Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Earth Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    I don't know how old you are, but my generation tends to frown upon pussies. I don't think there's a "report button" in real life. You gotta role with the punches.
    Making ludicrous threats you have no intention of or even ability to act on is not "rolling with the punches".
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Young Mage View Post
    Tear, if I find out where you live. I will piss a big "Happy Earth Day fucker" in your yard. Hopefully it will be legible for a whole year and we can rinse and repeat.
    I think this is my first infraction I've issued at these new forums. That sort of stupidity is just not necessary - and remember this is the "serious discussion" forum that appears on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I think this is my first infraction I've issued at these new forums. That sort of stupidity is just not necessary - and remember this is the "serious discussion" forum that appears on the front page.
    If you actually did issue an infraction it doesn't show up for the rest of us to see, and I'll make the appropriate noises at Wraithy.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I like appropriate noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Fine, i'll attempt to make my insults more sophiticated. I'll also wear a monicle and raise my pinky whenever I type on this forum from now on.

Back on topic.

I do like all the earth and weather shows this week, pieces on energy, great photo documentaries---those satellite images of the sun are awesome! And the archives of the way things used to be during manufacturing age, post WWII, almost looks barbaric by today's standards.

That oil rig exploding and sinking is sad on so many levels.....

I didn't do much but even a little bit helps; knocked the AC up to 77F, opened all the curtains and blinds, and unplugged the plasma in the living room. If someone wanted TV they used the 15" in Ocean's room, or the 19" in our bedroom.

I didn't do much either. Hand pulled some dandelions and cut the grass higher. My lawn looks great even though it's chemical-free and I never water, but my neighbors all use ChemLawn and have in-ground sprinkler systems. Hate that smell, and seeing the little signs to stay off the grass. Guess they don't mind that their dogs or kids walk in that stuff. Also, seems a massive waste, to water grass. Then the chemical run-off goes to the storm drains, and some of those are entry points to the Chesapeake Bay. They're even marked.

My neighbors are all about the green lawn too. I will say that the in ground sprinklers on my street are at least tapped from wells, so they aren't wasting treated water on the grass.

Saw this crappy opinion piece today, and it pissed me off a bit.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/04/2...x.html?hpt=Mid

I do my best to do my part, but to make silly ass claims about the Earth striking back, when volcanoes and earthquakes have been part of Earth's natural history since the beginning is asinine. Plate tectonics, people!

Christ. Every thread that moron posts in becames a retarded mess.

Anyhoo:

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    My neighbors are all about the green lawn too. I will say that the in ground sprinklers on my street are at least tapped from wells, so they aren't wasting treated water on the grass.
    I'm really pissed off because my neighbor WAY ramped up his lawn effort. Everybody has pretty straggly lawns, and that's been OK the whole time we've been in this house. Now he's been dumping fertilizer and broadleaf herbicides, and lo, his lawn is green, lush and weed-free. We have crap soil in our neck of the country, so non-stop fertilizing is the only way to get that kind of green.

Grr.

Saw this crappy opinion piece today, and it pissed me off a bit.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/04/2...x.html?hpt=Mid

I do my best to do my part, but to make silly ass claims about the Earth striking back, when volcanoes and earthquakes have been part of Earth's natural history since the beginning is asinine. Plate tectonics, people!
    Oh ffs. See, I hate this kind of stuff. OK, I understand that people are essentially pattern detecting maachines, and they'll pull patterns out of almost anything. But all you have to do is let a newbie like me throw darts at a dart board. There will be clusters, but I guarantee that there were not directed. Same with earthquakes. Statistics will have them clustering now and then, but it won't mean squat.

Hey, some Islamist extremists are saying the volcanoes and earthquakes are because of all the western women romping around half naked.

The lawn competition is a pain in the ass, and it's stupid. Well water still matters, all water matters. Pretty soon we'll have the big ass water tankers filling swimming pools. Satellite shots show how many pools there are, in every backyard of warm climates.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Hey, some Islamist extremists are saying the volcanoes and earthquakes are because of all the western women romping around half naked.

The lawn competition is a pain in the ass, and it's stupid. Well water still matters, all water matters. Pretty soon we'll have the big ass water tankers filling swimming pools. Satellite shots show how many pools there are, in every backyard of warm climates.
    My pool is green.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

That's just algae, dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    That's just algae, dear.
    I refer to it as unprocessed bio-fuel.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    Christ. Every thread that moron posts in becames a retarded mess.
    TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE! HAHA I TOTS PWN3D U!!!