View Poll Results: Opening Post: Warn For Stupid?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is exactly what we don't want to see here.

8 88.89%
  • No, that's just too harsh and perhaps arbitrary.

1 11.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gunz

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's a fact that you'll benefit greatly from learning to accept feedback. Being able to graciously accept feedback is a very valuable skill in life.
    I've found this to be very true; feedback has been a great way for me to improve upon myself at my job, and it has gotten me to a very good place in life. .

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    Furthermore, I find it rather amusing how Cain can say what I just said and "score points" on here; on the other hand, if I do it, oh noes!
    OK, first of all, I wouldn't say what you just said. This is one of those situations where it's as much about how you say it as it is about what you say.

But anyway, some free advice.

In first place, there's an art to being a raging asshole, and having people put up with it. So it's not for everyone - you have to work at it. Generally, it involves giving them something that causes them to overlook the fact that you're a giant ass. Be intelligent and insightful... make them laugh... look super sexy... bribe them with free cash... give good head. Whatever. But something. That way, people will say "yeah, he's an asshole, but he *did* make me cum like a horse yesterday, so he's not all bad." Or something like that.

Secondly, if you're going to act like a giant asshole, you pretty much have to stop giving a fuck about what other people think of you. If you need some help in the not caring about what others think of you department, just remind yourself that people are stupid scum, so what they think about anything doesn't matter. You just have to think of all the ways in which people are stupider than a bag of cat hair, and then the fact that people don't like you is just further proof that they're stupid and don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Finally, it's actually pretty important to learn how to defend yourself if you're going to be a raging asshole. Frequently, people will respond to your obviously superior intelligence and incontrovertible correctness by attacking you. It's because people are stupid, of course, but regardless, it's much easier to be a condescending asshole to someone if you win the fight.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.