Thread: Eid mubarak! And glad midsommar

Default Eid mubarak! And glad midsommar

In keeping with the new tradition established by POTUS, we have hosted neither Eid breakfast, lunch nor dinner at our place, foregoing such unpatriotic activities in favor of takeout and binge-watching Bones. I was pretty exhausted from my first week working nights on call since getting back, and then celebrating that most holy of all Swedish holidays: midsummer's eve, the bacchanalian orgy of drinking, eating, making babies, being forced to dance/hop around a giant green penis singing about frogs and generally engaging in irresponsible and occasionally dangerous behavior. It was nice having a three day weekend, and I kinda wish all my weekends were three days long.

My mother has had guests coming over to eat pretty much all day but she's managed to put away some of our favorite dishes for when we visit later this week.

I hope you've all enjoyed good food and the company of family and friends this weekend
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Happy Holidays to you too.
    Congratulations America

Mashallah the traditions we keep I had to look up the green penis thing. I immediately thought of this:

http://imgur.com/YbD14

Hyvää juhannusta Minx
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.