Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Lives Matter

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I stopped reading your article after it started on his strategic prowess right at the beginning. He wasn't anywhere near as good a strategist as he was a tactician but the idiots criticizing him there always overlook the fact that he repeatedly made clear, before and during the war, that the South was screwed in that kind of war, that it couldn't match the industrial and financial muscle of the Union. He didn't HAVE better options. Both his offensives failed but he didn't have any choice but to try them in an attempt to seize DC or scare them into talking things out. He was a general in the field, not a part of either the Confederate legislature nor its War Office. He didn't get to dictate policy and he wouldn't have tried, it would have gone against the code of conduct he considered proper for a serving officer.
    He was a slaveholder. He ran large estate and he punished slaves on it. But he was also very clear, again before and during the war as well as after, that slavery wasn't worth secession or the war that followed. I didn't say boo about his attitudes on race relations, but you're not going to find better attitudes among any other significant figures from that period or later, in the South or in the North.
    I recommend reading the rest. That part was the weakest one in the article.
    Hope is the denial of reality

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

To be fair, the Nazis didn't use tiki torches.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Courts have already, and quite rationally, ruled that the first amendment doesn't protect incitement to violence. So, I am quite surprised why you think the university made the right decision allowing it.
    There is a difference between a peaceful march and incitement to violence.

Even those I despise have the right to peacefully express their opinions. I've made abundantly clear the full weight of the law should apply to any law breakers though with terrorism charges on top where appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Not sure where you think I disagree with that. I've always been a true patriot not a nationalist like that. I believe in migration and recognising when my country is in the wrong etc.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Y'all make it sound like white supremacists never marched prior to Trump taking office.

This was the largest far right march in decades.

Is Trump cause or a symptom of this malaise?

Both. He rose to power because the GOP has been pushing these kind of views for a while. But his election also galvanized these people into action.

He gave a voice to people who should be kept silent. There is no peaceful way to be publicly push hate.

Charlottesville mayor on Trump: 'Look at the campaign he ran'

In the last year Trump has thrown more direct insults and harsh words at:
    • Barack Obama
    • his own attorney general
    • the Khan family
    • Bloomingdales
    • Mitch McConnell
    • Paul Ryan

... than he's said about this NAZI 'Unite the Right' march which caused an entire state to declare a state of emergency. He supports the Nazis and their movement, it is his base. He would be no where and nothing in politics without them.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-13-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    There is a difference between a peaceful march and incitement to violence.

Even those I despise have the right to peacefully express their opinions. I've made abundantly clear the full weight of the law should apply to any law breakers though with terrorism charges on top where appropriate.
    To take your country back from minorities does not express an opinion, it's a call to violence against those minorities.
    Congratulations America

According to commenters on Fox he was a liberal antifa cuck who was flown in by Soros himself but then the MSM/LSM tried to cover it up by pinning it on Fields. The police and the governor are in on it, they set it up so there would be violence that they could blame on the defenders of the race. Opinion is divided on the matter of the victim, with a fairly even split between mild regret combined with victim blaming (she shouldn't have been there looking for trouble) and outright glee (fuck that Bernie Sanders supporter, good riddance, not even human really, was she). The American right, sowing and reaping like a boss.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Opinion is divided on the matter of the victim,
    Her name was Heather Heyer. Let her name be remembered and his forgotten.

I won't mention names, but several college Republicans, including a chapter president, have been outed for taking part in the protest.

That dox post from earlier has exploded on Twitter and Facebook.

Meanwhile the hate and Trump subreddits zeroed in on the wrong guy as the driver. Caused him a good bit of grief.

He gave a voice to people who should be kept silent. There is no peaceful way to be publicly push hate.
    Nobody should be "kept silent". Those who push hate will do so one way or another, we should be able to tackle them peacefully.

According to commenters on Fox he was a liberal antifa cuck who was flown in by Soros himself but then the MSM/LSM tried to cover it up by pinning it on Fields. The police and the governor are in on it, they set it up so there would be violence that they could blame on the defenders of the race. Opinion is divided on the matter of the victim, with a fairly even split between mild regret combined with victim blaming (she shouldn't have been there looking for trouble) and outright glee (fuck that Bernie Sanders supporter, good riddance, not even human really, was she). The American right, sowing and reaping like a boss.
    Source or is this your attempt at black humour?

I'm sorry, I can't compile a list of url:s to the hundreds of comments I've read today. Unfortunately, it's not black humor.

I'm sorry, I can't compile a list of url:s to the hundreds of comments I've read today. Unfortunately, it's not black humor.
    I'm guessing Rand is believing you to be saying that paid Fox commenters are making these claims, not people in the comments section on Fox's website.
    Last edited by Enoch the Red; 08-14-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I'm guessing Rand is believing you to be claiming that paid Fox commenters are making these claims, not people in the comments section on Fox's website.
    It's possible. Some of the paid commenters have busied themselves with embarrassing whataboutism and false equivalence, and others with outright comedy:

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    I'm guessing Rand is believing you to be claiming that paid Fox commenters are making these claims, not people in the comments section on Fox's website.
    Absolutely yes. Commentators on a website are wide open to trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Absolutely yes. Commentators on a website are wide open to trolls.
    Who said they were trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Looking through the guys tweets he has no understanding of the 2nd amendment.

You think it's ok for the police to refrain from stopping illegal actions because the criminals are armed?