I have a business domain name www.{businessname}.co.uk and various email addresses of the (whatever)@{businessname}.co.uk variety. These were set up before I took over operations.

These are either accessed by webmail with a very clunky old looking website that doesn't look like it's been changed in years, or via IMAP and my default Windows 10 mail app throws a hissy fit every time I log in about how security certificates are invalid. I would also like to set up new addresses like feedback@etc.co.uk

I would like to change these to an alternative supplier possibly, like Google or Microsoft but preferably without incurring large costs. AFAIK we don't currently pay anything to our supplier. Need to keep the same email addresses and domain name though. Not sure where to start or how to do so.

I'm also worried about how long there is until the domain name needs renewing and am not sure how to check that. Last thing I need is for the domain name to be lapsed and snapped up by some Chinese parasite unless I buy it back.

Any advice where to start. I'm happy to send details via PM.