Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Lives Matter

Default White Lives Matter

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Good on the university for allowing the march. Let the bigots march and counter their hatred with rationality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

*shrug* haters are impervious to reason. And, if they are so bold in Virginia, you can be sure they have a great deal of silent support in the community. Welcome to Lewk's 2017.

And 2013 and 2011 and 1998. There's always been haters but driving that hate underground so that it festers achieves nothing.

The other day without a semblance of irony I saw some American moron on Twitter share a snippet from American History X as if it was "The Truth" (TM) without realising that movie was entirely about his journey away from Neo-Nazism and to warn against hate.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

From what I gather the university did not allow the march. It was ruled an unlawful assembly. It was set up cause these assholes want as much media attention as possible before todays hate march. The hate subs on reddit are already gathering which businesses to attack because they are putting up diversity and tolerance signs.

This is straight up unacceptable in america, much less on a college campus

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-12-2017 at 12:56 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Wow OG ... if they're dumb enough to be pre-announcing what crimes they're going to commit then the Police should ensure they have enough cameras and officers to ensure any law breakers are punished severely.

Anyone who attacks people or businesses should with this hatred should be sent down for a very long time.

The threats alone should be enough to start acting on but these assholes hide behind twisting the 1st amendment and trying to be coy. Nothing more than bullies trying to scare people into not speaking up. Can't have rainbow flags spanning the streets and covering windows messing with their media whoring.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Absolutely if a law has been broken then act already. Though it may be an idea to give these morons enough rope to hang themselves and then act.

and of course it turns violent, asshole drove his car into the counter protesters

These people are disgusting:

But also not threatening to the police. Because they're white.
    Hope is the denial of reality

In a way it's kind of a shame because I think there's nothing wrong with keeping that statue, not in that state. Lee led the Confederate army and he'd been a slaveholder himself but he was genuinely not fighting for slavery. He fought for Virginia and was a perfectly respectable icon of a Virginian from a historical perspective.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    In a way it's kind of a shame because I think there's nothing wrong with keeping that statue, not in that state. Lee led the Confederate army and he'd been a slaveholder himself but he was genuinely not fighting for slavery. He fought for Virginia and was a perfectly respectable icon of a Virginian from a historical perspective.
    This Lee?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...al-lee/529038/

and of course it turns violent, asshole drove his car into the counter protesters

Somebody needs to be charged with murder if not terrorism too.

Already happened (no mention of terrorist charges though).

Good. If it's an aggravating factor then throw on terrorism charges.

Doxxing put to good use:

https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist/s...11734617075712

I wonder what happens if some of them are actually UVA students.

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-13-2017 at 02:09 AM.

This is what people like lewk have enabled, because somehow this is better than having Hillary as president

Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-13-2017 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Good. If it's an aggravating factor then throw on terrorism charges.
    I'm in favor of the death penalty for the piece of shit - I wonder how many people here on this board would agree.

God what a fucking mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I stopped reading your article after it started on his strategic prowess right at the beginning. He wasn't anywhere near as good a strategist as he was a tactician but the idiots criticizing him there always overlook the fact that he repeatedly made clear, before and during the war, that the South was screwed in that kind of war, that it couldn't match the industrial and financial muscle of the Union. He didn't HAVE better options. Both his offensives failed but he didn't have any choice but to try them in an attempt to seize DC or scare them into talking things out. He was a general in the field, not a part of either the Confederate legislature nor its War Office. He didn't get to dictate policy and he wouldn't have tried, it would have gone against the code of conduct he considered proper for a serving officer.
    He was a slaveholder. He ran large estate and he punished slaves on it. But he was also very clear, again before and during the war as well as after, that slavery wasn't worth secession or the war that followed. I didn't say boo about his attitudes on race relations, but you're not going to find better attitudes among any other significant figures from that period or later, in the South or in the North.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Is this premature stopping thing going to be a thing, moving forward?

Premature stopping? Is that a euphemism for something?

Btw it turns out that the counter-protesters were obstructing traffic and he was late for work/had to go to school/having a heart attack/was trying to get his wife, who was in labor to the hospital. The leftists attacked him and made him fear for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Good on the university for allowing the march. Let the bigots march and counter their hatred with rationality.
    Courts have already, and quite rationally, ruled that the first amendment doesn't protect incitement to violence. So, I am quite surprised why you think the university made the right decision allowing it.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    The statue on the other hand seems to be a part of a move in the first half of the 20th century to rehabilitate the Confederacy, so demands to remove it aren't entirely unreasonable either. If you never have seen it; watch Gone with the wind. Then try to imagine if that movie could have been made today. I think the answer would be a resounding NO.

The lie of the South as a victim having lost a genteel better way of life, due to chivalry standing no chance against the crushing mechanic force of the North is, when you think of it, an extremely ugly one. Lee may have been 'just another patriot', but he was so for a Patria that existed in order to keep large numbers of people in sub-human status.
    Congratulations America