Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: Chilling Orwellianism at NYU

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Yet they manage to form lynch mobs , get people, fired, arrested, lose financial opportunities, because being on offense all the time leads to victory more often than sitting on defense.
    Surrounding college campuses and events. Occasionally it bleeds over into the real world. If you really want to break the little morons you need to take away their funding. Turn college degrees into something that requires passing standardized testing, encourage remote learning and a drive to lower costs.

  2. #62
    All Worship Ragnarök Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Surrounding college campuses and events. Occasionally it bleeds over into the real world. If you really want to break the little morons you need to take away their funding. Turn college degrees into something that requires passing standardized testing, encourage remote learning and a drive to lower costs.
    Most of these people actually aren't on college campuses. They're centered around various blogs. Most professors know better than to get involved in such endeavors (because of a risk to their career if nothing else).
    Hope is the denial of reality

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Most of these people actually aren't on college campuses. They're centered around various blogs. Most professors know better than to get involved in such endeavors (because of a risk to their career if nothing else).
    This nonsense begins with gender studies and other nonsensical campus activism. You have a bunch of young people with way too much time on their hands (thank you easy liberal arts degrees and overly generous amount of 'free' money washing around the system) that can quickly be mobilized. Make it so student loans can only be used for tuition (not room and board, not misc expenses simply tuition), make degrees possible through testing and you eliminate the breeding ground for this idiocy.

  4. #64
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Surrounding college campuses and events. Occasionally it bleeds over into the real world. If you really want to break the little morons you need to take away their funding. Turn college degrees into something that requires passing standardized testing, encourage remote learning and a drive to lower costs.
    Wow...dude watch what is happening to YouTube and how they are going to segregate videos now.

    This is NOT just restricted to campus.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  5. #65
    All Worship Ragnarök Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    This nonsense begins with gender studies and other nonsensical campus activism. You have a bunch of young people with way too much time on their hands (thank you easy liberal arts degrees and overly generous amount of 'free' money washing around the system) that can quickly be mobilized. Make it so student loans can only be used for tuition (not room and board, not misc expenses simply tuition), make degrees possible through testing and you eliminate the breeding ground for this idiocy.
    That might be how the whole mess started, but it's long moved on from there. Many of the most vocal members clearly have no relevant education. In fact, they attack education as a form of white/cis/ableist privilege. You do occasionally see people who've taken one class in gender studies and decide they're an expert in the field.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Wow...dude watch what is happening to YouTube and how they are going to segregate videos now.

    This is NOT just restricted to campus.
    "Occasionally it bleed over into the real world." I mean come on yes there idiocy has gotten into some weird places but the vast majority of people when confronted with it are like 'dude seriously? what is wrong with you?' The crazy left gets most of their air time because we on the right like to make fun of them.

    The NOT so crazy left are the real problem. The ones who push government control persuasively. Not the screeching fat positive 92 gender people.

  7. #67
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    "Occasionally it bleed over into the real world." I mean come on yes there idiocy has gotten into some weird places but the vast majority of people when confronted with it are like 'dude seriously? what is wrong with you?' The crazy left gets most of their air time because we on the right like to make fun of them.

    The NOT so crazy left are the real problem. The ones who push government control persuasively. Not the screeching fat positive 92 gender people.
    Hilarious you say this, but look at the google thread.

    Lewk, the easily offended are insinuating themselves everywhere and into positions of (modest) power. GamerGate thought they won, but really the SJW's moved too greener pastures.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  8. #68
    All Worship Ragnarök Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,961
    Hope is the denial of reality

  9. #69
    Stingy DM Veldan Rath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maine! And yes, we have plumbing!
    Posts
    2,954
    OMG...

    Favorite comment: I love it when Leftist eat their own.

    What is up with the circular firing squad?

    I expected it from the religious right...but how is this happening to the Enlightined Side?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

  10. #70
    All Worship Ragnarök Loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    OMG...

    Favorite comment: I love it when Leftist eat their own.

    What is up with the circular firing squad?

    I expected it from the religious right...but how is this happening to the Enlightined Side?
    It's a circular firing squad because these kind of students tend to major in the kind of departments where this line of thinking dominates. The children cannibalize their parents.

    I feel bad for the professor, who seems like a nice guy who was doing his best.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  11. #71
    Administrator Dreadnaught's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    As the article says, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
    That's what some folks probably said about Stalin in the late 1920s

    Yeesh what a mess

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •