Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Justine Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Rape is a horrible crime and I fully support it being harshly punished. Sadly, very evil and twisted people use the rape accusation as a weapon and so society should be extremely vigilant against it.

Last time I checked Trump didn't say "beat the accused" he sound don't be nice to them, don't hold their head as they get put in the cruiser. The part I particularly like is how he called the brutal gang that beat two teens to death 'animals.' That's important because the hopeful next step is to brand it a terrorist organization.
    The key word there is "accused." Should cops beat accused rapists?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The key word there is "accused." Should cops beat accused rapists?
    Again, he didn't say beat them.

Again, he didn't say beat them.
    Do you think the police should "rough up" accused rapists?

America was a mistake.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Do you think the police should "rough up" accused rapists?
    Context. Someone resists arrest I'm fine with them being roughed up. Don't pity criminals who can't follow instructions. Someone goes quietly? Regardless of what they are charged with and/or evidence there is they should be taken in peacefully.

Context. Someone resists arrest I'm fine with them being roughed up. Don't pity criminals who can't follow instructions. Someone goes quietly? Regardless of what they are charged with and/or evidence there is they should be taken in peacefully.
    How many times are you going to move the goalposts? Trump wasn't talking only about people resisting arrest, and neither were you.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    America was a mistake.
    Now now. Canada worked just fine and it comes from much of the same origins. The problem here is one created by the Dutch.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Now now. Canada worked just fine and it comes from much of the same origins. The problem here is one created by the Dutch.
    Canada had a less violent origin. It got its independence through democratic evolution rather than a violent uprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

You're a slimy little cunt aren't you? No one was talking about resisting arrest. Not you, not Trump, and not the police who were cheering and clapping during the speech. You would have been better off tucking your tail between your legs and ignoring this topic existed like you did with the racism and freedom of speech conversation.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Canada had a less violent origin. It got its independence through democratic evolution rather than a violent uprising.
    See you're focused on the guns and I, like the others, am focused on race. Because even if these black people weren't being gunned down, they'd still be suffering all manner of violence and abuse at the hands of police. I remember in the other thread a girl who was attacked by a group of cops for "resisting arrest" because she refused to let EMTs take her to the hospital after an incident which had no trace of illegality. There was no gun and they knew there was no gun. Plenty of other examples in the other thread. A man who was shot in his backyard, eating his dinner, when he defied cops orders to stand up and told them to leave him alone twice. The guy trying to get the autistic patient to comply. Etc.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Yes I'm focussed on the guns because the violence in America is utterly incomparable to elsewhere and the real problem. Yes there is a relatively marginal factor increase in violence between cops and young black men vs cops and young white men.

There is a ludicrously massive factorial difference between violence between cops and young white men (let alone black) in America versus Europe.

Even if you remove from the equation every black person shooting - and every black person being shot - then America's problems do not go away. Look how many white men got shot by Police in America last year and compare that to how many white men got shot by Police in Britain or Germany or France etc - even after adjusting for population. Look how many Police in America were murdered by white criminals last year, versus the same in Britain etc

Race is a side-issue. An easy issue to virtue signal on, while ignoring the real endemic of violence. It is not America's primary problem.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

"Marginal"? What exactly do you mean when you say "marginal"?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

"Relatively marginal factor"

Can't find the figures for young black vs young white, but in 2016 overall white 2.9 deaths per million, overall black 6.66 deaths per million. 6.66 / 2.90 = a factor of 2.3

In the UK for 2016 there were a total of 4 deaths by Police shootings in the entire year. Divided by the UK's population of 65.64 million in 2016 that meant a death ratio of 0.06 deaths per million.

Comparing America's white only deaths of 2.90 and comparing to the UK's overall deaths of 0.06 per million ... 2.90 / 0.06 = a factor of 48.3

Now which is larger? A factor of 2.3 or a factor of 48.3? For my maths a factor of 2.3 is relatively marginal compared to a factor of 48.3

You're a slimy little cunt aren't you? No one was talking about resisting arrest. Not you, not Trump, and not the police who were cheering and clapping during the speech. You would have been better off tucking your tail between your legs and ignoring this topic existed like you did with the racism and freedom of speech conversation.
    Due to liberal crying police are often limited as to how they can bring in resisting offenders. See discussions on police hurting rioters and other such nonsense. Criminals run with disturbing frequency because there is no real penalty for doing it. A lot of arrests are violent struggles.

A lot of arrests are violent struggles.
    This is going to be fun.

Source? If you're going to try and distract from a retarded statement without owning it, you should at least try to not use an even more retarded statement.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Due to liberal crying police are often limited as to how they can bring in resisting offenders. See discussions on police hurting rioters and other such nonsense. Criminals run with disturbing frequency because there is no real penalty for doing it. A lot of arrests are violent struggles.
    Why should they not run?

Attacking an officer is one thing but how is running something that requires assault? It may require a rugby tackle to take them down, but I don't see why it takes any more once they're in custody.

Why should they not run?

Attacking an officer is one thing but how is running something that requires assault? It may require a rugby tackle to take them down, but I don't see why it takes any more once they're in custody.
    http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/cr...r-chase-video/

There needs to be consequences for running.

http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/cr...r-chase-video/

There needs to be consequences for running.
    There is. It's called resisting arrest. Why do you care so little about constitutional protections?

There is. It's called resisting arrest. Why do you care so little about constitutional protections?
    Often if they bother with it they don't tack on to the sentence they do it concurrently instead of consecutively.

Surprising absolutely no-one, because most murders are committed by black people:

http://www.pnas.org/content/114/25/6521.full

This work demonstrates that body camera footage can be used as a rich source of data rather than merely archival evidence, and paves the way for developing powerful language-based tools for studying and potentially improving police–community relations.
    Sounds positive

Sounds positive
    Surprising absolutely no-one, RB focuses on the least interesting part of the paper.

Citation needed.

Least interesting to you maybe. The authors put it as the conclusion to their section they named "Significance" and emphasised by highlighting with a circle at the top of the page. Implies the authors consider it far from being least interesting to actually being of significance.

Most significant part of the paper is summarized in the abstract:

We find that officers speak with consistently less respect toward black versus white community members, even after controlling for the race of the officer, the severity of the infraction, the location of the stop, and the outcome of the stop. Such disparities in common, everyday interactions between police and the communities they serve have important implications for procedural justice and the building of police–community trust.
    Totally unsurprising that you would ignore that part.

That was the least surprising part of the article. I was expecting that, were you not? That would be like saying the most significant part of the paper is saying the sun rises in the East.

I care more about what we do about that and how do we move on from here.

EDIT: Though it is amusing that you find one portion of the abstract you found significant to be more significant than that which the authors themselves wrote as being the "Significance" of the article. Totally unsurprising that you ignored that which even the authors themselves highlighted as it didn't suit your agenda.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 08-04-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Even scientists have to eat.

And they do so not just by repeating the obvious we all already know.

How exactly are you reconciling there being only a few bad cops with cops systematically treating African Americans worse than whites?

Simply treating an African American with less respect than a white person is not a good thing, but does not make you a bad cop. Nor does it not make sense, considering that blacks as a whole are more violent. If you sub-divide whites into skinhead whites and other whites you'd probably get an identical response.

I will act slightly differently I'm dealing with someone with a strong Irish accent or a chavvy Brit due to my experiences with gypsies and chavs. I will be immediately on guard and it is not racism, it is self-preservation.