Thread: The official best word ever

Default The official best word ever

https://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...m_source=atlfb

Obviously his results were tainted by extreme selection bias. This needs to be done on a much larger scale without allowing nerds to hijack the experiment.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Pfft he didn't even consider merkin.

I think the best word ever is metamorphosis.

This year I planted some milkweed, and have been watching the monarch larvae/caterpillar/chrysallis process. I realized it closely resembles human behavior that's transformative, but the butterflies do that instinctively, while humans are constantly questioning every step of our growth and change. To the point that we've almost lost the ability to adapt and evolve.

There's probably a word for that, but I refuse to "Google" it.

Kalsarikännit!
    It would be nice if we could get to a place where our community didn’t need a constant stream of fresh corpses to remind it how to behave.

"Science and faith are fundamentally incompatible, and for precisely the same reason that irrationality and rationality are incompatible. They are different forms of inquiry, with only one, science, equipped to find real truth. And while they may have a dialogue, it's not a constructive one. Science helps religion only by disproving its claims, while religion has nothing to add to science." - J.A.Coyne