Thought I'd save Dread the trouble of posting this story

Most of you have no doubt read the story of the Google employee who wrote a memo criticizing the cultural and political climate at Google. The memo also contains a long and deeply flawed discussion about gender disparities in various industries, where the author--and his supporters, on social media--draws far-reaching and poorly justified conclusions about the expected and appropriate gender distribution in tech, based on superficial one-sided analyses of a small subset of ambiguous research into human sexual dimorphism and gender roles as they pertain to the tech industry.

As a memo, half of the text is almost exemplary at least wrt language and time. As a basis for a discussion about organizational culture, it's interesting. As a text that is currently being peddled by many supporters as science, it is decidedly sub-par and as a formal policy document it's on extremely shaky ground.

Here is the text in all its glory:

http://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-t...-RelayMediaAMP

Some of the content seems to be missing but is referenced elsewhere.

The employee seems to have been fired, although details are sparse. I can't speak towards the legality of the termination and I'm ambivalent about the decision to fire him.