Thread: The New Normal....

Default The New Normal....

What does this mean to you?

As far as I can tell, this encompasses all communications and information, once generally called "News". Now that 'fake news' has found its way into the 'mainstream', all bets are off. The "new normal" means millions of people are basing their opinions (and hopes) on what are basically scams and promises, that DO NOT comport with tradition or history or fact.

What's worse--promising the coal industry that jobs will be saved, or manipulating energy data?

Maybe I'm just tired but I'm struggling to understand what it is you're asking. The train of thought seems to keep jumping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Here's a simpler example that exposes conflicting priorities: I might get thousands of dollars exempted from my tax bill if I spend thousands of dollars installing solar panels. But it's not an even quotient, and my municipality may not WANT me to sell my surplus energy, if it means they can't make profits using tax dollars.

And maybe "the new normal" means traveling without laptops on airplanes....

Does that make buses and trains safer?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Maybe I'm just tired but I'm struggling to understand what it is you're asking. The train of thought seems to keep jumping.
    I'm tired, too. The 'train of thought' is asking how we fund public education and public health

Seeing as you didn't say one word about public education or health in any of those prior posts, but mentioned (apparently at random) news reporting, municipal or state policy regarding solar panels, and whether terrorist threats make buses and trains safer forms of travel, I'm pretty sure we can establish that there has been no train of thought and that you're off your meds again.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Seeing as you didn't say one word about public education or health in any of those prior posts, but mentioned (apparently at random) news reporting, municipal or state policy regarding solar panels, and whether terrorist threats make buses and trains safer forms of travel, I'm pretty sure we can establish that there has been no train of thought and that you're off your meds again.
    Amazing how things remain the same

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    ... and that you're off your meds again.
    I hear the kettle calling...

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What does this mean to you?
    ... The "new normal" means millions of people are basing their opinions (and hopes) on what are basically scams and promises, that DO NOT comport with tradition or history or fact.

What's worse--promising the coal industry that jobs will be saved, or manipulating energy data?
    Don't watch the news. ...or drug advertisements. Coal has a good future in diamonds.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I'll try again. There IS a new normal in what services we buy with tax dollars, what we expect from our tax dollars, and what we demand from our legislators that budget our tax dollars. But there's a reluctance to act as a NATION --- which doesn't make any sense for states trying to compete on a global field, expecting special privileges (like the dying coal industry) that still want to provide things like education and health care. And it doesn't make any sense for President T-rump to promise jobs and healthcare by propping up a dying industry or denying the future, but the truth is that's how he got elected.

He promised a new normal, and that got him elected. Now we're stuck with his vacant promises, his vacuous cabinet, and a weird New Normal that's more bizarre than watching any reality TV show that throws people off an island or has the Donald saying "you're fired".