just plummeted in my esteem. Hey, I know you don't give a shit. But look in the mirror and say to yourself, "yeah, that's fine. That kind of evil filth went down on my forum, and I didn't say a fucking peep."

Go ahead, Fuzzy.

Such callousness isn't very Christian, Fuzzy.
    The only thing that's a big part of my faith is my faith. Old philosopher's ethical opinions, based on how they wanted the world to be, or what selective quotations they thought would make them appear glorified doesn't really figure into it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I thought this was a poll.... now I can't vote yes.

And protip, ][ear: stop picking fights if you're gonna have a stroke every time I get a good shot off at ya. I mean, fuck, I love it (so don't stop on my account)... but public opinion seems to be firmly against us continuing this back-and-forth I find so delightful. Plus, it can't exactly be healthy to ramp up your blood pressure, for a man in your condition.

is not an insult. It's mockery of a horrific experience I had.
    Get over yourself, you sad little boy. After mocking my drinking and smoking and whoring, which is clearly not related to any horrific experiences I may or may not have been through... you have the gall to get all pissy that I responded in kind? Or is it different because I don't use my pain as a crutch for sympathy and attention?

"Look at me! Pity me! I'm unique because I had something bad happen to me!"

Stop being such a hypocritical baby. If you don't want me mocking you, stop making digs at me - and behind my back, at that.

Or keep doing it and run crying to teacher that you bit off more than you can chew. Both options have their charms, I guess.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

I remember your last exodus from the community. You got your panties in a bunch because nobody agreed with you that GGT deserved WL points for hitting one of your exposed nerves during a back-and-forth similar to this. You made a long-winded speech about how the enjoyment was gone and you didn't see any reason to post anymore. What changed your mind?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I remember your last exodus from the community. You got your panties in a bunch because nobody agreed with you that GGT deserved WL points for hitting one of your exposed nerves during a back-and-forth similar to this. You made a long-winded speech about how the enjoyment was gone and you didn't see any reason to post anymore. What changed your mind?
    He's pretty plainly trying to get himself banned, to keep him from coming back. I'm getting tired enough of his venting and taking out his frustrations with his illness on us that I may support that desire.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    He's pretty plainly trying to get himself banned, to keep him from coming back. I'm getting tired enough of his venting and taking out his frustrations with his illness on us that I may support that desire.
    I was speaking of Cain's last exodus. GGT said something about Cain's mom and his request was denied for WL points...remember?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    And protip, ][ear: stop picking fights if you're gonna have a stroke every time I get a good shot off at ya. I mean, fuck, I love it (so don't stop on my account)... but public opinion seems to be firmly against us continuing this back-and-forth I find so delightful. Plus, it can't exactly be healthy to ramp up your blood pressure, for a man in your condition.
    My libertarian cartoon was picking a fight? It was in a libertarian thread!
    Get over yourself, you sad little boy. After mocking my drinking and smoking and whoring,
    1) If I mocked these, it wasn't really intentional. I was noting that you are a man who makes MANY excessive claims about himself, these just some among them. Me, I don't judge those particular behaviors unless they harm others. For example, drunk driving is the only frequent behavior of yours I'd judge, and I've strongly attacked Munchie, somebody I like, on the same topic. But if you're going to toss insults about lying, don't expect your own unsubstantiated whoppers to go unchallenged. And don't claim I started that crap--don't you dare try to reverse cause and effect.

2) All in response to your abomination of a post about my kidney disease. I've never asked for a pity party from you on this, but there are standards of societal decency very liberally set at "don't be a Westboro-level asshole."

which is clearly not related to any horrific experiences I may or may not have been through...
    1) What clearly? I've never seen a reference to your horrific experiences. Expecting clairvoyance from the rest of us?

2) Have you ever connected your life philosophy to horrific experiences? No. So don't ask not to be challenged on said tall tales for some "pity the vet" reason. If that's an issue, then man up an own it.
    you have the gall to get all pissy that I responded in kind?
    Wait, you respnded to no such insults fronm me because they weren't there. You responded to that libertarian cartoon. Don't try to lie your way out of this. "horrific experiences I may or may not have been through" my ass.
    Or is it different because I don't use my pain as a crutch for sympathy and attention?
    Again, expecting clairvoyance? If you have a problem, that's fine. Own it. But don't expect people to try to infer such, don't expect people to guess that your are sublimating some sort of pain (hell, you don't have the stones to even say whether you have such? Nice. Manly.) and definitely don't expect me not to respond 1/100th in kind when you started the ugliness.

"Look at me! Pity me! I'm unique because I had something bad happen to me!"
    Fuck you. I faced my horrible experience and am dealing with it up front, even though I keep getting knocked back down. Here you're insinuating (but not quite) that maybe you even have some pain. But that would be a sign of weakness, wouldn't it? Gotta be a tough guy. In the meantime, you act like your behavior is part of your life philosophy. Look, either it is or it isn't. Don't play this coy BS game of "oh, I'm a poor wounded soldier" only here for the first time when the chips are down. And you damned well can't hold me responsible for injuring your feelings when you don't even hint to to people that they exist.

I have no illusions that my experiences are unique. It ain't. Fact is, I've commented on how many people suffer some hard shit without much complaint. But just because they aren't unique doesn't mean they aren't damned real. You mock them with your abomination of a post, and you'll get back just what you deserve. But fact is I just questioned the whole fabric of your backstory here, because you challenged mine in the ugliest way possible. I at least have verification of my story, that is if you trust Munchie and Dread not to lie for me for some odd reason. Why should we believe yours? What makes you so trustworthy?

Stop being such a hypocritical baby. If you don't want me mocking you, stop making digs at me - and behind my back, at that.
    Any dig has been right up front in a thread. None were in any way excessive or ugly.

Or keep doing it and run crying to teacher that you bit off more than you can chew. Both options have their charms, I guess.
    I'm saying that your post reveals you to be an ugly human being. No decent person would post that. It requires sickness and cruelty. I'm running to teacher" not looking for protection, but for standards of conduct. If you are allowed to run amok, you will fatally harm and stunt this community, much like you did CC. People might not like my combativeness or wrangling. But at least I keep it without bounds. You know no bounds, and will go to pathological extremes that are deeply disturbing. IF TWF doesn't sanction those extremes, then the community is FUBARed.

I remember your last exodus from the community. You got your panties in a bunch because nobody agreed with you that GGT deserved WL points for hitting one of your exposed nerves during a back-and-forth similar to this.
    Um, it had nothing to do with GGT. Loki. And it had nothing to do with WLPs. I was just calling Loki a flaming asshole for calling me a rapist and racist. He could back up neither of those statements. It was then pointed out that I had called him a racist at one point. And I noted comments that supported that statement.

You made a long-winded speech about how the enjoyment was gone and you didn't see any reason to post anymore. What changed your mind?
    I had the flu last week, was bored beyond reason, so came back to entertain myself. Frankly, a combination of Cain's extremes, orders of magnitude beyond anything I've received from him before, plus thus apathy of the community about it, makes me think I was right. CC is a bunch of people trying to score clever points on each other. There's no decency, there are no standards. Just look at Loki diving in, lying about what transpired before, and trying to score more points, making himself look better. It's revolting.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    You know, fuck you. I was just trying to join some debates while I was out of work last week. I've done nothing ban worthy. But I am righteously angry. And you, pathetic enabler that you are, avoid the issue entirely.

I remember your last exodus from the community. You got your panties in a bunch because nobody agreed with you that GGT deserved WL points for hitting one of your exposed nerves during a back-and-forth similar to this. You made a long-winded speech about how the enjoyment was gone and you didn't see any reason to post anymore.
    Uh, no.

I got pissed off over a bunch of shit... and it had been going on for months before the GGT thing... including Widows getting WL he didn't deserve <shudder>, but suffice to say that a lot of it was centered around the whole Atari WL system in general, because of the realities of corporate ownership, blah, blah, and some miscellaneous drama-y shit no one cares about. Shockingly, a fair bit of the drama had to do with Captain Contra, not GGT or Widows.

So I decided to leave, and had acquired such a love of Atari that I set up a script to delete all my posts. (In batches of 25, because of the shitty way the search feature worked on that forum.) And then one day, I fired it up and clicked the wrong thing, and it started deleting the most recent posts instead of the oldest... and then a bunch of people started noticing that half my posts were gone, and I hadn't posted in a few days.... and Dread or Rand demanded an explanation or they were gonna ban my account. So I gave a brief explanation... and I gather they had to ban me when I said I was going to continue torching my old content. <shrug>

Nothing long winded or "goodbye all, drama, blah" about it... more of a plea to let me keep deleting my remaining few thousand posts or so.

What changed your mind?
    I really don't know. And I kind of hate routine and planning, so I doubt I'll put in the effort required to find out. I could tell you the short, boring story of how I came back... but I don't suppose it has anything to do with why, so... well, like I said, I don't have a clue.

My libertarian cartoon was picking a fight? It was in a libertarian thread!
    Before that, you twit. Maybe a few personal attacks behind my back about my drinking and smoking and whoring?

And frankly, the whole questioning my integrity thing... from an admitted liar... is never gonna stop pushing my buttons. And I know you're not dumb enough to have trouble understanding why, so... well, as has been said, if you don't want me to lash out at you, don't push my fucking buttons, duh.

Just look at Loki diving in, lying about what transpired before, and trying to score more points, making himself look better. It's revolting.
    I love it when you accuse other people of lying. Never stop. It makes my week!
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Cain, I enjoy you when you are actually posting something other than the cockfights. A lot. This shit is boring to me.

But I haven't seen anything recently that I care enough about to post and discuss (since that would almost certainly lead to a differing of opinion with you). I'm not entirely sure where my apathy is coming from (okay, I actually am, but I'm not about to make it into a public discussion), but, regardless, I'd really like to see the little pms contests replaced with something more interesting. Like Kim Possible porn.*

*since I am sure someone here is so dense as to think I actually have an interest in such horrors... DON'T. EVEN. GO. THERE. EVER.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

You know, fuck you.
    Hey, I'm just taking what you said in your last exit thread at face value. Was it actually yet another lie instead?

This is silly, Tear. I don't know why your thin isn't thicker. Everyone has their pain points. Mine is September 11 conspiracies. I've certainly never banned someone for spouting them off.

Countdown to closure.

Separately, I have been thinking about this as a concept. I've made a post here: http://www.theworldforgotten.com/sho...ll=1#post21819 Please comment there, as this thread is heading for Closetown, USA.