Thread: FFXII Re-Master

Default FFXII Re-Master

Anyone played it?

I'm enjoying it quite a bit as I had forgotten much of the story. I also LOVE the speed up option for quickly traveling/grinding when necessary. Makes things so much more painless in between the fun boss fights and more story.

Yeesh, RPGs from this era love their stupid time wasting gimmicks. Going around town talking to people announcing you are someone is tedious and stupid. Some of the dungeons would set my teeth on edge in terms of their backtracking if it wasn't for double speed. Not sure how I managed to play this normal speed when it was first released.

I liked the game when it first came out, it was the last Final Fantasy I enjoyed, but I'm not sure I could play it again. Is the remastering just improved graphics and the speed up?

The game is basically a solo MMORPG, with far less content and a mediocre gameplay system. It's not a bad game, but there's nothing new. As for the new edition, it's the international edition of the original. There are classes, which are stupid. And a few other cosmetic changes.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    it was the last Final Fantasy I enjoyed
    XIII was good fun IMO. Was the last one I've played - received XV for my birthday but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I liked the game when it first came out, it was the last Final Fantasy I enjoyed, but I'm not sure I could play it again. Is the remastering just improved graphics and the speed up?
    Improved Graphics. Trial Mode (Basically you go through 99 (maybe 100?) fights in a row with your party. Replays the major boss fights as well as regular enemies. Class system (which is both limiting and a very positive change because it requires players to make choices on what to specialize in) and beyond that I couldn't tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The game is basically a solo MMORPG, with far less content and a mediocre gameplay system. It's not a bad game, but there's nothing new. As for the new edition, it's the international edition of the original. There are classes, which are stupid. And a few other cosmetic changes.
    I found the combat a nice change of pace. Tweeking the gambit system was fun. Not something I would do for 200 hours but for a 30-40 hour RPG not a big issue.

The classes make a lot more sense than the original where you could easily unlock everything for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    XIII was good fun IMO. Was the last one I've played - received XV for my birthday but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
    Mixed feelings on it. A lot more 'twitchy' than a typical RPG would be. A lot of the content requires 'exploring' the open world IE drive or run long distances... often. I would recommend you want Kingsglaive first. (Sequentially you could play chapter 1 and then watch Kingsglaive to avoid a spoiler but ehhhh it should be obvious what is going to happen anyway).