Thread: Doubt it will happen but if it does good on you UK

Default Doubt it will happen but if it does good on you UK

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/16/europe...ent/index.html

"Writing in The Sunday Times, Rudd said that "life sentences must not be reserved for acid attack survivors."

According to a report released by the Metropolitan Police Service in March, acid attacks are on the rise in London. In 2014, there were 166 filed incidents, rising to 261 in 2015, and 454 in 2016. Police have told CNN that trend has continued this year."

There are few downsides to being tough on violent crime. There is a great deal of evidence that shows people who go to imprison for violent crimes are far, far more likely to commit more violent crimes in the future than the average citizen. Horrific attacks with chemicals like this should be dealt with harshly.

The recent spate of corrosive substance attacks here is worrying. They are particularly insidious as the results tend to be permanent; leaving scarring, muscular disfigurement, and blindness.

Am certainly in favour of tougher sentencing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Agreed I don't know what goes through the head of someone who does an attack like this but they should be taken off the streets for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Agreed I don't know what goes through the head of someone who does an attack like this but they should be taken off the streets for good.
    What if they are under age?
    Congratulations America

That's a complicated one isn't it. Probably for a long time they should be punished. Certainly should not just be detained until they turn 18 and then released.

I'm guessing you're referring to the child soldier disagreement the other day? I don't think any underage person in the UK is remotely comparable to child soldiers in war zones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Good soundbite and terrible crime, but not a realistic punishment.

Now, if the perpetrator had to give up his/her face to the victim...well then we have a sequel to Face/Off amirite?