Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Justine Diamond

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    No, basically you want them to become cookie cutter stereotypes of what you deem fitting.

No wonder they reject that. "Hey, give up everything you know and conform to my ideals and maybe we'll treat you like a human being!"
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    That's not "integration", that's called "assimilation".
    You make it sound like assimilation is a bad thing. I'm curious - for all the Muslim immigrants you are taking, do you want them to keep their male first cultural identity where women are subservient or do you think it would be beneficial for them to assimilate and gain superior western values?

I'm waiting for Khen to talk himself into homeschooling at this point.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

LOL he'[s most of the way there
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    I'm waiting for Khen to talk himself into homeschooling at this point.
    You realize that there are ways to school those groups without homeschooling? But, please, carry on building this strawman so you can triumphantly burn it down.

Plus, I find it wonderous that you guys give a list of "They have to do A, B, C and D!"

And then when I say: "You're demanding with that list that they become like you and give up everything that makes them what they are!" you promptly try to turn around and then say: "What have you got against D?"

Really shitty argumentative tactic. Using that logic (and because Rand already used that particular group, so it's fair game), what have you got against Nazis? After all, they built the Autobahn!

But...what if their culture prefers homeschool? You are just forcing them to assimilate! Gasp!

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    But...what if their culture prefers homeschool? You are just forcing them to assimilate! Gasp!
    Read my edit. You don't get to propose a complete list and demand that they adapt the whole list. And then cherrypick one detail from this list to paint someone being unreasonable.

By that standard, I'll demand that you allow homeschooling, become a cannibal and also sacrifice a child every sunday. And you have to fulfill all three of those demands.

Okay, so what are they allowed to keep as part of their culture and what are they allowed not in your view? Homeschooling is out so far. But again, why do you get to choose by your own standard?

I don't have to advise what I got against Nazis, I'm the one on the assimilate side, remember? You move to a new place, you need to adapt. Goosestepping giant oven builders aren't generally welcome as the basis of our society is that you don't get to do that. You can think it all you want but we aren't the thought police (yet), just don't do it.

We want people to leave the stuff they left their home for to begin with, but bring the other stuff to add to our culture, but don't expect ours to change all that much.
    Last edited by Veldan Rath; 08-10-2017 at 04:45 PM.

"You move to a new place, you need to adapt."

Right. Those guys have been in the country for centuries. It's not a "new place". You're just as bigoted as Rand. And "we're not the thought police"? Right. You're demanding assimilation, that makes you indeed the thought police. Downright fascist, in fact.

But how kind of you to "allow" them to keep a bit of their culture. Mighty nice, Mr. Jackboot. THAT is right out of the playbook of fascists and supremacists.

Well you won't allow homeschooling, so Jackboot right at ya.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."