Thread: Can't really defend this... seriously wtf.

Default Can't really defend this... seriously wtf.

************************/pb/news/2017/08/31/utah-nurse-arrested-after-complying-with-hospital-policy-that-bars-taking-blood-from-unconscious-victim

EDIT: No idea why the link copy is doing this junk here is the reddit discussion on it https://www.reddit.com/r/news/commen...being_dragged/

"A nurse ... according to the footage." <quote stripped by Wraith, sorry ~W>

OK so I can see the issue here. A suspect was fleeing from police and got injured and now they need the blood sample. Not familiar with the laws so maybe there is a legitimate misunderstanding...

"At about 2 p.m. ... died at the scene." <quote stripped by Wraith, sorry ~W>

What the flying fuck? They wanted a blood draw of the VICTIM of the criminal? I don't even know how anyone can begin to defend that. Hopefully a lot of media attention gets lazered on that group and this clown loses his job. Sadly unions will likely prevent that from happening.
    Last edited by Wraith; 09-02-2017 at 04:35 AM.

<link removed by Wraith, sorry ~W>

Surprised she wasn't tazed or beaten, clearly she was resisting arrest.

The article goes into the police's explanation for the arrest. If they're using a law that is no longer on the books to obtain a blood sample then that's obviously pretty damning. Often police go overboard when gathering evidence, doing things "just in case" whenever they believe they can. In theory, that blood sample could have, in another case, been used to either refute a claim that the victim was partially responsible for the accident.

More sinister and likely reason is that the cops were hoping to get evidence that would exonerate them in the event of a lawsuit over getting someone severely injured as a consequence of a high speed car chase.
    Last edited by Wraith; 09-02-2017 at 04:31 AM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That's ridiculous. Was this the officer involved?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

To add more context, sources are claiming that the victim here was a cop. Its common procedure for government officers to take drug tests when they are involved in accidents. The officer(s) here were following orders, and shit rolls down hill.
    It is absolutely awful for how this transpired, but this is every day procedure for police officers. Demand, bully, and don't step up when your fellow officers are breaking the law. There is no accountability, from the department or the public (this officer is still working for the same force), and now thanks to Trump they get to go back to doing all of this while dressed like mercenaries.

At ~50 seconds you can hear the officers talking about how to play it because they have no warrant and no probable cause. Slimebags, every single one of them.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 09-01-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I think the refusal of the hospital was probably right. With no consent nor warrant you seriously tread in a violation of his right to not self-incriminate.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I think the refusal of the hospital was probably right. With no consent nor warrant you seriously tread in a violation of his right to not self-incriminate.
    The hospital was absolutely right, the only question is what degree of deliberate malice the officer had.

<admin hat>Hi guys, sorry, but I had to strip some context from this thread due to being from a known copyright troll. To make up for it, have this alternative source:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ut...-idUSKCN1BC57X

Sorry about the trouble. </admin hat>

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/01/health...deo/index.html

Officer was told to arrest the nurse by the higher-ups. Just another bad apple, right Lewk?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Yes it is clearly a bad apple. Glad the nurse has had an apology and an investigation is ongoing.

Or do you think higher ups can't be bad apples?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

It's not "a few bad apples" when the institution itself is rotten. More like a rotten tree.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Note that once again, when Lewk finds police action actually objectionable, it's when directed towards someone white. That's 3 for 3 there, while I can't recall even seeing him acknowledge boiling that black guy to death in Florida was wrong. Though I suppose that at some point after it was first posted he finally acknowledged shooting that OT who was on the ground with his hands raised and trying to encourage his autistic client to comply was questionable so he might be 1 for something-thousand when it comes to black people facing abuse and brutality.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

You can't possibly think a person who thinks he sees no color, would be racist.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Yes it is clearly a bad apple. Glad the nurse has had an apology and an investigation is ongoing.

Or do you think higher ups can't be bad apples?
    The events depicted in the video happened over a month ago, nothing happened to the officer in question till the nurse went public with the video. To my knowledge nothing at all has happened to superior who ordered the arrest over the radio. Several officers watched an unlawful arrest take place and did nothing or even helped.

Also, the full expression is 'a few bad apples spoil the bunch', so sort of the opposite how you're trying to use it.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Note that once again, when Lewk finds police action actually objectionable, it's when directed towards someone white. That's 3 for 3 there, while I can't recall even seeing him acknowledge boiling that black guy to death in Florida was wrong. Though I suppose that at some point after it was first posted he finally acknowledged shooting that OT who was on the ground with his hands raised and trying to encourage his autistic client to comply was questionable so he might be 1 for something-thousand when it comes to black people facing abuse and brutality.
    Quit being a shithead. I immediately condemned it.

http://theworldforgotten.com/showthr...ghlight=Kinsey

"That's pretty fucked up and the police officer should be brought up on charges. I could almost understand shooting the other guy who is not being responsive to police orders but the guy with his hands up? Every profession has some bad apples and this is why body cams are a must."

Anymore revisionist history you want to bring up you projecting hypocrite?

I see one post by you on that page, in which you are discussing a cop in Louisiana who got shot and nothing else. Kinda proving my point there Lewk.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

How? The condemnation of that behaviour was unanimous, there wasn't a single person here who endorsed it or said it was acceptable which kind of kills the conversation. Conversations last much longer and have more responses when people are disagreeing with each other - a circle jerk of everyone agreeing with each other and repeating the same thing again and again is boring and weird.

I'd argue with Lewk about "almost understanding shooting the other guy" as simply being not responsive to orders isn't a reason to be shot, being an imminent threat is the only justification. However he did caveat it with the weasel word almost.

Well, at least we have a lower limit now on how far a cop needs to go in mistreating a black person before conservatives will condemn him.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Thing is, if this guy was a suspect, Lewk would probably be fine with cops acting like this (correct me if I'm wrong). Problem is that in that case the unconscious patient has exactly the same rights, and if the nurse had complied (which I expect you'd approve then) the case would presumably be thrown out for procedural errors, and rightly so.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

And she and the hospital may have been sued.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Thing is, if this guy was a suspect, Lewk would probably be fine with cops acting like this (correct me if I'm wrong). Problem is that in that case the unconscious patient has exactly the same rights, and if the nurse had complied (which I expect you'd approve then) the case would presumably be thrown out for procedural errors, and rightly so.
    Indeed rightly so.