Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amerikan Supreme Court Voids Ban on Animal Cruelty Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    Frankly, I'm not a real believer, but I'll just say this : If God wanted homosexuality he'd create Adam and Steve, not Adam and Eve.
    Why do you assume He gives a damn either way? Seriously.

And, FWIW, homosexuality is pretty widespread in the animal kingdom, so if you're gonna use the whole "it's unnatural and God doesn't want it" argument, it's definitely a hard case to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    So does your dating strategy involve rape?
    You know, there's just really no talking to you when you get on that ridiculous "women are people too" soapbox of yours. If you're determined to be that absurd, I don't know how you can expect to have an actual discussion on the matter.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Roar, I am a femi-Nazi, watch me emasculate Poland
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    I tend to despise DAs, whether Dem or Rep, because of their pronounced tendency to enforce the law with an eye to political expediency (see Duke lacrosse case). But I'm not sure I have a problem with the video possession law if it is well written (which this one was clearly not, so let's not go there.) After all, if you knowingly possess stolen goods, it is illegal, right? If you knowingly possess videos of felonies, it's illegal. How is it different? Isn't it essentially aiding and abetting? Do you think it should NOT be illegal to knowingly possess stolen goods?
    You made a huge jump there and left out tons of qualifiers. What you should have said was "If you knowingly possess video of a crime that you know could possibly help the police catch the criminal and haven't shown the authorities, then you're aiding and abetting."* That's a far, far, far cry from simple possession of video of a crime. That is distasteful but not criminal (in most cases), and should not be criminal in all cases. If YOU don't commit the crime on the video, all you are doing is just watching or having a video copy of a crime. How that translates to YOU doing the crime is beyond my comprehension.

*Even that is a gray line, because you must give people the benefit of the doubt that (a) the crime is possibly just theater -- fake blood and (b) that the crime is already known by police.