Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Chilling Orwellianism at NYU

One side lies about everything, has no serious policy agenda and has to make up new culture war issues to please Fox viewers, while the other side occasionally makes populist statements. Therefore, they're equally bad. That's classic whataboutism. I guess you could add bothsidesism to the list. What ever helps you sleep at night while backing people who think you're responsible for trying to undermine American racial purity.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Let's just start the time warp to the end where you vent about how Trump is a traitor and a foreign agent, and I point out that he's just an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Let's just start the time warp to the end where you vent about how Trump is a traitor and a foreign agent, and I point out that he's just an idiot.
    Mate, this is an online debate forum, not a dysfunctional family dinner.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Case in point. One president is old. The other eggs on an insurrection, refuses to denounce literal Nazis (remember when your side thought Nazism was protected speech?), apppoints grifters to senior positions with access to highly classified intelligence, tries to ban people from entering the US based on their religion, almost withdraws from NATO, and generally ignores the Constitution at will. Equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Case in point. One president is old. The other eggs on an insurrection, refuses to denounce literal Nazis (remember when your side thought Nazism was protected speech?), apppoints grifters to senior positions with access to highly classified intelligence, tries to ban people from entering the US based on their religion, almost withdraws from NATO, and generally ignores the Constitution at will. Equally bad.
    Don't worry bro he's only going to be a dictator on day 1 *crowd cheers*

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Don't worry bro he's only going to be a dictator on day 1 *crowd cheers*
    But you're forgetting the most important policies: banning gay books (and books by non-whites) and banning drag queens from reading books to children.

Is traitor the word for describiing someone who tries to launch a coup?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But you're forgetting the most important policies: banning gay books (and books by non-whites) and banning drag queens from reading books to children.
    This sounds like precisely the kind of loser shit a smart man should invest in

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Is traitor the word for describiing someone who tries to launch a coup?
    Depends on if he also cut your taxes.