Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: White Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You think it's ok for the police to refrain from stopping illegal actions because the criminals are armed?
    Hell no.

And here the police is implying they didn't step in to break this up earlier because the protesters were heavily armed...
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And here the police is implying they didn't step in to break this up earlier because the protesters were heavily armed...
    No the governor a DNC operative is saying that. A DNC operative who has led the fight against the 2nd amendment is saying that.

The tiki terrorists have officially been denounced by the tiki people.

How much of a low life do you have to be that the fucking tiki brand has to speak up.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-14-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I dunno, he has also been described as an angry Rattata, I found that pretty compelling.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Politicians get photographed with people they don't know all the time. I am more pleased that the Senator has denounced the Nazi with very unambiguous language than I am concerned he was once photographed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Politicians get photographed with people they don't know all the time. I am more pleased that the Senator has denounced the Nazi with very unambiguous language than I am concerned he was once photographed with him.
    Yes, John Wayne Gacy was in a picture with the first lady after all. I doubt she supported his methods
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    He didn't get to dictate policy and he wouldn't have tried, it would have gone against the code of conduct he considered proper for a serving officer.
    He swore an oath to defend the United States of America and it's Constitution. His "code of conduct" didn't stop him from breaking that oath and leading a bloody war against the United States. Fuck his code of conduct and fuck him for choosing Virginia over the nation and the constitution he swore to defend. And fuck that statue - no US military officer who betrayed the nation the way he did should be honored like that.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

To be clear noone has suggested the senator has done anything wrong. This tweet was simply the one used in the news articles, likely cause its the first or more popular ID. I specifically said the senator denounced the person to preemp a lewk like reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    No the governor a DNC operative is saying that. A DNC operative who has led the fight against the 2nd amendment is saying that.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/p...harlottesville

The murdering nazi was denied bail and has to wait for a public defender. Sounds like the judge wants him to rot and if the asshole is doesn't like he'll have to spend the rest of daddy's money to fight it.

Considering how much video evidence we have. I'm ok with this.

To be clear noone has suggested the senator has done anything wrong. This tweet was simply the one used in the news articles, likely cause its the first or more popular ID. I specifically said the senator denounced the person to preemp a lewk like reply.
    I know you did I wasn't criticising you.

A lot of people in replies to that Tweet are calling for him to go due to the photo but I knew already from your text that you weren't one of them.

The one person I'm happy to criticise is Trump. The Senators response is far more appropriate than that of Mr President.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hahah...lence-2017-8-2

Wait a minute, I almost feel like I know this person.

The terrorist's mother previously reported him for physically assaulting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

They are legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Sack him.

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/14/a-ri...ilding-report/

Good thing one of Trump's first action was to stop funding efforts to tackle far right extremism.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    He swore an oath to defend the United States of America and it's Constitution.
    As an officer in the US Army and he resigned his commission first. There is nothing in the oath of service that it was 'in perpetuity", it only governed his conduct while he served. Furthermore, his actions DID uphold the Constitution. The Union's did not. The Constitution is moot on the topic of secession directly but quite frankly any honest reading (particularly if one is the least bit interested in original intent which certainly was the mode at the time) would have found it under the 10th amendment. You know, the one explicitly reserving all rights not otherwise mentioned as being held by the people or the individual states?

Meanwhile you don't say boo about, say, a head on a mountain dedicated to a demogogue, unrepentant slaveholder, slave-rapist, coward, etc. A man who would absolutely stood behind his native Virginia as well if he'd still been alive. Jefferson held that the Tree of Liberty must be kept watered with blood and would have seen the Civil War as a reminder to an overreaching central government that they should not be trammeling on the freedom of all those men who were created equal which manifestly did not include the black man. All (with the exception of the coward part) which can be said about every one of the Virginian founding fathers who have statues, towns, monuments, parks, etc. commemorating and honoring them.
    You, Loki, and any of the board's other totally history-ignorant morons can climb off your self-righteous "socially progressive" high horses and go fuck yourselves.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

We live in the US, not the Confederacy. Jefferson was one of the founding fathers. Whether he would or wouldn't join a rebellion is irrelevant because he did not. Lee was a leader of rebels whose rebellion cost hundreds of thousands of lives. So cry me a river about loyalty to Virginia.

So Jefferson was never involved in a rebellion?

The man who was the principle author of the declaration of independence never took part in rebellion?

Fascinating reading of history that. Mine was that Jefferson won his rebellion: that is the only difference.

The man who was the principle author of the declaration of independence never took part in rebellion?

Fascinating reading of history that. Mine was that Jefferson won his rebellion: that is the only difference.
    From context it is obvious that he was pointing out that Jefferson did not take part in a rebellion against the United States.

Which is absolutely meaningless because the United States wouldn't have existed without Jefferson's rebellion. Nor would Virgininans be living in the United States if Lee had won like Jefferson did.

This conversation reminds me of Yes (Prime) Minister's recurring joke about irregular verbs: I'm a patriot, you're a rebel, he's been hanged for treason.

Which is absolutely meaningless because the United States wouldn't have existed without Jefferson's rebellion.
    Fuzzy's post suggests that they are both addressing a somewhat different question from the one you're thinking of:

A man who would absolutely stood behind his native Virginia as well if he'd still been alive. Jefferson held that the Tree of Liberty must be kept watered with blood and would have seen the Civil War as a reminder to an overreaching central government that they should not be trammeling on the freedom of all those men who were created equal which manifestly did not include the black man.
    I of course have no vested interest in defending Jefferson from allegations of being a total jerk. I just think it's interesting that Fuzzy of all people would be so eager to make such strong claims about what someone who's been dead for two centuries would have done in a war that started two generations after his death.

If there were statues of Jefferson in Britain, you'd have the full right to tear them down.

Lee is hated for doing exactly what Jefferson is lauded for doing.

Had the Confederacy won, I'm sure Lee would be a hero. But it didn't. So he's not. He's a traitor who fought for a repugnant cause that he wholeheartedly supported.

So your accept the key difference is only that he lost?

So your accept the key difference is only that he lost?
    That loss made him into a traitor in the United States. Do you think treason is something to be overlooked? There's also the matter of Jefferson fighting to be free of oppression (among plainer reasons), and Lee fighting to maintain slavery. One is worse than the other.

There's a reason Americans hate Benedict Arnold, while he's well-respected in Britain. I would find it very peculiar for an American to celebrate Arnold, while a Brit doing it would be perfectly fine.

Edit:

Last edited by Loki; 08-15-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Meh - when the liberals are done removing all the Confederate generals they'll move on to any of the founding fathers who owned slaves. Then they'll move on to the next segment they want to get rid of. On the whole I really don't care that much - the dude is dead. Tearing down his statue is pretty damned meaningless and to be quite frank I don't know why this is still a big deal in the 21st century.

Would you want to walk past a statue of someone who spent his life trying to enslave your ancestors?