Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Chilling Orwellianism at NYU

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Yet they manage to form lynch mobs , get people, fired, arrested, lose financial opportunities, because being on offense all the time leads to victory more often than sitting on defense.
    Surrounding college campuses and events. Occasionally it bleeds over into the real world. If you really want to break the little morons you need to take away their funding. Turn college degrees into something that requires passing standardized testing, encourage remote learning and a drive to lower costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Surrounding college campuses and events. Occasionally it bleeds over into the real world. If you really want to break the little morons you need to take away their funding. Turn college degrees into something that requires passing standardized testing, encourage remote learning and a drive to lower costs.
    Most of these people actually aren't on college campuses. They're centered around various blogs. Most professors know better than to get involved in such endeavors (because of a risk to their career if nothing else).
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Most of these people actually aren't on college campuses. They're centered around various blogs. Most professors know better than to get involved in such endeavors (because of a risk to their career if nothing else).
    This nonsense begins with gender studies and other nonsensical campus activism. You have a bunch of young people with way too much time on their hands (thank you easy liberal arts degrees and overly generous amount of 'free' money washing around the system) that can quickly be mobilized. Make it so student loans can only be used for tuition (not room and board, not misc expenses simply tuition), make degrees possible through testing and you eliminate the breeding ground for this idiocy.

Wow...dude watch what is happening to YouTube and how they are going to segregate videos now.

This is NOT just restricted to campus.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

This nonsense begins with gender studies and other nonsensical campus activism. You have a bunch of young people with way too much time on their hands (thank you easy liberal arts degrees and overly generous amount of 'free' money washing around the system) that can quickly be mobilized. Make it so student loans can only be used for tuition (not room and board, not misc expenses simply tuition), make degrees possible through testing and you eliminate the breeding ground for this idiocy.
    That might be how the whole mess started, but it's long moved on from there. Many of the most vocal members clearly have no relevant education. In fact, they attack education as a form of white/cis/ableist privilege. You do occasionally see people who've taken one class in gender studies and decide they're an expert in the field.

Wow...dude watch what is happening to YouTube and how they are going to segregate videos now.

This is NOT just restricted to campus.
    "Occasionally it bleed over into the real world." I mean come on yes there idiocy has gotten into some weird places but the vast majority of people when confronted with it are like 'dude seriously? what is wrong with you?' The crazy left gets most of their air time because we on the right like to make fun of them.

The NOT so crazy left are the real problem. The ones who push government control persuasively. Not the screeching fat positive 92 gender people.

"Occasionally it bleed over into the real world." I mean come on yes there idiocy has gotten into some weird places but the vast majority of people when confronted with it are like 'dude seriously? what is wrong with you?' The crazy left gets most of their air time because we on the right like to make fun of them.

The NOT so crazy left are the real problem. The ones who push government control persuasively. Not the screeching fat positive 92 gender people.
    Hilarious you say this, but look at the google thread.

Lewk, the easily offended are insinuating themselves everywhere and into positions of (modest) power. GamerGate thought they won, but really the SJW's moved too greener pastures.

OMG...

Favorite comment: I love it when Leftist eat their own.

What is up with the circular firing squad?

I expected it from the religious right...but how is this happening to the Enlightined Side?

OMG...

Favorite comment: I love it when Leftist eat their own.

What is up with the circular firing squad?

I expected it from the religious right...but how is this happening to the Enlightined Side?
    It's a circular firing squad because these kind of students tend to major in the kind of departments where this line of thinking dominates. The children cannibalize their parents.

I feel bad for the professor, who seems like a nice guy who was doing his best.

As the article says, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
    That's what some folks probably said about Stalin in the late 1920s

Yeesh what a mess

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Let's see how many transgender persons and undocumented immigrants Milo outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Let's see how many transgender persons and undocumented immigrants Milo outs.
    Nothing really wrong about outing undocumented immigrants. As far as the transgender item are you referring to Justine Kramer?

All right, look, you disgusting little trollette--I'm going to stop you right there before you waste both our time cobbling together some slimy reddit-sourced defense that would make Martin Shkreli blush. If your moral and ethical standards are such that you see "nothing really wrong" with doing things that expose good people to abuse, harassment, and potentially even to physical harm, then it's almost certain that nothing of value can be gained from engaging you in a discussion about right and wrong.

All right, look, you disgusting little trollette--I'm going to stop you right there before you waste both our time cobbling together some slimy reddit-sourced defense that would make Martin Shkreli blush. If your moral and ethical standards are such that you see "nothing really wrong" with doing things that expose good people to abuse, harassment, and potentially even to physical harm, then it's almost certain that nothing of value can be gained from engaging you in a discussion about right and wrong.
    I'm just pointing out the fact that 'outing' someone typically involves a person who people didn't know was already trans...

"Nico Dacumos is an Everyday Feminism Reporting Fellow. Nico is a lower-middle class and college-educated child of a Manila-born Ilocano and a Central California Chicana. He currently writes, teaches high school, runs a decolonial food pop-up, builds spiritual community, loves, co-parents, and instigates non-binary transgender faggotry in Oakland, CA."

lol

https://www.economist.com/blogs/grap.../daily-chart-0

But Republicans don't like the courts either so...

We're losing empathy and gaining stupidity.

Then again, Hillary Clinton is the first presidential candidate I'm aware of whose platform called for re-writing the First Amendment. I'm not saying this in a "she started it" manner, but just to represent how high-up the rot can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    We're losing empathy and gaining stupidity.

Then again, Hillary Clinton is the first presidential candidate I'm aware of whose platform called for re-writing the First Amendment. I'm not saying this in a "she started it" manner, but just to represent how high-up the rot can go.
    Reagan wanted to criminalize flag burning.

Look at these leftists attempting to drive right over freedom of speech:

https://thinkprogress.org/aaron-bern...527bc0a49/amp/

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/new-y...icle-1.3499956

How do these people make it this far in life?

Barnette is not exactly unknown law, it is taught in every state's government/civics curriculum, has been for some time. Which, granted, is why most of those cited schools are backing the students (it is not applicable to private schools like the mentioned Catholic school though, and they are free to delude themselves into thinking coercion means respect)
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/new-y...icle-1.3499956

How do these people make it this far in life?
    Clarification please. I assume you mean people like Isaacson?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Yes.

http://www.richmond.com/news/police-...19c0db7c4.html

This guy may just be the saddest little fuck in the US right now.