Thread: The art of bullshitting

Default The art of bullshitting

Hey eggheads, yes you know who I am talking to. Why are you smartypants always gobbling down every piece of troll food that's being thrown at you? Shouldn't you being so smart and reasonable make you sometimes wonder if it just maybe isn't smarter to simply ignore the latest talking point? That it would be a lot more effective to stick to what really matters.

For example; what's with the days of talk about how many people were attending the inauguration and virtually no interest in a full frontal attack on the ACA? Do you really believe how full the Mall was matters more than people dying because they can't afford health care?

Next time when a bullshitter tries to set the agenda; resist talking about what's really just diverting the debate away from what really matters.
    Congratulations America

*ignores*
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Funny I mentioned something similar in another thread...
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Most of the users here have complained about the board's collective inability to properly handle bullshit news and the users that spread it.

Most don't wait till the conversation is ~100 replies deep and without having contributed anything else.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It's not just on this board; half of the time the news cycle is about something a leader that that was patently stupid, or wrong or an outright lie, but more than anything, not worthy of any serious attention. If you are smart enough to know that something is totally irrelevant, you should be smart enough to set your own agenda right?
    Congratulations America

One issue is that you have a portion of the population that is no smarter than lewk, who will latch onto any Benghazi like distraction like a rabid dog, while such stupidity so easily goes viral for another portion of the population. I wouldn't say debates on more important matters don't happen. Public outcry did save the ACA for example, and the FCC is getting grilled more heavily now (and this board has covered both topics pretty heavily in between lewk's and dread's incoherent rambling and Rand's racism). But either way, clicks and views go up. Its the only reason people like Conway are given airtime at all. Because its all one side has to cling on to, while its seen as just another example of how incompetent our current government is from the other side.

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It's not just on this board; half of the time the news cycle is about something a leader that that was patently stupid, or wrong or an outright lie, but more than anything, not worthy of any serious attention. If you are smart enough to know that something is totally irrelevant, you should be smart enough to set your own agenda right?
    Remind me, who started the Erdogan compilation thread?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Remind me, who started the Erdogan compilation thread?
    Guilty as charged. It took me some time to understand what the trick behind it was.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Most of the users here have complained about the board's collective inability to properly handle bullshit news and the users that spread it.

Most don't wait till the conversation is ~100 replies deep and without having contributed anything else.
    Sigh...in that exchange I was referring to the conversation that took place right before Lewk derailed it and a few decided to bite. But hey, I'm glad a persons point of view is only relevant based upon # of times posted in a thread.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita